Child Protective Services / Wrongfully accused

1 Edmore, MI, United States Review updated:

I am wrighting to summit a complaint about MONTCALM county Child Protective Services!
The reason That I am writing this is because, On Febuary 10th 2011 My family was ripped apart Literially. At 3:20 that thursday afternoon my daughter age 12 months was making rushed to the hopsital at Graciot Memorial Hospital in Alma Mi, She was placed on life support and was aero medded to U of M, Where she passed away Febuary 11th at 11:23pm, She had severe brain swelling and her electro lytes were extremely low along with her glucose and sodium and everything else. They told us they didnt know why her brain was swelling just that It was life threatening. They contiuned to do there test with her to find out why this was happening, however they couldnt conclued anything. While we were at U of M trying to be at the bedside of our 1 year old daughter we began to be interagted by state troopers and CPS workers, We were in a room for long periods of times and only had minutes with our daughter before they took us in for another interagation. This contiuned until my beautiful daughter passed away. At the hopital CPS came and took from us our 2 year old son and 4 year old daughter said we were not a safe enviorment for them do the the unknown case of our 1 years injuries. We had to appear in court 11 hours after our daughter passed away, they wanted to terminate our parental rights, the judge however said there wasnt enough evidence that he wasnt going to do that we then got granted 2 hour visits a week and our children are in foster care. We have been dealing with CPS for over a month now and our children are still in foster care my parents are wanting the kids they have been approved but pending to be foster parents prior to this happening and The CPS worker has not returned my mothers phone calls My mother calls at least 2 times a week and is still waiting for a home inspection. They came and had the state police officers come to get the childrens belongings and was told that no officer was allowed in our home with out a warrant for all the harrasment we have indured they didnt listen and did a ILLEGAL search of our home. We have been Harrased, accused of false acusations and have had all our RIGHTs as a AMerican citizen taken away. We have NEVER been introuble with the cps before or have never even been under invesgation. We have structure for our children we love our children, Yes our 1 year old had a bruised chin however she just started walking 5 days before she passed away and fell and bumped her chin on a end table. However I was a stay at home mother for 2 years with my children and I also baby sat 3 other children at the time. We are a very loving family that is very family orianted we do family activities and do not have any neglect nor abuse in our home. We are waiting on the autopsy to tell us how and why our daughter died. As for no body as any Idea. They couldnt say what it was they were at a lose. Our Lawyer told us that this is going to be a long battle due to the fact CPS instantly made there minds up about us, We are INNOCENT of there acusations and feel this is unhuman what we are going through. Our children have NEVER been away from us for more that a few days at most and now they are away from us for over a month and they dont have there baby sister with them, When we see our children they cry and want to come home and want to know where sister is at. They are making us feel like were criminals when we are law abiding citizens, We just want them to go to my parents house where there with family rather then a foster home. We fight every day to protect our children but it seems all our years of being there parents and protecting them Child Protective services has RUINED it all. If someone can please please help my family to at least get our children out of foster care please do so... We are begging you. WE are reaching out for anyone at this point, We not only lost our baby but we lost our other 2 children the same day. We dont know what to do from here our trials keep getting ajurned and we are getting no where. We are at a stand still. So please help me if you know how to get the case transferred t o a different county or anything please please... Thank you.

Ho

Comments

• Mo
      19th of Mar, 2011

They came to get your children's things and you attempted to thwart that with "not without a warrant"? What was more important, your babies having their familiar belongings with them, or trying to stick it to the cops? Very, very sad about your daughter, but something is off with your story.

• Mo
      20th of Mar, 2011

The electrolytes could also just be basic dehydration, which could point to neglect. Not saying thats what happened but it would have been considered.

• St
      29th of Mar, 2011

I am so sorry for your loss, we are living the same nightmare. My baby is 3 months old, with broken ribs, he is in a foster home, and we cannot see him. there is a dr out there in california, he is under toxi-health.com let us know how u r doing, we are innocent and cps has been nothing but horrible to us.

• Ll
      3rd of May, 2011

First the CPS investigate against my daughter she dislocate my granddaughter when she was two.Then under her father care she under her father care broke her leg.It was spiral tibal break on her left leg.Instead all the father accused us being bad parenting and claiming sexual abuse.When they didn't take the girls to see the doctors not even police report. CPS believe them more. March 28, 2011I lost managing conservator of my grandkids and also restraining order. When I talk to mydaughter she kept telling .I have other grandkids.I know i do.but i had special bond with these girls.And to me it sound like she is jealous.

• Fr
      13th of May, 2011

sounds like there is a lot to the story not being told.

• Ll
      16th of May, 2011

Yes there is more.She got pregnanet young.And married and her husband didn't want to be with her.Then when she had her babyShe push her baby towards me and her younger sister who was 11.We try to get her to be a mother instead she runaway.Guess who was left with the baby.Then trying to get her on birth control after the fourth child .We told her IUD.So she won't get pregnanaet.Now she decide to be a mother.Because she was with this young man.He said he only marry her unless she has four of her kids.You tell me what going on here. I was the oldest one for seven years and the third from birth til the age of three.Second one from birth to the age of three and now she is six living with her father and her so call step mother.Who like to depend on lawyer.Claim we are unfeat grandparents.And she believes in my daughter.when we have so many evidence.Showing she was medical neglect and abusive.

• Ge
      19th of Nov, 2012

I had my children removed for alleged drug abuse and dropped clean and proved i was clean but because it was my father whos wife was sterile filing the complaints the cps worker felt it was a legit claim and got the court to order my father and mother get my kids and once they had them they cut off all visitaion and told my children they were their parents now that I didn't want them. I pled with cps to make them let me see them and they told me it was a foc matter. FOC never enforced visits and when we went to court again my rights were terminated for no contact. My fatrher had me arrested twice for trespassing for showing up and asking to see her. He also made me pay 600.00 to visit for 1 hour on christma eve and after 15 minutes told me I had to go because I was crying and it was traumatizing my 4 year old who had only ever been away from me visiting my father on over night stays with constant telephone contact. The system is broke and noone is trying to fix it hon. Good luck in your battle. Once you prove that it was not abuse or neglect I would contact a lawyer and sue the hell out of the system for the pain and suffering they have caused your family.
    I know a family of drug users who lost their kids for not protecting them from a moleser that had abused their son... their kids were taken for 6 months and returned because they "turned over a new leaf. and attended church." They have the kids around the same man out on bond for molesting their child and stopped going to church 2 weeks after the kids were returned.
    If your kids are white with blonde hair and blue eyes they are the ones the system goes after the most because they are the most "adoptable' meaning sellable.

• Ti
      30th of Jun, 2014

CPS is very corrupt, I use to live in Montcalm County Michigan. I now live in a different area. Montcalm has harrassed my family for 24 yrs. Now my children are afraid of everything. Especially my 9 yr old daughter. CPS is only in it for the money not the family. I fight them everyday. Good luck with everything. And God Bless your family

• Ri
      7th of Dec, 2016

All social workers to me sold there souls. They tell you to be honest with them but there not honest with you. They get away with murder. I seen them in action. I been threw what you all are going threw. There jobs are not to help you. It's to make you seem like the most horrible parent ever. Even if you are a good parent. Cause that's what they get paid too do. If they try to help the parents they will lose there job.