Child Protective Services / child abuse by child protective services

1 555 W. Highway 243Canton, TX, United States Review updated:
Phone: (903)567-7357

My daughter is currently being investigated by C.P.S. in van Zandt County, the case worker was informed my one year old grandson needed his machine for his breathing treatment, she was not concerned nor did she ask for his machine. The caseworker admitted she had heard him wheezing when she had made a visit to my daughters home. I want to know if charges can be filed against the caseworker for neglect because of his medical condition. Also isn't it abuse on her part for not seeking medical attention for my grandson

Comments

28th of Sep, 2009

The case worker has pure immunity. That means you cannot sue the caseworker in her official capacity. CPS in Texas has more power that any unit of government and will yeald that power with pure abuse and vicious violence. There is nothing you can do. I have been having the problems for the past 13 years and Kristi Rice, Michael Hubert, and LaKisha Hart have been on my backs for over a decade. Kristi Rice is the Supervisor for investigations for CPS and Michael Hubert and LaKisha Hart are her violent hunchmen.

You can sue the investigator in civil court but you will not be awarded any money and it will just cost you. I spent $20, 000 against CPS and just received my first restraining order in over a decade. I have a step daughter that is Type 1 Diabetic and her dad stole her from her mother and kept her for over a year and no one in Canton or Van Zandt would ever help. I filed a series of legal cases and evetually made the dad take a drug test. When the father and step mother and other kids in the home came back with GHB in the system(pot) the judge ordered the child back with the Mother. The mother is a master degreed accountant and stay at home mom. The dad had originally filed a complaint with CPS and Kristi Rice took the complaints all the way to court against the step dad and made him look bad in family court. There were over a dozen false cases already filed by the dad against the step dad with CPS. Remember its a felony to file a false report with CPS 261.107 TX FAMILY CODE

When the dad tested positive and testified that he did indeed smoke pot and the step mother testified that she smoked pot on the property with the child home. (22.041 Texas Penal Code) The step mother admitted that she did commit child endangerment. We called CPS and advised them that the father and step mother were doing drugs and did them with the child on the property. CPS said they got screwed by the step dad and were not willing to get involved. Just like CPS to endanger the lives of child because their a bunch of baby killers.

• Hl
      26th of Nov, 2010

CPS is involved, by law they are required to invetigate, but you have to remember that the main concern of CPS is not the child first but rather the public eye of CPS, it is thier first concern to protect themselves againt public pressure, thier action are all to protect themselves against public redicule, the childs welfare is of not concern to them.
    The best way out of a CPS investigator is to have them believe that there is nothing there that will bring them redicule.
    However thier worst fear is Laws that you can pass to limit thier endless power, remember you make the laws in your state, as of now most states uphold that the investigator and employees of CPS is not liable for any action, even if there is proff of wrong doing by CPS.
    The best solution is to have a law that installs a internal investigation section in which they are responsible for any and all wrong doing by the CPS, and have the law state that they are able to suspend, fine, and imprison any CPS official that puts a child indanger or acts wrongfully and without proof against the parent of caretaker,
    And iclude that there must be a JURY hearing within 48 hours after the child is removed to allow CPS to keep the child away from thier parents.
    This way CPS internal will be on your side and it is not YOU against CPS, but rather CPS internal against CPS, and in this way CPS official do not have blanket protection. and must defend thier wrongful action.

• Vi
      2nd of Dec, 2010

CPS, specifically Carol Morin and Brian Speer, refused to listen to my concern's about my brother, Kyle Keller's and his girlfriend at the time (they have since married to avoid loss of assets in a wrongful death case), Perry Ray's severe alcohol and drug abuse. I told them several times after they falsified court documents to remove my daughter, Koryn Hensley Keller, that I would rather have her placed in an unknown foster care environment than with my brother and his paramour. These people by their own words "consume more alcoholic calories than food calories" and I wanted my daughter placed somewhere outside of immediate family. But they insisted her placement was a good one. After Kenneth Kyle Keller was dismissed of any criminal wrongdoing, CPS has still yet to make any conclusion as to neglectful supervision or any other civil wrongdoing. CPS not only allows children like my 1 month old daughter Koryn, to be placed in an unsafe environment, they also lied and rhetorically slandered and vilified my character.

The end result was they took her out of a good home, and put her in a very bad home--where she ultimately suffocated to death (as the official cause).

• La
      22nd of Jul, 2011

CPS REMOVED OUR DAUGHTER AND GRANDCHILD WITHOUT A COURT ORDER. WE WERE NEVER GIVEN A HEARING ON AN EMEMRGENCY REMOVAL. OUR DAUGHTER WAS RAPED BY HER TEACHER IN THE SIXTH GRADE. CPS MOVED OUR CHILDREN NEXT DOOR TO THE RAPIST AND LEFT THEM THERE BY AN ORDER FROM THE JUDGE. WE FOUND OUR CHILDREN SEVEN MONTHS LATER AND WERE KICKED OUT OF THE CPS HEARINGS. THE GUARDIAN AD-LITEM'S TO OUR GRANDSON HAS AN ASSISTANT THAT THE COURT GAVE TEMPORARY CONSERVATORSHIP TO. THIS FAMILY SEXUALLY ABUSED OUR GRANDCHILD AND THE FATHER WAS INDICTED FOR DWI. WE CANNOT FIND OUR GRANDCHILD EVEN THOUGH WE SHARE JOINT CUSTODY OF HIM WITH THIS FAMILY. WHAT DO WE DO?

• Se
      25th of Jul, 2011

go ### yourself you will never see your grandson agian hahahahahahaha

• In
      23rd of Feb, 2015

Carol Morin is pure evil and openly states how she despises children within the CPS walls. She is more concerned with her over inflated ego than anyone else's well being. She jokes about the families she is supposed to be helping and constantly berates her workers to make herself look better. The only thing worse than Carol Morin being in CPS is her Supervisor Jessica Sutton/ Morton who's jaw can unhinge.

• Pe
      3rd of May, 2015

I can confirm that Carol Morin uses her subordinates to make herself look good. Carol was being deposed as part of an investigation into her mishandling of a case in which evidence “disappeared” from the case file. She claimed she was on vacation during that time (the time in question was a period of 5 months so I guess she was sailing her yacht in the south of France and couldn’t be reached). She claimed she had no knowledge of the case, which has been a pending criminal investigation for almost 3 years, and that she simply does not know what happened to the evidence in the case file. Although she has no knowledge, she says, it is possible that one of her investigators has done something wrong in the case, but it wasn’t her.

People like Carol Morin think they can get away with doing whatever they want to innocent people because they usually do get away with it. Carol Morin didn’t remove the fabricated evidence of a suspected child abuser from the case file because she thought it was the right thing to do for the victim, she did it because it was going make her look bad. And it does make her look bad…to the police.

We need your help. You may have information that you don’t even realize that could be essential to the case, or you may know another employee who does.

• Bi
      23rd of Sep, 2015

My name is billy morgan and I currently have a c.p.s case with Van Zandt county c.p.s. I obviously can not speak on anyone else's situation; however my case has went very smoothly.
    Last September the feds and county drug agents were at my house. C.p.s was called and everyone in my home tested positive for meth( including my 4 year old.)
    C.p.s has always been encouraging and more than fair. I was given classes, counciling, n.a to do. I did everything they asked me to do. I had two different case workers during this year long supervision, both were always encouraging and helpful. I did not expect to be treated the way I was. Especially when I initially read numerous horror stories.
    I only write this because I truly believe c.p.s had my families best interest at heart. I did what they asked and enjoyed it, I learned alot and I feel like this has been a blessing.
    If you find yourself in a c.p.s case, do what they ask and do it with the same tenacity that you did drugs and you will be fine ( if drugs were the reason for the case.)
    They are there to help if you are willing to do the work.
    Thank you to all of the workers at Van Zandt c.p.s especially M.B.