The most trusted and popular consumer complaints website
Explore your opportunities! Create an account or Sign In

Chihuahua Puppy / Paid for the puppy that I never got

1 United States Review updated:
Contact information:
Phone: 1-800-315-8998

I paid for a Chihuahua puppy on January 18, 2009 to be delivered to me by Feburary 20, 2009. I received a call from Chris one of the agents of Breeders Direct informing me that the puppy has been diagnosed with a heart murmur and they are not going to send her to me. After preparing myself for a month looking forward to get my new puppy just the day before they broke this news to me and they were offering me other puppies which I was not interested in. I was in tears the whole day. Then I contacted them to get my refund and they pushed me again to get another puppy and I refused. Eventually, I was told that I would get my refund within a few days. I have contaced them several time by phone and email and I was promised over and over again that I would get my refund with in a couple of days. I have not seen the refund yet and now they are ignoring all my emails and phone calls. I need to know where I can take my complaint to so I can resolve this issuer. Not only I have paid for the puppy but also for the airline trip as well.

Sort by: UpDate | Rating


  • Da
      9th of Apr, 2009
    0 Votes

    I am sorry you got screwed but these people are brokers. They came to me wanting to sell my dogs for me..They tAke what I ask for a pup and then add their cut to the end so the breeders get what they want, and these creeps make a few hundred more. A chihuahua should not cost that much. I paid 850.00 for my tiny teacup.

    I see mixes on there for 2k, and most around 1200.00..

    I don't understand why people breed from places like is so obvious when they have 100 breeds and mixes that they are not a breeder.

    I would file a complaint with the BBB, the USDA, their local police department, what they have done to you is fraud. I would CC them every letter you right so they get a copy.. do NOT email the complaints, call! And the best thing, is to call the attorney general in their state (yours too) and tell them you want to lodge a complaint.

    They will send you paperwork to fill out, send ALL documentation when you send the paperwork back in.. Make copies of all your complaints as well.

    The attorney general will tell them of the complaint and tell them to basically fix the problem, if they don't they can be prosecuted... Usually this puts the fire under them and they will refund your money very quickly!

    IF nothing works, then you will have to take them to small claims court within their county/city to get your money back...

    Is your ticket non returnable? I think if I had a ticket I would go there and demand my money back in person...

    The easiest way of dealing with this would be to pick another puppy, maybe there is another one you like, or one that becomes available. Give yourself a few days to calm down and then look again, or talk to them again.

    On the bright side, they could have just sent you that puppy and not told you it had a murmur...

  • Da
      9th of Apr, 2009
    0 Votes

    PS: I never used these people, I do not deal with brokers!! so I told them where to stick their offer..

  • Co
      20th of Jun, 2009
    0 Votes

    Call your credit card company and file whats called a chargeback. Your credit card company will reverse the charges and give you your money back.

  • In
      16th of Sep, 2009
    0 Votes

    1. Write them a letter,

    Gwendolyn Camille Pendland, Owner
    c/o Breeders Direct, LLC
    3900 Hollywood Blvd., Suite 101
    Hollywood, Florida 33021

    2. Call them, (954) 237-2285 (Number they have posted on Yahoo) or (800) 315-8995 (number on their website.

    3. Fax them a complaint @ (866) 307-9444 (from website)

    4. Contact your Attorney General and complain.

    5. Contact the Florida Attorney General and complain,

    Office of Attorney General
    State of Florida
    The Capitol PL-01
    Tallahassee, FL 32399-1050

    6. File a complaint online,

    7. File a complaint with Federal Government @

    8. File a written complaint with the Federal Trade Commission @

Post your comment