CHIhost.com / False advertising and business practices!

3-5 United States Review updated:

CHI Host, happens to be one of those companies that are "full of hot air". Their "24-hour technical support" never returns my phone calls. On their website they boast a 99.9% uptime guarantee. I was with them for only 3 months and my websites went down twice already, bringing the uptime down to 99.25%. The fraction seems negligible, but not when you compute the downtime in number of hours. Figure a whole weekend (including half Friday) plus 5 hours yesterday (June 15) of downtime. That makes a total of 65 hours! At this rate, I might as well close down my business, pack up and go on a cruise to the Bahamas!
I cancelled my account with CHI Host and wrote them a letter requesting a refund for their failure to meet their "ironclad" guarantee of 99.9% uptime. I had no response to my letter. A follow-up phone call was made a few months ago. The company president promised to send me a refund check, which I never received. A complaint was filed with the BBB on Nov. 16, 2006 on the basis that CHI Host used false advertising to get my business and therefore they should refund my credit card, even though the 60-day trial period has expired.

Ol

More CHIhost.com Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Da
      15th of Sep, 2007

They are a horrible company. You cannot get into contact with anyone. I'm still trying to cancel my account with them and they will not return anything (calls, email, form submission). I'll have to dispute every charge until they finally drop me.

11th of Mar, 2015

I started with them in 2010, and have had no problems, maybe they were like that before, but my site has never been down, except when there was a problem on my end, upgrading WordPress, and they were quick to fix that.

30th of Mar, 2018

I'm not aware of any outages more than a few minutes, but please contact our helpdesk so we can make this right.

• Ho

@Terry N. Hi Terry —

Guess what? We’re documenting everything you guys have done to us. We’re going to get some of our money back. Think thousands, Terry. You can’t get way with the things you have done.

• Ho
      10th of Jul, 2018

I, too, was ripped off by Chihost after dealing with them for 15 years. In the beginning they were fine. They had some issues but nothing I would consider nightmarish. Suddenly, though, they couldn’t get anything right — and We’re hitting my credit card with outrageous numbers. I’m an investigator. When I started asking real questions, they blocked my numbers so my calls wouldn’t go through. They stopped responding to emails but still had the audacity to keep hitting the card. Finally, I told them I was going to report this abuse of the card — which is the intentional taking of money while NOT providing services as agreed and, at that point, they cancelled ALL my accounts killing my sites, longstanding domain names, everything. They have to be stopped. This isn’t just a matter of a difference of opinion. This is ripping off long term customers. They cost me a fortune killing all the sites I’d hosted with them 15 years with no explantation whatsoever as to why they can’t handle even the most basic of services. Buyer beware.

10th of Jul, 2018

@Hotlined I'm so sorry to hear about your experience and I apologize for any confusion. The extra charges were for domain renewals, as you requested we renew those automatically for you. We received your request to stop charging your card, so we did. When the service expired, we sent 3 notices that service would not auto-renew, per your request, including 2 final notices, before suspending the sites, and then several weeks later, after not hearing from you, we closed account. Please do contact me via our helpdesk so we can make this right. Once again I apologize for this experience and any confusion.

10th of Jul, 2018

Thank you all for your comments, its feedback like this that help us provide the best possible service. If you ever have any issues I invite you to contact me (Terry Newbury, Manager) directly.