CHIhost.com / False advertising and business practices!

CHI Host, happens to be one of those companies that are "full of hot air". Their "24-hour technical support" never returns my phone calls. On their website they boast a 99.9% uptime guarantee. I was with them for only 3 months and my websites went down twice already, bringing the uptime down to 99.25%. The fraction seems negligible, but not when you compute the downtime in number of hours. Figure a whole weekend (including half Friday) plus 5 hours yesterday (June 15) of downtime. That makes a total of 65 hours! At this rate, I might as well close down my business, pack up and go on a cruise to the Bahamas!
I cancelled my account with CHI Host and wrote them a letter requesting a refund for their failure to meet their "ironclad" guarantee of 99.9% uptime. I had no response to my letter. A follow-up phone call was made a few months ago. The company president promised to send me a refund check, which I never received. A complaint was filed with the BBB on Nov. 16, 2006 on the basis that CHI Host used false advertising to get my business and therefore they should refund my credit card, even though the 60-day trial period has expired.

Ol

More CHIhost.com Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Da
      15th of Sep, 2007

They are a horrible company. You cannot get into contact with anyone. I'm still trying to cancel my account with them and they will not return anything (calls, email, form submission). I'll have to dispute every charge until they finally drop me.

11th of Mar, 2015

I started with them in 2010, and have had no problems, maybe they were like that before, but my site has never been down, except when there was a problem on my end, upgrading WordPress, and they were quick to fix that.

• Te
      30th of Mar, 2018

I'm not aware of any outages more than a few minutes, but please contact our helpdesk so we can make this right.