Chicken Licken / bad attitude

Cresta Mall, Johannesburg, MI, United States Review updated:

I write this in response to the vile, disgusting and bluntly rude customer service i received from chicken licken cresta mall branch. I feel utterly ashamed for the rude woman who refused to assist me just because i had a trolley inside the shop, she opened her rude mouth and refused to give me service and instructed me to take the trolley outside, which obviously had valuable stuff which i had bought from the other shops in the mall.
Tell me why chicken licken would have a “restaurant” inside a mall if you do not want your customers to bring their trolleys inside your shop?
I had guests yesterday evening at my house and i was going to spend an amount of +- r1000.00 of take away food in chicken licken cresta mall branch but your employee couldn’t care less. She tells me there’s no space for trolleys inside their shop, if that was the truth, explain to me how could i have managed to get inside the shop with a trolley if there wasn’t space. So here is what i need to know from the business owner of the chicken licken cresta mall branch:1. Why would your employee refuse a paying customer from your shop just because of a trolley? 2. If you (Referring to your business) do not except trolleys inside your shop how come there is no visible sign at the entrance informing us paying customers of such?
3. Is this the normal business practise to turn away paying customer s just because of a trolley that could easily fit in the shop cause i was right by the till point when your employee rudely refused to give me service.

Mb

Comments

10th of Mar, 2011

Hi there,
    I use to stay in Soweto then moved to the so called suburbs, now and then I visit Soweto and below are some of the challenges I face please read and maybe add yours if you have any and forward it to as many people as you can, it might reach the relevant recipient.

To Whom it may concern,

1. On the 24th of February 2011 I went to a FNB Dobsonville branch to withdraw money unfortunately I did not have my card but had my identity book with me. When I got to the tellers to try and make a withdrawal I was told I could not complete such a transaction without a bank card, then I quickly went to Enquiries to try and create a replacement card, I was told that the cards were finished. I then rushed to a branch in Florida I was given the card immediately and I could withdraw.

My point is:
    Why is it that the service in townships and those in suburbs differ so much e.g.

a. I went to many KFC’s around Carletonville, Krugersdorp and Roodepoort and requested that they make me a streetwise two with additional cheese and they did it with ease. Then I went to the one in dobsonville mall and tried to buy the same thing I was told that I needed to buy two separate orders as the cheese is standard with the meal.
    b. With disappointment I went to the chicken licken in dobsonville and asked for a combo that came with a can of soft drink and requested that they swap the coldrink with a juice I will pay for any additional amount they refused point blank.
    c. Lastly I tried to buy few groceries at the Pick n Pay and Shoprite stores the queues were so long with only two cashiers opened, I changed so many of them and they were just the same, I decided to drive to Westgate to my surprise there were only six of us at the time and all the cashiers were open.

What I would like to know is:
    do these shops and banks train their employees different i.e. those in townships are not that important as compared to those in Suburbs?
    Why those in suburbs can improvise and those in townships can’t, we cannot say its due to colour cause most of them on both sides are Africans, maybe with different management.

And lastly what is with this process of having the slip checked and signed in the township whereas in the suburbs there is no such nonsense, I personally feel belittled by such behavior.