Chicken Express / serving spoiled chicken

Marble Falls, TX, United States Review updated:

Spoiled chicken was being fried and sold on July 25, 2011. I know this because I was an employee until the incident occured. It was first brought to my attention while I was doing the dishes and I noticed a peculiar smell; which I had not smelled once while working there over a year. I asked the cook what it was and after a while of looking around and getting the manager involved we discovered that it was in fact the tubs of tenders, and we later discovered the raw gizzards gave off the same odor. There are two franchizers of the restaurant and one of them said to simply wash them off and they would be fine, we did wash them and they still had the same sour smell. The other owner actually came by and looked at them, but when she did she insisted that she could not smell anything, but myself and two other employees finally showed her the difference after comparing a nonsmelling tender with the contaminated tenders. She then admitted there was a difference, and she reluctatly threw away the tubs. Even though she said it was normal because it was freshly made marination put on fresh tenders, but still left the same sour smelling gizzards in the cooler. After asking around some more I figured out that the same sour smell had happened earlier on in the week but nothing was done. I also disovered that when marinating chicken, employees had used hot marination while marinating chicken to keep their hands warm and this left the raw chicken in air tight tubs with hot water and this was why the chicken had a distinct sour smell and was in fact spoiled.

Comments

• Cr
      29th of Jul, 2011

Yuck, As a Vegetarian I'm really insulted that they fried up spoiled chicken on my birthday and sold it to people, Do so Hope that the Survivors file a Lawsuit, And get so much cash that they put this place out of business!!!

• Cr
      29th of Jul, 2011

Thanks Brenda, thats a horrible thing to do serve spoiled chicken to people, that should never happen ever, Spoiled meat can kill and that really does'nt help a business with their happy and satisfied customers returning for chicken there. Maybe they should consider changing their name to The Last Meal Cafe Or, The Rotten Bird Meat Restaurant? At least the Customers will know what to expect before they walk into that place and order up. Give me some fried Carrots, Baked Zucchini and Salad with some Ranch, Now thats a meal I can trust not to kill me, Lol.

• Ba
      20th of Aug, 2018
    Chicken Express - Terrible fries and not enough of them.
    Del City
    Oklahoma

Just another fried chicken place with more selections. Prices are too high and not any better than the other three in close proximity to my house.
    Everything very bland. Probably not going to go back too much. Better chicken elsewhere and just as close.

• Co
      20th of Aug, 2018
    Chicken Express - Wait time!
    Clifton
    Texas

Having to wait 30 minuets every time we go to eat at Chicken Express in Clifton Texas is ridiculously too long! Something has got to be done to help them improve on their time management with the paying customers. Every time you order in the drive through they have you wait up front (20-30 mins later) you get your food. We will not be back

• Jl
    Chicken Express - Side sauces
    Lumberton
    Texas

I have been to chicken express location in Lumberton, TX more than once and I could be wrong but I thought there is Chicken Express brand dipping sauces (i.e. Ranch, jalepeno ranch, bbq sauce etc) however both times I am given Ken's Steakhouse Ranch. Is this franchise not using the products it is suppose to?

• Ot
    Chicken Express - 4712 nw cache lawton ok 73505
    Lawton
    Oklahoma

your employee could not get my order right and overcharge customer, and was not professional

date: 31 Aug 2018 time 4: 45 pm

order was two dinner - one gal swt

ottaway Davenport
    [protected]@yahoo.com

• Ml
    Chicken Express - Fish dinners
    Desoto
    Missouri

Purchased 2 fish dinners last night at the location in desoto Texas 1021 beltline.
    The fish was too hard, hush puppies were hard as rock and only one hush puppy per box. Coleslaw was excellent and mash potatoes were to. This is a new store and just wanted them to be aware of how certain items are being served and I had to pull up to wait for it.

• Ro
      10th of Sep, 2018
    Chicken Express - $5.28 2-legs & bisket?

I ordered a 2 piece combo meal.
    But got 2-legs & bisket for $5.28...
    I always check my order everytime just to make sure they get it right, but this time i didn't because i need to goto work and press for time.
    I should of gone to Subway next door and got a 6 inch meatball for $3.00

• He
    Chicken Express - Wait time
    Center
    Colorado

Placed order at 12:38 And was told it was an 8 minute wait yet did not receive order until 1:02.

• Bu
      19th of Sep, 2018
    Chicken Express - The chicken
    Watkinsville
    Georgia

I've been to a lot of your stores have never been to one that offer serendipity seasoning salt the chicken was not cooked the way I have been accustomed to receiving from your stores hope you get the problem taken care of because your about to lose a very good customer. I sent my wife and kids there and they where very disappointed.

• Te
      21st of Oct, 2018
    Chicken Express - The management staff
    Beaumont
    Texas

I need for Mark that's over the chicken express in Beaumont TX on hwy 105 and college street to contact me as soon as possible. He can contact me at(409) 932-7580. Thanks

• Br
      23rd of Oct, 2018
    Chicken Express - Mold in cup!
    North Richland Hills
    Texas

I went to the chicken express on Davis blvd in north Richland hills today and there was BLACK MOLD in my cup. I didn't notice it until I was done drinking my full drink and started munching on the ice. This is DISGUSTING! Why in the world would your servers think it is okay AT ALL to serve someone a cup with BLACK MOLD in it???

• Go
      31st of Oct, 2018
    Chicken Express - Chicken
    Tyler
    Texas

Rude white manager Lady located on the Loop Tyler, Tx . I ordered a number 1 the meat was so greasy I asked her to replace my food. She threw it in the trash across the kitchen had a rude and unprofessional attitude . She didn't want to give me some fresh food. I will never spend my money their again.

• Da
      5th of Nov, 2018
    Chicken Express - the food
    Marshall
    chickenexpress.com

They don't know how to cook hoodwinks or macaroni!!! They overcook everything!!! It was marshal.

• Tr
      11th of Nov, 2018
    Chicken Express - Chicken was cold when I got ig and fries were too chicken tasted burnt
    Lancaster
    Texas

I wanted for wat felt like 10 mins for my chicken tenders and then they cold and tasted burnt and the fries were cold and undercooked/ fries don't look same as they did last time I went. I feel like they just gave me the old leftover food that they were going to throw away anyway

• Ga
      13th of Nov, 2018
    Chicken Express - Rolls
    Alvin
    chickene.com

I love Chicken Express but today I got some to go. The rolls were burnt. I have never had any problems before. I just couldn't go back to tell them had to get ready for work too.
    The chicken is the best around.

• Ra
      13th of Nov, 2018
    Chicken Express - Cooking
    Rockwall
    Texas

11/29/2016 show up at 12:15 an they tell you it will take 20 mins for four pieces of chicken. Sounds like the owner needs to hire someone that's not waiting for people to walk in before they cook. Gone down hill the last year.

• Ka
      5th of Jan, 2019
    Chicken Express - Raw Chicken!!!
    Bastrop
    Texas

I went to chicken express with my friends and we order tenders. The chicken wasn't fresh and was all bread little chicken. But the chicken I got was raw the manager said he couldn't do much about it and gave me 3 Jalapeño poppers. I ATE RAW CHICKEN!!!