Chicken Express, Blue Mound RD. Saginaw, Texas / service

Saginaw, TX, United States

Placed an order at 445pm (drive thru #340) 9/2/16
After difficulties placing the order, employee was not understanding "15 piece Chicken Tender special/ as advertised on main sign" another employee got on and completed my order. All appeared fine.
Paid $50.85 for my order. They instructed me to pull forward, as it was going to be a "few" minutes for my order.
(15Tenders, 8 pc catfish, poppers, gal.sweet tea)
After 20 min I went inside to see what was the issue.
After waiting 5 min in line (no one would offer assistance ; including the staff manager) an employee came up and assisted me.
I told her I had been now waiting over 20 min to get my order. I showed her my receipt (time stamp) she approached her manager. I heard the blame go back and forth. Then to find out the poppers were not ready and it would be an additional 10 min. I stated to "just give me what you do have ready". The manager then told her to "give her a complimentary sweet tea", I stated you are not giving me anything as I already paid for a gal of sweet tea.
Horrible food service. Not once did anyone other than the young lady look over or apologize.
I overpaid for the quality of food, service, overall experience. I think back and feel that I should have just requested a refund of my money.
I would like a refund.