ChickDownTown.com / Non delivery and non response

1 PA, United States Review updated:

I ordered from them in August and received no communication re. the delay of ordered goods. I then pre-ordered
some jeans. I never received any communication when they came in stock and were over sold. They have had $500.00+ of my money since August. I subsequently cancelled my orders and it is now 3 weeks and I have received no credit and no one will respond to my emails or my calls. This is the worst company I have ever dealt with online.

Comments

Pa
  24th of Nov, 2008

i've had problems getting my credit back as well...it's been a month since i cancelled a pre order and no word on my credit yet, despite multiple phone conversations and promises. i'd rather spend my time and money with shopbop and revolveclothing

Je
  21st of Dec, 2009

Anyone who says ChickDownTown.com is anything other than a fraudulent company has not attempted to return an order, IS an employee or RELATED to an employee. I received an email regarding my return that states that they are sorry but I will have to go through my credit card company to receive a refund. In this day and age who does this? What respectable company sends an email like this:

“From: Customer Service
Subject: Re: Purchased Item Return Issue Order Number 112309-12
To: "Jennifer Hart"
Date: Monday, December 21, 2009, 12:48 PM

Thank you for contacting chickdowntown.com. We appreciate your patience as the website is now under new management. I realize this may be frustrating for you as our customer. If you have emailed inquiring about a return or a refund I am sorry to say that you will be forced to take this up with your credit card company and file a dispute. This is not something that I wish to inform you of however at this time it is out of my hands. I will personally assist you as best I can and welcome you to email me directly. Please be patient with me during this transitioning period.

Sincerely,
Nat@chickdowntown.com”

No one can dispute the error of this type of action and should be sued!!! If a person purchase a business they take on all past, present and future transaction liability.

Je
  21st of Dec, 2009

Wow... Just found out ChickDownTown.com is out of buisness...

Looks like we will all be waiting a long time for our refund! So disappointing. The website is gone too.