ChickDownTown.com / NO COMPLAINTS!!!!

1 FL, United States Review updated:

This is NOT a complaint! I feel that it is only fair to respond to all of the previous complaints list here. I have now ordered AND received ALL of my items. I had order a pair of Prada boots a few months back before I had read all the "complaints" about CDT. Fortunately that transaction was flawless. I received the boots within a week of placing the order and was very happy when they arrived! It was then (after I had placed and received that order) that I started to read/see all the awful reviews about this shopping site. I felt very fortunate that my transaction had gone through as promised. I began to communicate with CDT (I unlike others received an immediate reply to ALL of my questions and concerns from the owner). I then found the most perfect pair of Dior shoes on CDT's site and wanted so much to purchase them but again I was hesitant. (BTW, I saw the EXACT same shoes on another site for twice as much). I started out by purchasing an inexpensive (adorable) tee shirt and it arrived with NO issues. After receiving the tee I decided to roll the dice and buy the shoes (substantially more expensive). I am very happy to report that I just received them, I completely LOVE them and I am SO happy! CDT did everything that they promised and I can assure you that I will be buying from this company again!

Comments

• Lo
      12th of Feb, 2009
    ChickDownTown.com - Refund Not Given for Out of Stock Item
    Chickdowntown.com
    Pittsburgh
    Pennsylvania
    chickdowntown.com

Do not buy anthing from this company's website - I paid up front for a dress. They called me and told me they didn't have my size and offered me a refund. That was on 12/31/08 - I still haven't got my money back. They do not return calls and have NO customer service department.

• Je
      21st of Dec, 2009

Anyone who says ChickDownTown.com is anything other than a fraudulent company has not attempted to return an order, IS an employee or RELATED to an employee. I received an email regarding my return that states that they are sorry but I will have to go through my credit card company to receive a refund. In this day and age who does this? What respectable company sends an email like this:

“From: Customer Service
    Subject: Re: Purchased Item Return Issue Order Number 112309-12
    To: "Jennifer Hart"
    Date: Monday, December 21, 2009, 12:48 PM

Thank you for contacting chickdowntown.com. We appreciate your patience as the website is now under new management. I realize this may be frustrating for you as our customer. If you have emailed inquiring about a return or a refund I am sorry to say that you will be forced to take this up with your credit card company and file a dispute. This is not something that I wish to inform you of however at this time it is out of my hands. I will personally assist you as best I can and welcome you to email me directly. Please be patient with me during this transitioning period.

Sincerely,
    Nat@chickdowntown.com”

No one can dispute the error of this type of action and should be sued!!! If a person purchase a business they take on all past, present and future transaction liability.

• Je
      21st of Dec, 2009

Wow... Just found out ChickDownTown.com is out of buisness...

Looks like we will all be waiting a long time for our refund! So disappointing. The website is gone too.