ChickDownTown.com / WILL NEVER GET YOUR MONEY BACK!!

United States Review updated:
Over the past 6 months Ive placed 3 orders with chickdowntown dot come and 3 strikes they are OUT!!! I returned the items in two of the orders and have YET to get my money back. I have called their customer service COUNTLESS times and have gotten the same answer...that I will receive the refund in 24 hours and I never do. Ive been waiting for 4 months and thus far the company still owes me $650. I have serious doubts of the credability of this company. They are constantly having sales, perhaps they are going bankrupt and cant afford to reimburse customers...something fishy is going on. DO NOT SHOP AT CHICKDOWNTOWN!!!
Lu

Comments

Pa
  24th of Nov, 2008
perhaps this needs more circulating:
from chickdowntownarecrooks.blogspot.com

CHICK DOWNTOWN looks to be the up and coming site to beat. WELL LOOKS ARE DECEIVING IN THIS CASE!!

The ownership or maybe the management feels being over demanding of vendors is acceptable. While completely having no regard for sales rules, feeling or needs of others. First off take time to search CHICK DOWNTOWN or chickdowntown.com on the web. Complaints from customers and vendors are numerous. You will find; Refunds by CHICK DOWNTOWN never being made and customer calls being ignored. Vendors like the company I work with receiving bad checks or payment far past-due. This is no way to operate a business. People and other companies need their money to. CHICK DOWNTOWN needs to realize that they are not special or above rules. MONEY TALKS!!! Bad Money talks louder!!! So before you buy from them make sure you use a credit card the refunds you returns. You will be paying interest on items before you get, if you get your money back for returns at CHICK DOWNTOWN.

The good news for customers is from the buzz in NY, CHICK DOWNTOWN will be having a going out of business sale real soon.

For vendors this means get your money now.

--interesting...they seem to have no appreciation for either end...customers or suppliers.
Ka
  4th of Dec, 2008
I've had only great experiences with chickdowntown.com. They've got an amazing selection and great prices. Plus, you can't beat free shipping! And I agree with Samantha--it would be the fault of the manufacturer if a product wasn't made well, not Chick. I can't wait for chickdowntownTV.com to launch--seeing designer labels actually modeled on video before making a purchase will make shopping with Chick easier and much more fun!
Lu
  21st of Dec, 2008
the above poster works at chickdowntown. it's a shame they come on here to make fake posts in an effort to damage control their bad reviews instead of actually working to satisfy their customers so the reviews wouldn't exist in the first place!
Mi
  26th of Dec, 2008
Lucy, How do you know that chickdowntown is going Bankrupt? I have been trying for days to cancel an order since i placed it. and i have yet to get a holdof the company via phone or response.
Aj
  31st of Dec, 2008
I had to file a charge-back w/ my credit company in order to get my refund from a canceled order. If you have yet to receive a refund or are unable to contact them to cancel your order, file a chargeback or contact your bank to dispute the charge if you used a debit/check card. Do not continue to bother w/ emails & calls as you will just get the run-around.

SERIOUSLY folks, steer clear of Chickdowntown! They don't always post that an item is on back order, they charge you before the back ordered product is in their hands(no other store I know of does that); their customer service line is an answering machine (again, never experienced that w/ any other store), and getting a response via email is a crap shoot. When you do get a response, they tell you what you want to hear and never follow through...don't waste your time! Check out RevolveClothing or Shopbop for the very same selection of brand names; the shipping is free both ways & fast; returns and order cancellations ARE HASSLE-FREE and refunds are always issued promptly. Not to mention the stellar CS.

P.S.--Since October, Chickdowntown has had numerous 40-55% off everything sales. As mentioned above, this is often a tell-tale sign of bankruptcy/going out of business. Yet another reason to be wary. If it looks too good to be true, it often is.
Jm
  2nd of Jan, 2009
i have been dealing with chickdowntown since october, trying to get my monet refunded for a "backordered" item. i am disputing the charges. to reach them on the phone is impossible. i finally reached someone. the same girl that supposedly did my refund in early november, now she tells me the credit department needs to handle my refund.
reading all of these complaints, is there nowhere to report this??? they do so much advertising, ie LUCKY, in style, and now chickdowntown TV??? it doesnt sound like they are going to go out of business. though i hope they do. basically, they are stealing money from people.
any suggestions out there for better consequences for this terrible business?
Am
  13th of Mar, 2009
Dear All,

As the owner of chickdowntown.com, I am extremely saddened by everything I have read. Over the last year, we have expanded extremely fast—from a small boutique in Pittsburgh, to an online retailer that gets over 6 million monthly page views—and it is upsetting to see how many people have been affected by our growing pains. Rapid increases in traffic, internal hiring mistakes, as well as supply issues have only escalated the problem.

I am, however, committed to making things right.

Over the last few weeks, I began personally implementing a series of steps to improve chickdowntown.com’s customer service. Part of this includes new inventory management systems and personal customer service representatives for each shopper. Most importantly, I am committed to ensuring that any outstanding customer complaints are properly resolved and hope that you will contact me directly with your concerns at amy@chickdowntown.com.

Although I have always been grateful for every single order, I now realize that this appreciation was not properly translated into our customer service. It is my intention to see that the same personal effort I take to hand-select each item and style each shoot also goes into taking care of the needs of our customers. I truly hope that you will give me that opportunity.

Amy
Di
  19th of Mar, 2009
I`m agree that Chickdowntown.com is a very bad online shopping place and in service.and they never anwer me about my order, I mailed them 2 times, cause i never heard og got any comfirmation that they have send out my order. After 3 weeks they finally send me a mail, and said that they need a copy of my credit card??? Why? they already withdraw it from my bank account! The service is not good and they dont want to give back my money .and they never send the package out to me. and they took my money.Not a serious place to shop!!!
Ma
  20th of Sep, 2009
Wow, agreed. I had probably the worst retail experience ever from Chickdowntown. People should know that if you use a discount code on your order, you cannot return it. I ordered boots and tried to exchange them for a different size. They were out of the other size and would not give me a refund. And it took weeks of phone calls and emails, which eventually received rude and surly replies, to get them to respond to anything. I will never buy anything from them again.
Th
  23rd of Feb, 2010
This store is the absolute worst! They will charge your credit card and will not send you any merchandise. There is no phone number posted on their website, and they do not respond to emails. From what I can tell, they have actually gone out of business because I noticed that several companies are sueing them for non-payment, yet somehow they still have their website up and are still taking people's credit card info and charging the cards for orders they have no intention of fulfilling. This appears to have been going on for at least several months now, so I have no idea why somebody hasn't stepped in by now to stop these horrible people! FYI, the store is owned by Amy Reed and her husband Ira Gorman.
Mi
  25th of Feb, 2010
THE COMPANY TOOK THEIR PHONE # OFF OF THEIR WEBSITE. THEY TOOK MY MONEY AND WILL NOT RETURN MY EMAILS OR PHONE CALLS. THEY TOLD ME THE SANDALS I ORDERED WERE ON BACKORDER AND NOW MY CREDIT CARD TOLD ME IT'S TO LATE TO FILE A COMPLAINT. I'M SURE THE COMPANY KNOWS THIS AND THATS WHY THEY CHARGE THE CARD FIRST, I'M JUST GLAD I'M ONLY OUT $66.00. I'VE HEARD MUCH WORSE STORIES. HORRIBLE COMPANY. THEY DON'T WANT TO HELP ANYONE. IF SO THEY WOULD POST A # SOMEWHERE. WHAT KIND OF COMPANY DOESNT HAVE A PHONE # ANYWHERE?????