ChickDownTown / Awful customer service

Awful customer experience with chickdowntown.com. I have made an order with that web site and one item which was 94 USD bracelet was not included in the package when it arrived. The Fedex package was safe with no damages, and the bracelet was not mentioned on the commercial invoice attached to the box. The bracelet was listed in the packing slip document inside the package though. I have contacted them 2 times via email and 2 times via the web site but it's been 5 days and they never answered however for each time I contacted them via the web site I received auto reply where they promised to answer my inquiry within 24 hours but it never happened.

Va

Comments

• Ki
      20th of Oct, 2008

This has also happened to me. I ordered a dress and was told that I would receive a refund because it was out of stock. That was in August. It's October and they still have not refunded my money.

I have called and emailed several times with no response. Their customer service is awful and their business practices scream SCAM.

• Ka
      21st of Oct, 2008

They're horrible. I ordered 2 dresses totalling $550. I received the order, with 2 dresses listed on the packing slip but only 1 dress. I called them to find out where the other dress is, first they sais "Huh?"' then they "checked" into it and claimed it was backordered and would ship out in 2 weeks. 1 month later no answer. Oh and when I asked for email confirmation that they would be sending me the item, since the packing and order records show it as being shipped, they said they'd "try." To date, no email, no dress, yet they had no problem charging my card a month ago. I've never had any problems with shopbop.com or revolveclothing.com.

28th of Oct, 2008

I have experienced the same awful customer service at chickdowntown.com as well.

My return was received on Sep 26 and as of today Oct 28, a month later, i still haven't get my refund back. I emailed them twice and also left vocie message, but no one ever reply my email or voice message.

I have to call my credit card company to file a dispute for the charge of $723 something. At the same time, i am planning to file a BBB complain because it is just so ridiculous.

There is no way chickdown can compete with shopbop.com or revolvechlothing.com, both of them has excellent customer service.

• Je
      28th of Oct, 2008

Chickdowntown. com owes me $239 for a skirt I returned. I called the customer service desk, talked to a rep, sent back the skirt with a return confirmation number, 14 days later noticed there was no refund, called again and the rep tells me she doesn't understand why I haven't been refunded the money and that she would call me back. That was 10 days ago. No return call. Everytime I've attempted to call since the customer service number has been busy. I wil NEVER shop at chickdowntown.com again. We're not talking $25 here (which would be bad enough) $239 is a lot of money. And I don't even have a skirt to show for it.

jenn mapp
    cibuinternational.com

• Je
      28th of Oct, 2008

okay -- check this. I just called again and there was no answer on the "returns" line or the "customer service" line. but low and behold! they answered when I selected "place an order" So -- if you're having a problem getting through to chickdowntown regarding $ they owe you, trying pretending like you want to buy something. it's the same girl who answered this line that i spoke to before. Ill let you know how this turns out.

• Li
      5th of Nov, 2008

i've shopped with chickdowntown quite a few times and never had a problem with them...i made a return a few weeks ago and called a week ago to just check the status of the refund. the woman i spoke with was very nice and told me it was processing and would be done by the end of the week. lo and behold, i got an email on friday letting me know that a credit had been completed.

6th of Nov, 2008

while Sandi, it looks like you do support the chickdowntown, please let us know how did you get connected with the customer service lady.

• Ni
      6th of Nov, 2008

i buy my apparel off Shopyop
    go to http://www.shopyop.com
    and OMG there they are for ANY occasion.

• Ji
      11th of Nov, 2008

I bought two items from Chickdowntown in mid-August which cost me over $600. The items were on backorder, but I didn't know this until I called customer service one week later to find out what happened since I hadn't received anything yet (the order confirmation email tells you orders are usually shipped the same day you place the order). You'd think they would put "backorder" on the website or send an email about the backorder. So they told me it would ship that week. It didn't. The next week I called again and once again they told me it would ship "soon". It didn't.

The order was finally shipped out in two separate Fed-Ex shipments - one the first week of September, the other the 2nd week of September. I returned them almost immediately after receiving them. That was end of September. I emailed them regarding my return. I've tried calling the returns department and either no one ever picks up, or you get a busy signal, or you can leave a message. I left one, but of course no one ever called me back.

I agree with the other people posting comments that shopbop.com and revolveclothing.com have excellent customer service and easy returns. Buyer beware - do not buy from chickdowntown.com. The hassle is just not worth it, and you could be out $600 like me.

• Ci
      13th of Nov, 2008

This company was recommended by Marie Claire magazine for a pair of jeans which I ordered for $158 on Oct 24. I received an order confirmation email on Oct 25; the same day I received an email stating they took the money out of my account since I used my debit card. As of Nov. 10th, I did not receive the merchandise. I sent an email to their customer service dept - no response. On Nov. 11th I left a voice mail on their cust svc line, since when I called the message said to leave a message for a return call. On Nov 12th after still not hearing from then, I left another voicemail. Today is Nov 13th and I still haven't heard from them. I'm disputing the charge with my bank.

This is the WORST company and I highly discourage anyone from ordering from them.

• Su
      13th of Nov, 2008

I'm so frustrated with this store!! I placed an order for a $225 shirt in early September. They charged my credit card account right away, but I never received anything. I called they after few weeks and asked as to the status. They told me that they had just received a shipment and that the shirt would be shipped out to be within a few days. Weeks go by and NOTHING!! So I emailed them again and they tell me that I have to wait a few more weeks!! (Mind you, they already charged me for this non-existent shirt months ago!!) I asked them to cancel this order and just refund my money. They told me that it would take 10 business days and that I would receive an email confirmation. Well, it's been more than 10 business days, and nothing!! I emailed them twice following up and called them (I got their voicemail - surprise!!).

I'm planning on filing a complaint with the Better Business Bureau if chickdowntown does not respond soon.

p.s. i've dealth with many onlines shopping sites (shopbop.com, revolveclothing.com and activeendeavors.com, etc.) and this is by far the worst experience i've ever had!

• Pa
      23rd of Nov, 2008

i have ordered from chickdowntown three times over the last 4 months and have been very happy with chickdowntown and i will continue to shop there

• Fr
      23rd of Nov, 2008

I have shopped with www.chickdowntown.com a million times and i have never had the experience you people talk about! They are a great online boutique and are doing an amazing job! Their clothes are amazing, their customer service is great! If your not happy with them, Then don't order from them anymore! Stop being pussys and writing bad reviews about them just because you had one bad experience! They are always great with me and i have spent atleat 6-8000$ with them in the last year! And i will continue to order with them! Returning customers that arn't ### get treated very well! Try spending more than $200 on something!

• Ra

Frenchie,

It is not common that happy customers come to this board and say something good about a store. The way you write you message is so MEAN. You must get paid to write something good about a crooking company like Chickdowntown.

People have bad experience have the write to share their opinion. You don't have the right to let them shut up. And a cheating company should return the money to the customer they cheated.

From April to Sep 2008, I placed 23 orders with Chickdowntown and only did one return because of size issue. And after two months, they never returned my money total over $700. They have processed my order long time ago as the merchandise I returned were already sold out. Why they still hold my money?

25th of Nov, 2008

This is the first time i have actually posted a comment...and thank god i came across this site when i was searchig online for the store number since i have been calling for the last 3 days and nobody answered. I really thought this store is no longer in business!!! But now that i have read all of your comments, this is actually just their strategy to deter customers from returning, exchanging or getting their refunds back! Now i have decided that I won't even bother emailing them to cancel my order because i would rather have a dress that I no longer want than to have nothing at all since i wont get the refund anyways. i am definitely filing a complaint to BBB! This is perhaps the worst company that i have come across and please don't fall into their trap (they are having a mega sale right now) because you may not even receive the item that you order. I have a feeling they may close down the site or store soon since they are obviously crooks!
    And yes, I have been a revolveclothing customer for years and their service is beyond excellent! They always reply within 24 hours and their service is immpecable! Revolveclothing is THE BEST!

p.s. Frenchie you must work for chickdowntown.

Dear Frenchie,

Btw saw your comments on storeadore.com

You most definitely work for chickdowntown...LOSER!

25th of Nov, 2008

I have been an on-line shopper for years and have never had a problem, until
    Chickdowntown. It is illegal for them to advertise merchandise, and charge you for it when they do not have ANY of the merchandise in stock. Several of my friends and I have filed claims with the BBB and Interstate Commerce, hopefully their site will be shut down soon, I was able to get my money back 2 months after they promised a refund, but it was very, very difficult. Save yourself much disappoint and possible money and avoid this website. They are the absolute worst!

hey frenchie,

its me again. i saw your comments at popwatchblog /ew.com

for god's sake change your name to make it less obvious. Now i know why chickdowntown never picks up the phone...cuz you're busy defending your stupid company that's why

• Su
      26th of Nov, 2008

chickdowntown is an awful awful company. they do not answer their phones for days at a time. i placed an order that never arrived. i called to ask where it was and they said it was on "back order." this was never stated on their website or email confirmation so "Kristin" said that i would get a return twice. since the second call, no one has answered their phone (866-452-4452). i filed a complaint with the BBB.

• La
      2nd of Dec, 2008

I filed a complaint with the BBB today after three months of chickdowntown either ignoring me completely or making promises to credit my account in 7-10 days. I am sick of it and will do everything in my power to ensure this doesn't happen to someone I know or some complete stranger ever again. Don't order from this website!!! there are plenty of other sites full of designer clothes for a better price and less headache.