chicagos house of brews / owed wages

1 Oak Forest, IL, United States Review updated:

on 3-7-2009 i was let go from my job for asking for back pay. this place has a defective fire sprinkler system not up to code. no working dishwasher all dishes are washed by hand without sanitzer. they pay out on gambling slots, buy alcahol from local stores to hide income. this place should be called house of crooks.

Dh

Comments

19th of Mar, 2009

The person who made this complaint is a thief and a liar. He was never fired he quit after he was questioned about his time card and things missing. The other employees complained often about his attitude and doing things in the building you should not do. Its a shame when you work hard and try to open a business and hire good people, however one always slips through. The kitchen is one of the cleanest on the street and the food is great, I question anyone to stop in and prove me wrong. And as for dan the person who took your place is very happy and works hard. I hope your next job is a better experience then this one for your employer.. They are going to need it.

• Dh
      25th of Mar, 2009

Any outfit that has a problem paying help will show up in the turn over of there staff.And beleve me you'r patrons will take note.

• Si
      27th of Mar, 2009

This "dhunter" is a real loser. I happen to run across these comments on several sites while I was looking for a House of Brews website (which by the way, they should get one). "dhunter" needs to spend more time looking for a job and not waste his time blogging on the internet about some skeezer job he lost. Working at a bar is for loser's unless you own the place!!! Quit whining about it!!!

3rd of Apr, 2009

Mr. Dhunter,

Your complaint is only one I can find, if the place was so horrible, there would be many more. Haven't heard any patron complaints so me and my wife are going to check it out tonight. The only reason I found the complaint is because I was looking for the website.

Dear House of Brews,

Get a website! A website is the cheapest investment you can make to promote your venue, the talent you hope to draw to play there and the patrons who will eat and drink there.

We want to come but have no clue when you open, your menu, what type of entertainment/music or who is playing, etc. - help a patron out!

• Ir
      30th of Sep, 2009

I as well found this complaint looking for the website and I can't help but to dismiss a disgruntle employee's complaint... however the comment on this page that bothered me the most was said by "Sick of dhunter's whining"... "working at a bar is for losers unless you own the place"... ??? This is obviously coming from a person who has NEVER worked in a service position and is oblivious the serious money that is made. Your an IDIOT! I've been working in bars and restaurants for over 10 years now, I myself or any good friend in the industry are FAR FROM LOSERS. I am a college graduate and make 70K+ a year behind a bar... not even using my degree. You are the common ### who often makes this mistake and thinks that people serving your dinner are beneath you, while they actually make MORE money than you!!!