Chicago Tribune / subscription service is very scammy
An elderly relative purchased a subscription to the chicago tribune. The bills would list a "pay through" date. When the subsequent bill was received, the beginning date would be before the "pay through" date, e.G., she would pay through august 1, but the next bill would cover july 15 through september 30.
When she wrote to cancel, the service representative would send a response e-mail that said they were sorry to see her go, but that they would continue service until they heard from her again.
She wrote to cancel three times and had paid all the bills. The newspapers continued to come.
Two months later, she received a bill for $7.00. Go figure. Also the tribune sent collections after her.
Worse yet, her dead sister (at a different address) used to have a tribune account years ago. The dead sister suddenly began receiving bills for a non-existent paper delivery. I'm pretty sure she's not going to pay. Also, there is no tribune in heaven. Only in h*ll.
More Chicago Tribune Complaints & Reviews
- Chicago Tribune Local Values Flyer - stop delivery - I do not want it 
- Chicago Tribune - delivery problem 
- Chicago Tribune - newspaper delivery 
- Chicago Tribune - delivery/customer service 
- Chicago Tribune - tv guide switch 
- Chicago Tribune - missing part or parts of paper
- Chicago Tribune - paper not delivered or very late in day
- Chicago Tribune - delivery
- Chicago Tribune - coverage of college football in the sunday morning tribune
- Chicago Tribune - naperville sun subscription