Chicago Tribune Local Values Flyer / stop delivery - I do not want it

1 Chicago, IL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 800-998-2339

I have contacted both the telephone number and website that appears in the Chicago Tribune Local values flyer numerous times requesting to have my address removed from their distribution lists. They continue to delivery the stupid flyer in a plastic bag in my driveway. They used to put it the mailbox but stopped doing that for some reason. I DO NOT WANT YOUR GARBAGE FLYER!!! My address not provided on this complaint due to privacy issues.

Ff

Comments

• Be
      23rd of Feb, 2011

I've been trying to stop them from sending me the same mail for months now! I have emailed them dozens of times and I've also have been calling them and trying to leave messages in their designated voice mail box...which has been full for months as well! This is beyond ridiculous as they are creating so much waste!

1st of Jun, 2011

Good morning. Please contact the Chicago Tribune Client Services dept, and we will be able to ensure delivery of Local Values is stopped to you. We can be reached on Facebook at http://on.fb.me/eQT0zN or Twitter at http://twitter.com/chitribcs.

Autumn

• Sh
      23rd of Jun, 2012

I have contacted the telephone number that appears in the Chicago Tribune Local values flyer numerous times requesting to have my Local Values delivered. They used to put it the mailbox but stopped doing that for some reason. I received it once, delivered on steps in a plastic bag, which is fine, but now I haven't received it. When I call and push #4 for Red Plum, I get transferred to the same person I spoke to before and is of no help. How can she have someone contact me if she doesn't take my phone number, then proceeds to tell me that I well received it by end of day, the next call I was told it would be next week. This is not acceptable practice, at least with the mail we got it on Tuesday or Wednesday at the latest, now we don't get it, but do get attitude instead. I would like to get the paper delivered, but tried it a few times and the service used in Cicero is not dependable nor cooperative (They also delivered the sun-times, don't know if they still do), but delivery was promised to arrive before 6 am and never was. In any event, my address is 3535 S 55th Ave., Cicero, IL 60804, my phone number is 708-656-3534, and my name is Sharon

• Sh
      23rd of Jun, 2012

I DO NOT WANT TO STOP - I DO WANT TO RECEIVE THE LOCAL VALUES AD. I NEVER SAID TO STOP. RE-READ THE MESSAGE!

24th of Jun, 2012

Sharon - My name is Autumn Smith, and I am the Social Media Specialist at the Chicago Tribune. I have notified the delivery agent for your area that you have not been receiving delivery of the Local Values. He will make sure delivery is made here in the future. If you continue to miss this publication, please email me at [protected]@Tribune.com.

• Al
      10th of Jul, 2012

HELLO MY NAME IS ALMA RAMIREZ AND I HAVEN'T RECIVED THE LOCAL VALUES FOR 2 WEEKS MY NEIGHBORS GOT THEM BUT IM THE ONLY ONE WHO DON'T GET IT PLEASE I WANT THEM.THAT'S HOW I COMPARE PRICES. I LIVE IN HICKORY HILLS SO I YOU COULD LET ME KNOW WHY THEY'RE DOING . THANK YOU AND HAVE A NICE DAY

• Br
      27th of Aug, 2012

I got the local values paper twice, and haven't recieved any more since June, I got tired of calling and requesting for them be delivered, I just figured they did'nt care, . I'm asking one more time can I please get them delivered!

• Mi
      13th of Nov, 2012

I have spent hours and hours trying to stop redplum mailings. I have called 800-874-2863, i have gone to this website to have myself removed from redplum mailings http://www.redplum.com/mailing-addremove.aspx, i have emailed [protected]@tribune.com. I have even gone to the post office and asked them to stop stuffing redplum, but they said theyre under contract and can't do anything. I have such a small box and if I go on vacation it becomes so full wih junk mail, the mailman leave me a note that I must go to post office to pick up my mail. Please let me know how I can definitely stop red plum (it is addressed to Postal Customer perhaps this is why I can't stop it)??

• Pa
      19th of Jun, 2013

I have to call all the time to ask for the paper to day I called and told it did not come yesterday was told I would get it in 40 min well it s been 4hr and no paper what is wrong cant believe you have no delivery people who cares about getting the paper to the customer and why do the customer service people lie just to get you off the phone I feel like a got a smack in the face. Terrible service. Hope you don't do this to a lot of people will write on face book and see how many hits I get. Mary Watson 847) 583-1202

• Ha
      30th of Sep, 2013
    Chicago Tribune - cheating buyers out of coupons from sunday papers
    chicago tribune companies
    tribune tower
    Chicago
    Illinois
    chicagotribune.com

many people buy the sunday paper for the coupon sections. The tribune has started to not include these sections in Sunday papers in some areas but they don't give any notice to the buyer that these sections are not included. Some of the newspaper stands have cardboard displays advertising the extra savings from the coupon sections but they don't state that the coupons are not there. Their response is that if I want to be sure to get coupons I need to subscripe to home delivery. I had that service but after they failed to deliver the sunday paper twice in one month I stopped it.

• La
      19th of Dec, 2013

So according to the Tribune some zip codes just stopped getting the local flyers. Hogwash, my neighbors get them weekly. I see my mailman with my neighbors mail deliverying them every week. How can one person in the whole zip code stop getting flyers. Something is up and fishy with this scenario with the Tribune. I understand there are people that do not want them but some of us use those to compare prices and for them to just stop mailing them is unacceptable. I want my Flyers back ASAP !!!

• Su
      23rd of May, 2014

I have been TRYING to get my Red Plum flyers for weeks now! In the past 5 weeks, I've received them ONCE! I've called a "special" number that I was given but that hasn't helped. It seems that my carrier doesn't like to deliver the flyers to the North side of Pratt Ave. in Lincolnwood, Illinois! He'll (or She'll) deliver the flyers to the South Side of Pratt Ave. in Lincolnwood, but not the North side! Don't know why! It's not just me, it's my whole block or maybe even more, I just care about my block. Why can't I get my flyers?????

30th of May, 2014

I received the flyer this week (5-29) and the title page was entirely in Spanish.
    This is not a Spanish area and all advertisements should be in ENGLISH.

• Pj
      6th of Dec, 2014

I'M BEYOND FRUSTRATED AT THIS POINT (trying to communicate with your customer service representatives in the Philippines is challenging and difficult at best) !!

I currently receive the food store ads and think it's great, HOWEVER, I no longer receive the ad for one of my favorite stores.

I have always shopped at the Food 4 Less store at 1701 North Larkin in Crest Hill, IL, 60403 (about THREE miles from my home) but stopped getting those ads about a month ago. When I called the store to inquire as to why they stopped, I was told that ads were all distributed based upon zip codes and that I had been receiving the ad based upon the store location at 271 South Bolingbrook Drive in Bolingbrook, IL, 60440 (about TEN miles from my home). The Bolingbrook store closed last month, so I think everyone in zip code 60446 should be eligible to continue to receive the ad for Food 4 Less, as so many of us shop at the store in Crest Hill.

• Re
      22nd of Nov, 2015

Chicago Tribune so happily takes my money and wont deliver my paper 3 weeks in a row I call 10 -15 times for help and still waiting for a manager to call and nothing! They are scamers!

• Be
      11th of May, 2016

what a waste ads fly all over block ! because they cant fit in mail apt. box

22nd of Jun, 2016

Good morning, my name is Autumn Smith, and I am an employee in the Client Services dept at the Chicago Tribune. Please send me your address and phone number, and I can give you a call, in regards to your issue. My email address is [protected]@Tribune.com.

• Co
      22nd of Jun, 2016
    Chicago Tribune Sunday Paper - unauthorized charges
    Chicago Tribune
    Illinois
    chicagotribune.com

I once subscribed for a 3 month trial subscription a few years ago and even though I called to cancel it after the period ran out and the Sunday paper did stop coming, they have been charging me ever since! I think they charged me close to $200 and despite about 7 phone calls, multiple promises to return my calls and about two hours of my wasted time - I still have not heard back from their biling department!!! I'm not giving up til I get my money back~! This is ridiculous.

• Da
      27th of Jul, 2016

My amiable dispute with the Tribune over Red Plum/Local Values, an advertising throwaway I do not welcome and do not read but still do not know how to stop.
    "My neighborhood gets flooded with these damn papers every week. It's ridiculous, but I need to get someones attention to stop the distribution of this thing to people who don't want it."
    Each call made, each email forwarded to stop delivery, please call 1-800-TRIBUNE or email [protected]@tribune.com." That's exactly what I have done.
    I called that number. I have been calling the number & emailing my complaint since JANUARY 1, 2016; I am still receiving it on consecutive Wednesdays, It turned out I was calling a Tribune call center just outside Baguio, a city of 300, 000 nestled high in the hills of northern Luzon, in the Philippines. I spoke cordially to the Tribune's phone representatives. I told them all of them my simple need—which was for Red Plum/Local Values to go away.
    They all said they'd take care of it.
    It still is appearing on my doorstep every Wednesday.
    Perhaps SOMEONE can stop these intrusive papers appearing on my doorstep every Wednesday morning or do I have to contact legal counsel?

• Tg
      9th of May, 2017

I live at 6215 N Lowell Ave. I have been talking to the neighborhood stores and they tell me I should still be receiving the neighborhood flyers weekly as they pay for that service. I have not received any sale flyers in months and also I was told it makes no difference if I receive the Tribune or not I should still receive the sale flyers. Being a senior I do like to know the sales so I can go directly to the store of my choice. I would appreciate your response. All of my friends that live around here still receive the sale flyers

I will appreciate your response,