Chicago Moving Systems / Fraud and scam

1 5001 Church St. Skokie, IL, United States Review updated:

I solicited bids to move some furniture in December and ended up with what looked like a legitimate bid from Gary Kellor from Chicago Moving Systems. I wanted replacement insurance n the contents of my move and on the Chicago Moving Systems website suggested movinginsurance.com. Things went downhill from there.

I had given a $200 deposit to Chicago Moving Systems on the condition that I could by supplemental insurance. movinginsurance.com would not insure a move by Chicago Moving Systems because of a 'lack of information' on Chicago Moving Systems. I called Gary Kellor and canceled the move and he assured me I would get a refund on my $200 deposit and would process it right away.

A month later no refund. After a big run around I eventually spoke to Drov the owner and he informed me that I would not get a refund and then it got interesting. He said don't bother to apply for a refund from the credit card company because 'I do this many many time and nobody get money back' These are apparently 'eastern european tough guys'. I suggested that I travel to Chicago often on business and perhaps we could meet and discuss this issue and Drov's response was 'you come to chicago and you have big problem you not going to like'.

My credit card company is processing my refund but these guys are under the radar (who is going to prosecute a $200 credit card fraud)? The INS should deport these guys if they are not here legally and engaged in fraudulent activity. They grabbed the wrong tiger by the tail and I know how to work the legal system to the benifit of law abiding, tax paying legal residents of the USA.

Bo

Comments

He
  11th of Mar, 2009

Contact your credit card company and tell them to put this charge in dispute. The credit card company will then go after Chicago Moving Sytems aka: ASAP Moving Company. Explain to the credit card company that you are filing a report with the States Attorney (see next step). You have not received what you contracted for AND they have kept your money. They can't have both - it is either or.

Next step: Contact your State's Attorney and file a complaint, you can do this on line (very easy!).

Chicago Moving Systems /ASAP Moving Company are already under investigation.

Jw
  18th of Mar, 2009

I also got totally TAKEN by Chicago Moving Systems, however I was taken for 1000.00 dollars. They got half my belongings into the moving van and then SURPRISE! Told me I had reached my "space limit" which was total b.s. They intentionally and by fraudulent means extorted money from me. What was I supposed to do? Half my belongings were in the van. I had to continue. They also charged me 257.00 additional dollars for TWO picture boxes! A table from Paris built in the 1700's was destroyed. I was assured they were insured, but I did not read the fine print that it was insured for .6o cents a pound! Other items were ruined as well. On the receiving end, the legitimate movers in San Francisco (without my asking any leading questions) said that Chicago Moving Systems are terrible. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!

Av
  27th of Mar, 2009

I have seen on another web site that this company is known to charge your credit card in foreign countries. Is the credit card company able to tell you whether this company charged your card in in the United States or if it was charged abroad??? If it was charged in a foreign country that would be a huge red flag that should almost automatically award the cash in your favor.

Ke
  22nd of May, 2009

Hey tiger, why are you posting same complaint using different names?
i think you are the one who is scamming us, lol
good luck.

30th of Jul, 2009

Foreign country??? are you guys are some kind of idioots?

30th of Jul, 2009

I had a great experience. Three men helped me move from a third floor apartment to a second floor apartment. They were incredibly fast and efficient. They really knew what they were doing. I was charged what I was quoted. I will definitely use them again.

Chicago Moving Systems - Great Service
chicago moving systems
Illinois

These guys moved me yesterday and I am so pleased with the service I had to express it. The crew arrived on time, they packed and moved my 1 bedroom in less than 5 hours. They set up all my furniture, put my bed together and even took away some empty cardboard boxes I had sitting around. I am very surprised with some reviews I read here, my experience is nothing but positive. They are the best, I already gave their number to my sister. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK .

Jb
  25th of Oct, 2009

Thank YOu for your post Jwetler. Chicago moving system are like the song goes Gypsys & Thieves. They are Liars, Decievers, Falsifing Money scamming scavengers. Who are trying to hold my 80 year old mothers belongings Hostage in thier Niles Illinois warehouse for more money! Faslifying I am over the estimated of 15oo pounds by over 700 more pounds. Can You beleive it like a whinning crying Big Boy Baby he through a temper tantrum as big as his truck! Your taking advantage of me I can't take all this You have way too many items now Now we have to go back to weight! Get this my items didn't even fill the truck but maybe 1/4 all on top some 2-3 Furniture items on bottom. Sound Familiar. I recently read a complaint here on these chicago movers saying they had filled the truck and over charged this person! I'm Taking Action Against these Guys all the way to the Top! Ya see we're talking about my 80 year old mother here. Now, That Ain't No Joke! I reccommend we all do the same they need to be stopped!

Jb
  25th of Oct, 2009
Chicago Moving Systems - Fraud Theives Hostage Situation
Chicago Moving Systems
7007 N. Austin
Niles
Phone: 866 448 6683
chicagomovingsystems.com

Can You beleive it like a Whinning Crying Big Boy Baby the driver through a temper tantrum as big as his truck! Your taking advantage of me I can't take all this You have way too many items now Now we have to go back to weight! Get this my items didn't even fill the truck but maybe 1/4 all on top some 2-3 Furniture items on bottom. Sound Familiar. I recently read a complaint here on these chicago movers saying they had filled the truck and over charged this person! I'm Taking Action Against these Guys all the way to the Top! Ya see we're talking about my 80 year old mother here. Now, That Ain't No Joke! I reccommend we all do the same they need to be stopped!

Ba
  4th of Apr, 2010

I am having the same problem with these guys I scheduled move with Moving 1 in Fayetteville Georgia who in turn subcontracted Chicago Moving System they failed to pick up everything that I had listed on the Contract/Quote. I was not made aware that they had subcontracted someone else and that there could be additional charges. They left items on the list and agreed to pick them up and deliver after Christmas, was suppose to deliver before and did not. They are claiming more weight and want addtional money. I have filed a complaint with BBB and they have not answer the complaint and now will not answer the phone. I paid them all of the money due. It was a small apartment with bedroom furniture from two children's rooms boxes and tables and chairs. They only delivered boxes, trunks, beds, 3 dressers, 2 tvs and a kitchen table without the chairs.

A Dori (was the name he gave us) agreed they would go back and pick up what they left at on extra charge. After about a week of the pick up my daughter called for me and they said we owed an additional $800 when I call Moving 1 they say I have to deal with Chicago Movers and that I had no contract with them it was only a quote although they used the quote for payment for another move from Tennessee. The movers were rude, showed up late for both moves and did not properly put the beds together that was promised in the contract/quote.

I now am believing the two companies are in this together. I am not getting help from any of the authorities I have contacted and I believe they have done this many times and got a way with it. If you know where to get help please let me know. I have been trying to call them and get a reasonable solution to get my belongings have been trying to call since February 16, 2010 and no answer.

Sh
  2nd of Jun, 2010
Chicago Moving Systems - Didnt receive all my belongings
Chicago Moving Systems
7007 N. Austin
Niles
Phone: 866-448-6683

In preparing for my move from Michigan to Arizona, I shopped around for the best deals. I finally made a decision and went with Chase relocation, who in turn contracted with Chicago movers to relocate my possessions. From the beginning it was a rip off. I was quoted one price, but after the movers got there and had already packed my belongings on the truck I was informed all of my items were "Extra Large" items, although I submitted an inventory list prior to receiving the quote. The ending cost was $2, ooo more than what was quoted to me. Of course I needed my belongings so I went along with it, but little did I know that I wouldn't receive all of my belongings. It has been over 4 months since I submitted "a claim" on my missing items that wasn't delivered and I have been calling practically everyday with NO SUCCESS. Not only did I not receive all of my items, but received things (lamps, table stands) that belonged to someone else. So I know I am not the only one having issues with this company.

Lv
  20th of Jul, 2010

I found the same problem as Jweltler. I was forced into "Chicago Moving Systems" by contracting with "Sunshine State Movers" Tampa Fl. They subcontracted my move and I did not know until the truck showed up. These movers half loaded my stuff into their truck and and then demanded more money. I paid $1300.00 ($320 to reserve the date, and $1000 when they arrived and half way through loading)they wanted more. My original estimate was $1800.00 but now CMS is telling me that I owe $3500 more for a total of $4820. I am about to lose all of our belongings to auction because I cannot make payments. Its all or nothing and they always want it NOW. I did not ask for them as I mentioned but I was forced into their "lair" and the wolves are eating us alive. By the way Sunshine State Movers will not return any calls. Their reason for all the additional money is because we had more then the original estimate. The original estimate was over the phone for a quote and Sunshine State Movers never sent anyone to do the actual estimate. They never told me the financial impact of me doing the estimate of boxes and what impact the "estimate" would have.
They, I believe, trap you and take your belongings hostage because they can make more at auction then they are owed. Since they do not have to pay out anything in expenses - Pure Profit for them. BEWARE OF THESE TWO COMPANIES