Chicago House Of Brews / Owners are crooks

1 Oak Lawn, IL, United States Review updated:

The person who made this complaint is a thief and a liar. He was never fired he quit after he was questioned about his time card and things missing. The other employees complained often about his attitude and doing things in the building you should not do. Its a shame when you work hard and try to open a business and hire good people, however one always slips through. The kitchen is one of the cleanest on the street and the food is great, i question anyone to stop in and prove me wrong. And as for dan the person who took your place is very happy and works hard. I hope your next job is a better experience then this one for your employer. . They are going to need it.

Comments

• So
      15th of Mar, 2009

i know these people they are real ###

• Bb
      17th of Mar, 2009

My wife and I last week had dinner at the Chicago House of Brews last week, And I think after 11 years of marrige, we had the most romantic dinner we've ever had. The owners said they had the cleanest kitchen around, so I called him on it.He had a table set up in his kitchen in 10 minutes, tablecloth, candle, and I must say, food excellent, and the people were awesome.It's amazing to see the amount of work the servers, and chefs go through to make customers have a good experience. 4 stars to C.H.O.B. B. Blaha Palos Park, Il.

• We
      24th of Mar, 2009

Went here last Friday (3/20/09) and it was not a good experience. Very crowded, loud and young. Crappy cover band playing crappily. We went to the bar to ask what was on tap and the reply was "Bud Light green for 1$ and some weird stuff." Too bad the bartender couldn't turn her head to read the taps for us.

We only lasted almost an hour here. The "shot waitress" tried several times to sell us neon green candy shots for $2.00 and wouldn't take "no" for an answer. I finally told her impolitley to buzz off with that crap and that did the trick.

Over all its a loud young club that happens to have a couple good beers. I was hoping for a really good beer selection and an upscale crowd. The beer selection may well be there. Too bad nobody there knows what's on tap.

Pros:
    1 The only place in miles where one *might* get a micro on tap.
    2 If you're young and like crowds, then it's a hit
    3. Good looking waitress and bartenders (no beer knowledge)

Cons:
    See #2 and #3 above. Even good looks get old quick when they have no beer knowledge.

I'll give this place another try on a night when there in NOT a band playing before I give up for good. After that, I'll stick to Flossmoor Station or Rock Bottom in the area and The Map Room downtown.