Chevron Texaco / late fee scheme
Chevron Texaco credit card service have been charging $5.00 for reporting fee for business accounts, which means they send statements by mail.
I complained to them what kind of credit card company charges for the statement, they told me to receive the statements by email, and then they wouldn't charge.
Also they changed the billing cycle by 2 weeks and maximized the late fee revenue recently.
The late fee is on the current balance which includes the new charges. Think of late fee charged on the new charge. It is absurd.
On the top of that, if you pay partial payment, it is not counted as payment in calculating new balance in applying late fee for the next period.
If you have $300.00 due on 8/1, $400.00 due by 8/15, if you miss 8/1 payment, the late fee is based on 400 + 300 = $700.00.
If you make partial payment of $500.00 on 8/16, new charge due on 8/30 is $200.00, and miss the due date 8/30 again, the late fee is based on 300 + 400 + 200 = $900.00. They don't count the payment of 500.00 for ending balance in applying late fee.
By the second time, the percentage they apply to get late fee increases up to 9% since the history shows multiple late fees.
If you talk to customer services, they will keep saying it is the terms and condition, and offer 10 cents per gallon credit instead of waving late fees. Also they will say, we need to pay full amount, otherwise they will consider the customer is not capable of pay the bills.
To get more credit, you just have to buy more chevron gas.
More Chevron Texaco Complaints & Reviews
- The Chevron / Texaco Oil Company - email scam 
- Chevron Nigeria Ltd - job offer 
- Chevron/texaco Online Promo 2009, - winning $ 
- Texaco/chevron - spam 
- Chevron Texaco Ltd - short on - line interview questions from chevron texaco ltd 
- Chevron Station - condition of fuel pumps
- Chevron Corporation - car wash
- Chevron Corporation - unethical behavior
- Chevron Corporation - racist, rude employee
- Chevron Corporation - not refunded for a car wash purchase