Chevron/texacoe-mail scam

On 6/14/09, I received an E-mail from from Steve Collins at [protected]@msn.com stating that I have won $750, 000.00. Today 6/19/09, I received another e-mail, m this time from Mr. Terry Froster - Remittance Director, stating that I won One Million Dellars from the Chevron Oil/Gas due to the two unlimited oil wells just discovered in Africa. Frosters e-mail address is froster.remmitance.[protected]@live.hk. Why can't something be done about this? It is a very cruel thing to do especially to folks who are in financial difficulty like my husband and I. It seems to me, with all the internet nerds out there, someone should be able to find out who is doing this and put a stop to it.

Comments

• Di
      Sep 27, 2008
    chevron/texaco - s-c-a-m
    chevron/texaco
    Columbia
    South Carolina

It claims that I have won a million dollars to alleviate poverty but I have to send all kinds of info that is not pertinate. What difference what my occupation is?

Oct 18, 2008

I received the following e-mail this morning, and don't believe it is ligit.

"You have been choosen by the Chevron/Texaco Board as one of the recipients of this year 2008 Donation.You are to contact mr. jeff cole our Executive Secretary via his email:[protected]@live.com
    Mrs.Deanna Showli."

Please advise.

Thank you.

Oct 23, 2008

Mr. Kenneth Davids, if that is his name, needs to be caught and put a stop to this fruad.

• Mi
      Oct 25, 2008

I got the same email, only I was to reply to a Mr. Taylor at chevrontexaco.[protected]@googlemail.com

Is this a scam?

Nov 12, 2008

I have also recieved this e-mail... still trying to figure out whether Chevron/Texaco really has this grant/donation set-up...

• Sh
      Nov 12, 2008

I just received it too! Pretty sure it's bunk.

• Mi
      Nov 17, 2008

I recieved one also from a mister davids.I'm sure I'm not one of five people recieving one million for nothing.If not let me know, I could really use it.

Jun 19, 2009

So when the sender/spammer is in another country, what are us "nerd types" suppose to do when we know who it is. Should we bomb their moms house since that is where the 17 year old computer jerk is? In a basement sending 100 emails a second. Also us "nerd types" dont have the ability to trace every spam email out there. Putting a stop to spam mail will NEVER happen. The sooner you realize this the sooner you will realize NO ONE wants to send YOU any large amount of money for nothing.

When I go outside to my mailbox, and get a publishers clearing house letter saying i won 750, 000 dollars, should I demand this stop if i do not get the money, cause I feel tricked. Of course not, sense common to have, yes?

PS. goog search mail spam filter, and allow mail from people you know to come to your mail box if it is so upsetting to get Ed Mcman type emails in your inbox.

• Vi
      May 31, 2011
    chevron/texaco - s-c-a-m
    VICTOR ECHAVARRIA
    [protected]@hotmail.com

SCAM!!! SOMEONE IS PUTTING OUT BIG WINNINGS[$750, 000] FROM CHEVRON/TEXACO. THEY ASK FOR NAME, ADDRESS, AGE OCUPATION. OFFERING TO SEND CHEQUE FROM MALAYSA. THEY GIVE TWO OPTIONS TO SEND FOR CERTAIN AMOUNT. NO REAL PROMOTION CHARGES TO SEND WINNINGS. IT CAME FROM CHEVRON/TEXACO, 10BC CHEVRON LAYOUT, LEVEL 3. JALAN DAMALA, BUKIT DAMANSARA. PASTOR WILLIAMS MORRIS, SENIOR DELIVERY OFFICER.