Chevron / overcharge from posted price

United States, California, Buttonwillow Review updated:
Buttonwillow Chevron
On 23 Jan 2009 at 10:08AM I filled my tank at the Buttonwillow Chevron station (transaction 8492). The station clearly posted a price of $2.099 per gallon. When I looked at my receipt a half hour later (30 mikes down the road) I discovered that they had charged me $2.249 per gallon. This is an issue of less than $2.00, but you should be made aware that one of your stations is cheating customers.

I had put this on my Chevron credit card, and foolishly believed that customer service (speaking to Ryan)there could help. Not so. He transferred me to your Service Station Complaint number, where I appeared to wake Vincent from bed: he too was unwilling to help.

I can be reached at whiteler@pacificu.edu [protected]. If I don't get SOME KIND of response to this e-mail, expect zero activity on my card.

Rick Whitewley

A  14th of Sep, 2010 by
I filled up yesterday at YANG'S OIL CORP 200 ALAMITOS, LONG BEACH, CA STN 00308170. The posted price on the sign for plus was 3.199 per gallon, when I got home I noticed the receipt said 3.259.
Not much money, but ripped off by a CHEVRON station. I'm a Chevron credit card holder. Carl

Chevron Corporation Logo Chevron Corporation