Chestnut Overseas, Ltd / Natural Acai Berry / Difficult to cancel future orders

Chestnut Overseas, Ltd
1285 Baring Blvd. #297
Phone: 1-866-376-1465
This product is much too expensive. When I decided to cancel, I had a great deal of difficulty finding the correct phone number to call. The original phone number listed on the printout that I got when ordering the trial size [protected]) was not a working number. After going through the web site several times, I opened the "Terms & Conditions" window and found the working phone number [protected]). I got through to a customer service person and explained that I wanted to cancel future shipments. At that time, the c/s rep offered to reduce the price to $29.95 + shipping charges. What a ripoff. I see that Oprah Winfrey's picture is on the web site. I wonder if she is aware that Chestnut Overseas, Ltd. is using her as an inferred spokesperson?

A  19th of Feb, 2009 by
i want to thank you for placing the correct phone number in your complaint. I called the number and they cancelled all future shipment right away. You were a tremendous help!
A  27th of Feb, 2009 by
This is a BIG SCAM! this came across on a reputable web site. I had canceled this product because it does not work, but this company continued to send me the product and charged my credit card $69.95. I sent the product back and I was informed by this company that they do not honor returns, even though the product was un opened!. I have now had my credit card canceled. This is the worst kind of STEALING I have witnessed yet. These people need to be SHUT DOWN!
A  18th of Mar, 2009 by
This is a big scam! These people will take your money, when they sent me the first FREE sample, there was no information inside the package explaining terms, conditions, nothing to tell you that in the future that they would automatically deduct from your account, not even the amount they would deduct, its a BIG SCAM that should be taken off the internet, poor business practices, and a WARNING to any other persons, product DOES NOT WORK, this is nothing but STEALING and bad business relations, they won't even take UNOPENED package back and reverse charges on your card, its unfair and unjustified, these people need to be turned into the Better Business Bureua, which I just might do, please post your remarks if you had the same difficulty, LETS SHUT THEM DOWN!! today is March 18th 2009, they told me they will send no more orders, or charge my credit card any further, we will see, they have messed with the wrong woman, and I will take other actions if this is not resolved in my account!! it's in writing now