Cheshunt Overseas, Ltd. / Pure Acai Berry weight loss scam

1 CO, United States Review updated:

Ordered Pure Acai Berry as a surprise for my wife, and she was surprised, but not how I'd hoped she'd be. When I called the toll free number: [protected], it was continuously busy. After checking my bank statement, I found another number, which I called: [protected]. It was answered immediately, and since I was within the 10 days specified under the Terms and Conditions listed on the website, I was able to cancel any future transactions. I think the key is to call within the 10 days, and call the 866 number.

Comments

• In
      9th of Jan, 2009

I too had an issue with the phone number. I called to cancel before the 14 days but my credit card was charged anyway. I recieved a cancelation code in addition to the man's name that was on the phone that took my cancelation. When a bottle arrived in the mail I immediately checked my bank statement and was charged again. I called the company again and they had no record of the cancelation. The "claimed" to have canceled my subscription a second time...so we will see in 4 business days if my account is credited.

I am a very detailed oriented indivdual and always record the date, time and persons name of whom I spoke with...the supervisor kept claiming that he never spoke to me although I had the details. Unbelievable...even if you think you cancel...watch it with this company.

12th of Jan, 2009

I am having the same issue. Thank you for posting your comments. I could not reach them by the 800# and have been charged. I am calling the 866 # and my wait time is 43 minutes. They should be investigated for being deceiving.

• Le
      12th of Jan, 2009

Same issue here. I haven't been charged as of yet I'm within the 10 days. Was lucky enough to see a news story about it and I went back to the web site and closely re-read the terms and conditions. I couldn't get through on the number given so the 866-376-4078 was very helpful...thanks! Just fyi, I got the name of the person who "canceled" the order along with a cancellation number and his "employee" number and where he was based. Sounded like someone from India the connection was so bad and the person spoke with a strong accent. He gave a very Americanized name and said he was in Nevada. We'll see. As an added precaution, I canceled my credit card.

13th of Jan, 2009

this is the first time i've ever ordered anything like this online, and now i'm sitting here with a knot in my stomach. i have been charged twice, once on 1/2 and once again on 1/5, for a total of $157.00. i don't know, tho, if i'm within the cancellation period, as i ordered them a while ago. i have both phone numbers and plan on calling all day, if necessary. my only recourse will be to close my checking account and reopen it with a totally new number, as i used my debit card to order. this is the LAST time i ever do something like this!

13th of Jan, 2009

When I received the first shipment, there was no information included with the bottle whatsoever - benefits, uses, how to order additional, how to cancel, or even the no return policy. The number on my credit card statement is a non-working number. Thank God for this website where I found the 866 number. I was assured the next shipment would be cancelled. We will see - the last shipment was 4 days less than a month ago and that shipment was 13 days after the initial shipment. The 866 number was answered promptly and I was given a cancellation number and the customer reps name when I asked. He refused to give a location and wanted to know why I asked. I'm guessing Eastern Asian, also. This company sounds as though it is barely functioning within the law - if it even is. Hopefully more people will check into this website before they get duped, too.

13th of Jan, 2009

i entered a comment this morning, after my initial upsetting discovery with regard to this product. i called several different numbers that i found on this site, with no luck. because i made my purchase thru my debit/check cashing card, i then called my bank with the intention of closing my checking account, which would prevent any more charges being made to my account. my bank gave me a totally different number to call. they explained it was a number required by them in order to honor an on-line debit card transaction. my call was answered promptly by a rep who gave me her name and a cancellation number. i was able to not only cancel my "membership" but was assured i'd be credited $87.13 for a shipment i never received. i could not get a total refund, but consider myself lucky to get what i did. in the meantime, my bank called me back and suggested cancelling my debit/check cashing card for a new one with a different number. this way, if my cancellation with Cheshunt Overseas was BS, they would have no way to access my account, and therefore would not be able to charge me. i will certainly check back onto this site, and am grateful to have found it. BEST OF LUCK to everyone else out there...i hope we all get the satisfaction we deserve!

• De
      13th of Jan, 2009

I am on the phone now cancelling. However after receiving the trial with no paperwork, I became worried . I cancelled my credit card and had a new number issued. Especially after attemtping to call the 1-800# all day, with it constantly remaining busy. However, I was able to get thru and cancele with this number 866-376-4078 after a 5 minute wait and it was a guy was asian named Anthony that handled my call. Thanks to the person on this site for providing!

This company is definitly not kosher and I would not recommend using them. who sends a shipment without any paperwork and a bad number to cancel?

13th of Jan, 2009

I am so thankful for that number. I tried to to call the fictious one last night for three hours, only to receive a busy signal. Has anyone contacted better business bureau about this matter. They have deliberately mislead many people with this number and caused many hardships. We are only a tip of the ice berg of people that are being scammed by this company.

Thanks again for the tip, it was greatly appreciated we also went to the bank and disactivated our debit card so there will be no charges on our account.

• De
      13th of Jan, 2009

Check out this website! http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2008/may/31/tesco.supermarkets

Cheshunt is owned by TEsco PLC who is being charged with Tax avoidance for some overseas scams. That would be us!!

14th of Jan, 2009

Oh my God ..this happened to me too!
    I ordered it on the 6th and then decided to do an internet search cos something like that was being given so easily, so I thought to look up and i saw so many scams about this product are out there, so I immediately called them and cancelled and they gave me a number saying its my cancellation number! An lo and behold! I got the bottle in the mail and I checked my credit card transactions and they have charged it! I was on the line 30 minutes today, on hold ofcourse trying to call them and when I did they said it was not cancelled or somthing of that sort! I specifically asked them today to cancel whatever order they have for me, once again they gave me a cancellation number and said there will be no further packages coming from them and no charges made to my account. Let's see..but as precaution I have cancelled my card and requested for a new one. And yes it was an Indian guy who answered and the connection was so bad, for a minute I thought I was on an overseas call...Reading all these comments made me realise they are doing this for so many of us! and imagine how many of us wil be there without being aware of what these people are doing! Somebody pls better get this people out of this! So many of us are being scammed by this!!!

14th of Jan, 2009

I too have been trying to call their 800 listed # on their bottle and website and it was constantly busy, AND I called everyday several times per day, it very frustrating!!! I finally did a search online and found that they were owned by Cheshunt and got the 866 number. I called this 866 # and did talk to a rep and explained the same problem as many of you have indicated above in your email and asked them to cancel my subscription effective immediately and not to charge my credit card any longer (I was too late and they charged me the first $69.95). I asked the sales rep that I wanted to talk to their manager and told the sales manager (probably also an Indian) and gave him to go to this https://www.complaintsboard.com website to view all the complaints about their "scam business." He responded as if he didn't realize there were complaints about them...unbelievable! Anyway, for my part, I will take some of your advices and will call my bank immediately and cancel my credit card and ask them to send me another one; just to be on the safe side they don't continue to charge me anymore.BUYER BEWARE...UNFORTUNATELY, I WAS TOO LATE!!

I REALLY HOPE SOMEONE WILL INVESTIGATE THEM AND TAKE LEGAL ACTION AGAINST THIS COMPANY SO THEY DON'T CONTINUE TO SCAM ANYMORE ONLINE CONSUMERS!!!

• Zh
      15th of Jan, 2009

Oh my god! I was also victimized by this company. When I placed my free-trial order, I didnt even receive any confirmation/receipt on my email. Other online stores do send a confirmation., I actually received an emails from this company, but those were just blank emails.
    This morning I saw that they charged me 69.95, . I was worried. I didnt know where to contact the company, .. good thing that I havent thrown it., I searched the sender on the web, and i found this page, I read that we all have the same problem. And I think I really should cancel my credit card and ask for another one to stop charges from this company..

can I just ask you guys, Do you think/feel that the product you ordered works? Because I read on other websites that there are lots of scams selling dried acai berries, that dont work.., I started taking it yesterday so i dont know yet if this would work. Well I hope yes! So it would somehow lessen our anger, hatred or whatever..

• Up
      15th of Jan, 2009

My wife fell for this scam also and never was able to talk to anyone. She had the same problems with trying to speak to someone and cancel after the rip off order came in the mail She also found that you were put on hold forever and no one would ever answer the phone. She also had her credit card numbers stolen and someone charged almost a $1000 dollars before it was locked out by the bank because the ### tried to find out how much was left on it.

The charges were in Nevada and guess were she ordered this crap from? Nevada... go fiqure.
    It's a shame they are not closer to were we live. I would pay them a visit and shove these pills where the sun don't shine.

• Zh
      15th of Jan, 2009

hey everyone., i found this website:
    www.scamclub.com
    report on that site about this scam...,

• Su
      16th of Jan, 2009

I have also experienced the same with this company. Please submit a complaint to the Better Business Bureau in Nevada. You can do this on line. Also, make a complaint to the Federal Trade Commission FTC. You can contact them on line ftc.gov, or call 877-382-4537. IT IS VERY IMPORTANT THAT YOU FILE A COMPLAINT or nothing will get done. They will continue to change their name and phone numbers to avoid being caught. We must be smart and aggressive in dealing with them. Make sure you cancel your debit or credit card, and put your telephone number on the www.donotcall.gov list. I would suggest not taking the product as there is no information about the manufacturer. Also, according to the label on the bottle, the actual acai content is less than 10%. If you receive any shipments, do not open them, but send them back with a confirmation of delivery request. It will cost you to get the confirmation, but at least you have proof you sent it back.
    Again, take the time to file the complaints. Don't let them win.

• La
      17th of Jan, 2009

Once again "Buyer Beware". I should have read their terms and conditions more closely, but they are definitely scamming the public when they do not allow contact after the fact. They post a non working phone number and give no other contact info. I will be complain g to the BBB in Nevada, and the FTC, as previously suggested in these comments. Be advised that the BBB at this time rates them at a C- and says their information is not complete.
    Laserman

17th of Jan, 2009

I sure wish I could have read all of this before submitting my "free trial offer". The people are rude and the supervisor began to tell my his problems instead of resolving mine! I have now paid $71.95 for a product I have never recieved! my package was opened and empty. They told me they do not believe me. The supervisor said this is America anything can happen it is not their fault. I guess it is mine to believe there are honest people out there! Wish I could have understood them more.
    Ripped off!

18th of Jan, 2009

this is posted in answer to zhianna, who asked if anyone felt the product worked. it worked for me, only in the fact that it did suppress my appetite without any side effects. of course, the teeny tiny print states you must use the acai pills with a sensible diet plan AND exercise. my thoughts? any diet pill will work with a sensible eating plan and exercise. did i lose weight? no. i lost more weight last year when i had a 24 hour stomach virus and spent more time hugging the toilet than eating. and sue, you're right on the money (no pun intended). i will be notifying the BBB about this company, either online or by phone. while i was able to cancel my "membership" and was assured no future charges will be made to my account, i'm not taking any chances. i check my account daily, and i'm canceling my debit card and will ask for a new one. wachovia bank reps told me, "no valid debit card number, no charges!" and to upyours---please, if you haven't already, notify your credit card company and dispute any charges your wife didn't make. most times there are laws to protect unauthorized charges, and hopefully you'll fall within those guidelines. good luck to all everyone!

• Fs
      18th of Jan, 2009

WOW!  And I thought I was the only one being scammed.  Same thing with the 800# for me.  As soon as I couldn't get through the second day, I knew immediately and called to cancel my card #.  I let them know that I was being scammed.  I don't know if I should even bother calling the good 866#.  I'll only get more angry and probably curse them out.  Not to discriminate or anything but I can't even understand half the things they say (and I'm ASIAN)!  They're reading off of something else and don't even know what's going on!  But good luck to all of you who's still fighting to resolve this.  I finally know now why they say if it's free, it's too good to be true.

• Va
      19th of Jan, 2009

I was dumb founded when I received the first shipment (sample 20 cap.) and there was no information with it. There was no instructions on uses, how to order, how to cancel, and no return policy. The number on my credit card statement is a non-working number. Like others I located the phone# through this website. I called and was given a lot of (broken english) jibber-jabber. I was told that it would be cancelled. I checked my online statement and guess what I was charged and did not even have the product. What can we do.