Cheshunt Overseas LTD / Acai - free trial scam

I, like others who have posted complaints, fell for this scam offering a free trial of Acai for shipping only. They don't tell you up-front that you are sucked into a $70 per month automatic charge AND, they give you only 14 days from the order to cancel. Problem is that the 800 number listed on the Terms and Conditions doesn't work.
I called my credit card company and asked them to stop the payment but was told that I need to watch my statement and when the first $70 hits, call and dispute the charges. This will pend any other charges to my card from this establishment. I was also told to watch my card daily as they may try to add other charges to it. REALLY a big rip off scam.

Ma

Comments

• My
      20th of Jan, 2009
    Cheshunt Overseas LTD - Acai Berry
    Cheshunt Overseas LTD
    California

No packing slip to call with a customer number or order number enclosed. I did not tell them i wanted to renew after the 15 day trial. They sent me another bottle. I'm trying to get in touch with them, but did not find out about the other number until reading the complaints listed here. I will try them in the morning, but without a customer number or packing slip, I have no idea how to get them to cancel me.

• Gh
      26th of Jan, 2009

I fell for their trap also and gut sucked in. Lets file a group complaint. How do we go about it? ghyoly1@gmail.com

• Cy
    Cheshunt Overseas LTD - Did not order and I am being charged for Acai berry
    Cheshunt Overseas LTD
    2306 Huntington Drive
    Lake Orion
    Michigan
    Phone: 248-391-1544

I originally order a sample and the company keeps sending me a 30 day supply and billing me for a product I did not order and do not want.
    Only the sample was ordered. Nothing after the sample order was ordered by me.

They will not answer the phone and will not acknowledge the cancellation of the orders they keep billing and sending to me.

• Cy
      26th of Jan, 2009

I want to be acknowledged

• Ro
      27th of Jan, 2009

I just noticed my bank acct. was charged for acai berry also. I ordered the free trial for shipping chgs and am being billed for a shipment also. I'm ready to notify my attorney general.

• De
      7th of Feb, 2009

FOR ANYONE WHO HAS BEEN RIPPED OFF BY CHESHUNT OVERSEAS, SEND THE PRODUCT BACK AND DISPUTE THE CHARGES ON YOUR CREDIT CARD AS FRAUDULENT!!! THESE PEOPLE NEED TO BE STOPPED. CHECK OUT THEIR REPORT WITH THE BBB. THEY HAVE A RATING OF F. THEIR SHIPPING ADDRESS IN SPARKS, NEVADA IS A P.O. BOX AT MAILBOXES, ETC. THEY ARE ALSO KNOWN AS REAL SOLUTIONS LABS IN TEXAS THEY ARE BEING SUED BY VIRKSON BIOTECH FOR TRADEMARK INFRINGEMENT FOR SELLING THEIR OWN VERSION OF HOODIACUT AT MYHOODIACUT.COM. CHECK OUT THE COMPLAINT I FILED BY DOING A SEARCH ON [redacted].COM. I HAVE POSTED ALL THEIR INFORMATION. THESE PEOPLE ARE CROOKS! EVERYONE NEEDS TO FILE A COMPLAINT WITH THE ATTORNEY GENERAL OFFICE AND CONSUMER COMPLAINT OFFICE IN YOUR STATE, AND WITH THE STATES OF NEVADA, FLORIDA, TEXAS, AND WHEREEVER ELSE THEY ARE HIDING AT.

• De
      10th of Feb, 2009

This company is most definitely a sophisticated scam. When you go out to their website, you are supposedly signup up for a 4 day trial of their Acai Berry. If everyone would bother to read the Terms and Conditions as you say, they will find that as soon as you hit the submit button, you are automatically signing up for their monthly paymemt and you only have 14 days to cancel. Let's see, it takes a day or two to ship, transit time by the USPS, and guess what, more than half your time is gone is gone before you even receive the product. Then, you have way way less than 10 days to finish the trial, before they are charging you $69.95 for the next month's 30 day supply. In the meanwhile, if you happen to catch on to their practice and try to call them, they don't answer the phone.

For everyone's edification, run a BBB report on Cheshunt Overseas LTD and Real Solutions Labs. You will find they both are the same company and have a BBB rating of F. You will also find if you check it out that the P.O. Box in Sparks, Nevada, is a P.O. Box at Mailboxes, etc. They also have a shipping place in Florida, and Real Solutions in Texas and one other place.

Also in their terms and conditions, they state ALL SALES FINAL, and there are no returns for any reason whatsoever.

If you have been victimized by these sneaky devils, dispute the charges with your credit card company. Make sure to return the product anyway. Don't let these people rip you off for $70 for no legitimate reason. There are plenty of other Acai Berry suppliers who charge similar monthly rates, but you can cancel with them if not satisfied and return the product for a refund.

You will also find on further research that Real Solutions Labs is running a website called myhoodiacut.com. They are being sued by Virksen Biotech for trademark infringement of their Hoodiacut. On the natural-acai-berry.com site, it says they are located in St. Kitts and Nevis. This is about as good as all the Nigerian ripoff scams people fall for.

So, Buyer Beware! I wouldn't touch these people with a 10 foot pole. People need to file complaints with their local attorney general's office and department of consumer affairs if you have been taken by them. I suspect their $69.95 for 3o days of pills probably doesn't cost them $10 to make.

• Ro
      13th of Feb, 2009

It happened to me too!

• Su
      12th of Mar, 2009

Im feeling your pain!!
    I had been trying to cancel from the moment I received the first bottle, and found that it was cheap packaging and I was afraid to take any of the pills.
    I returned it immediatly, with no response.
    I've also tried calling the numbers, no answers.
    I scratched it up to being a extremely foolish mistake of mine.
    That was until I received the 2nd bottle!!!
    They kept sending it to me even after I had returned the product stating that they were a fraud and
    if they charged me, I would file charges against them.

I had to cancel my credit card, and transfer my acct balance to a new card.

I lost $140 on this scam, and Ill tell you, $140 is alot of money to me!!!

stillfat in wisconsin -

• Na
      24th of Apr, 2009
    Cheshunt Overseas LTD - Deceptive Advertising
    Hawaii

I believed I was ordering a sample of a product containing Acai Berry and being asked to pay only the cost of shipping ($3.95). I didn't realize that somewhere on the web site they had cleverly concealed the fact that I was obligating myself to receiving automatic monthly shipments of a 30-day supply of the supplement for the outrageous cost of $69.95. I called the number given to me by my bank and was told that I could not return the unopened bottle for a refund. I disputed the charge through my bank but my dispute was denied because Cheshunt Overseas Ltd provided documentation that I had given them my credit card number to authorize a purchase. Who is their right mind would agree to pay $69.95 for a 30-day supply of any diet supplement? What they are doing is deceptive and immoral.

• Do
      12th of Sep, 2009
    Cheshunt Overseas LTD - Scam charges
    Cheshunt Overseas Ltd

Beware of this company's practices! Ordered "free trial sample acai berry supplement". Tried to call 800 # to cancel within the 15 day trial period, number was not valid. Checked scam alerts on line, found reference to different # 866-376-**** which I was on hold with for over 45 min's both times I tried calling. Finally had to cancel my credit card used to pay the S&H charges, only to find out card had already been charged $69.95 days before.