Chennai MTC Bus / Collecting More Fares than usual

1 India Review updated:

Bus No: M21E
Bus Registration No: TN 09 X 3959 (I am not exacty sure)
Date : 20 Jul 2009
Time : 20:40 hours
Destination: Sri Ramachandra Medical College (SRMC)

I have boarded the bus by 20:40 hours at Madhya Kailash towards SRMC. My destination is Mugalivakkam. The fares from Madhya Kailash to Mugalivakkam is Rs.4.00. But the conductor charges Rs.5.00 from each members whose destination was at Mugalivakkam. We have argued to the Conductor that we will be paying Rs 4.00 in route No: M49 (Thriuvanmyur to SRMC) to the destination Mugalivakkam from Madhya Kailash. But he said the stoppings in M21E is less than M49. We are really wondered whether the stoppings will depend on the bus numbers like 21, 49, 54 etc. rather than the "M" symbol and the colour. All the "M" services will have same number of stoppings and same fares. Moreover this conductor guy should learn to give some respect to the public and could have behaved in a fair manner. I really dont know how the Tamil Nadu Govt is taking some serious actions over the conductors for misbehaving to the Public. Hence I request the concern persons to take some actions over this issue.

Pu

Comments

• Ha
      28th of Aug, 2009

Bus Route No:- 27d
    Date :- 28.08.08
    Time :- 8.00 to 9.00
    Destination: Pudupet to Chola Hotel

I am Prasad I am working in private company. I am travelling in 27d buses for past 1 yrs. In morning Times (8.00 to 9.00 am)there is no ordenory buses in this route. Only Delux buses are passing in that Routes. For last 1 week 27d Buses are not stoping in Pudupet Bus Stands even the bus are not croud that much. There is no other buses in that Routes. We peoples are suffering without Buses. Moreover this conductor guy should learn to give some respect to the public and could have behaved in a fair manner. I really dont know how the Tamil Nadu Govt is taking some serious actions over the conductors for misbehaving to the Public. Hence I request the concern persons to take some actions over this issue.

• Sm
      28th of Oct, 2009

In all buses the last row is fixed for women but always men were occupied the last row ladies seats. They could not get up from the seats even as old women also standing in that place. If men were sitting in last row, women could not able to stand there. So kindly take necessary (severe) action for that.

• We
      25th of Nov, 2009

I am one of the passenger travellin from Chennai Vadapalani to teynampet.I go by the bus 12B.In Vadapalani bus depot no announcement comes for this special 12B bus alone.Buses do not come in time nor they take in time.This particular bus crosses a lot of schools, colleges, Institutions, and even the people who move for their job finds it difficult to travel.This timing has to be strictly brought to action inorder to avoid traffic and other inconveniences.Else the government must take corrective action to increase the number of buses to make the society comfortable.Hope government will take severe strict action.

• El
      8th of Apr, 2011

Respected Sir,

This is Elumalai .i am working in Private Concern. i use to travel by bus regularly from MMDA to Navalur and vice versa. As usual On 8th April 2011 i took MTC Deleux Bus At Navalur 9.40PM.i bought ticket from conductor for the amount of Rs 13/- from navalur to MMDA. i get down at MMDA around 10.45 PM. on that time checking inspectors enquired about the ticket immediately i gave to them. Then only i came to know the ticket was given upto guindy only but (Ticket Cost is same Rs 13/-) The Checking inspectors asked to pay fine of Rs 500/- i argued with them that is not my mistake it may be conductors mistake. Even they are not asked anything to conductor regarding this issue. but they forcely tortured me in front of the crowd and insulted me to pay that fine amount compulsory. i don't have any other choice to pay my fine amount asked by them.in front of others. so i paid that amount Rs 500/- . Even they are not allowed me write this entire issue in that receipt. They forced me to write as a without ticket holder from guindy to MMDA. This is Really great insult to me . i never face such a problem in my life time. Please consider this issue as soon as possible .Eventhogh i am educated and working in high designed job .i cant do anything at that moment. if it is so how the normal and uneducated poor people face this issue ? !

11th of Nov, 2011

There is no safety for girls in buses. am damn sure that every girls who travel in buses are surely teased by men.seating arrangement and standing arrangement in Tamilnadu buses are in stupid way, making men to touch breast and other body parts of girls.. y cant the women and men to stand separately in buses, i.e first haif of the bus for ladies and second half for men, so that girls can stand or sit comfortably..the people who disagrees my points can send their girls or wife in crowded buses..

• Ka
      3rd of Nov, 2013

I'm Mtc passenger from iyappanthaangal to tambaram(166) bus did not come to correct time and so many passengers are waiting that bus So kindly request to you co-operate to public sir...