Chegg.com / Chegg.com

1 Muncie, IN, United States Review updated:

I sent Chegg.com two textbooks in early December. I was told on the website that I would be receiving a refund around $70. My husband mistakenly sent the books via USPS instead of UPS. I called a few days later to see if this was going to be a problem. The man on the phone told me it would not be, but they we may not be able to be reimbursed for the shipping costs. I said that was fine and asked about the status of our order. He told me they had received the books and would be sending me an email within a couple days to explain different methods of obtaining my payment. I never received an email.

A couple weeks go by and I call again to ask about my payment. This time the man tells me the computer has no record of receiving anything and if someone had told me before they must've "Been looking at the wrong screen". I have a really hard time believing this since the man told me the names of the books I sent in! I was told a supervisor would look into the issue and call me back.

The next day I received a call saying they never received my book and if I have a problem I should contact USPS, because Chegg never received my books AFTER THEY ADMITTED TO ME THE FIRST TIME THAT THEY DID!

They are theives. I'm a young mother in college with an autistic child and Chegg has stolen from me and there is nothing I can do. I cannot prove that they received the books and they are claiming they did not have a recorded conversation from where the first sales person admitted to receiving the books. My hands are tied and I am out $70.

Comments

16th of Jan, 2010

Hello:

I am a customer service team member and am unhappy to hear of the frustration you have experienced.

I would be happy to look into your issue, if you would like. Chegg does provide a prepaid UPS return shipping label for all returns and it is important that this label be used to insure a successful processing of your return. Because you used USPS for your return shipment, we would need additional information to track down your return. Again, I would be happy to look into this for you with resolution as the focus. Please reach out to the Chegg team at http://www.chegg.com/contactus/

• Ni
      25th of Feb, 2010

Hey really? I had a problem with them and they were able to fix the issue for me so quickly. The lady who fixing my account has called me right on time each time she said so.. Do you have an order number? I can give it to her when she calls me and I bet she can help. Awesome service in fixing this issue..

• Vi
      20th of Aug, 2010

I rented books during the spring semester '09-'10. I received my books without any problems. However, I sold two books at the end of the semester and opted for a credit. When I decided to rent books for the winter semester I could not find the credit. I was told my books were not logged in. After three months? Are you kidding me? I told them I would not support their company any longer and I would do my best to steer college students away from them. I don't have the books, money, or credit to put toward new books that I need.

20th of Aug, 2010

@virdaan We expect that you'd receive payment shortly after your books arrive, so please give us a call or chat with us so we can look into what happened! chegg.com/contactus

• Ro
      20th of Aug, 2010

Shortly after writing this compliant, I filed one with the BBB. The contact then between us then became solely in the form of emails back and forth through the BBB. Chegg initially responded by saying they would be happy to work through this with me, but were still denying ever receiving my textbooks. I responded back and asked why then a Chegg representative admitted to me over the phone they had received them and from there contact was halted. They never responded and the dispute is still unsettled with the BBB after 9 months.