Chef Tony's Smart Lidz / Overpriced shipping & handling

1 Smart LidzTarrytown, NY, United States Review updated:
Phone: 866-608-8635

Advertised smart lidz for $19.95. When the order was received the bill was 19.95 plus s&h of $40.00, total $61.70!

I called them to get a return authorization number and they told me that the 19.95 would be refunded if i returned the items but not the shipping and handling.

The estimated cost of shipping these items (less than 12oz) is $4.95.

Comments

• Ru
      26th of Mar, 2008

Wherever you got these was way to much. You can buy these from Carol Wright Gifts online or from catalog for 9.95 with free shipping. I have the catalog in front of me right now.

13th of Apr, 2008

I was going to ordera set.. that complaint changed my mind!! What a ripoff!!

• Ga
      1st of May, 2008

The Chef Tony's Smart Lidz do not work after putting them in the refrigerator. If you check about 10 minutes later the top is off...and talking about a ripoff I paid a lot more for the postage than for the actual product. BAD BUSINESS...

Gaye Shepherd
    Roanoke, Virginia

• Da
      14th of May, 2008

DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT! I should have known better when I called and the whole order process was automated. A few days after placing my order I checked my credit card bill on line and noticed that I was being charged $75 for my buy one set at $10 and get the 2nd set free smart lidz. (I bought 2 sets) It took me 3 days to finally get a hold of a live person with the company. She told me my order total was 28.00 and shipping was 47.00. This company is just ripping off the consumer and for some reason they are getting away with it.

11th of Jun, 2008

I bought 2 sets and my total was $20.00, and shipping was $47.70. Do they just charge what they want at any given time?
    How can we get our money back? Consumer Report?

• Cj
      15th of Jun, 2008

Do Not Buy. They do NOT work!!!
    Plus outrageous shipping and handling charges.

• Da
      5th of Aug, 2008

I had the same experience as the other consumers. The product was $20 and the shipping and handling was $47.70, what a rip off!!!

• Gu
      15th of Aug, 2008

Total rip off - my shipping charge was close to $48 - I am returning all of these, and I have filed a dispute charge with American Express.

17th of Sep, 2008

I sent an email to the company and asked how much the processing and shipping would be. Of course, they never answered me. (I am getting smarter in my old age...72)
    I have been overcharged for shipping for previous bogo
    purchases!

• Dr
      23rd of Oct, 2008

I ordered a set of Smart Lidz with an additional free set for S&H of 7.95. I called the representative when I saw a charge of $67.70 on my credit card. They "multiplied " my order x 4 (I have the original hard copy in hand) and, of course I was charged the 7.95 several times. Of course - they denied it and even had changed my order number. I usually do not submit to infomercials, but in this case, made a poor judgement call.

• In
      24th of Nov, 2008
    Chef Tony's Smart Lidz - Excessive Shipping Rate
    Chef Tony's Smart Lidz
    355 Byrd Avenue
    Neenah
    Wisconsin
    smartlidz.com

I made the mistake of ordering 4 sets for a price of $40.00. The shipping fee, however, was $63.60!!! What a rip off! I would tell people not to order these - no matter how badly you think that you want them. I do a lot of shipping, and there is no way this fee is reasonable.

23rd of Dec, 2008

Having worked for a company that provides the customer service for this product, I can tell you BUYER BEWARE! I couldn't believe the shipping & processing on these weightless lids! How am I supposed to justify these charges & represent a company that charges exorbitant prices for shipping & handling??!! I couldn't, & needless to say, this was not a company that I wanted to be working for, and no longer am! All I can say is that if you really want this product, go to your local Walgreens or Bed Bath & Beyond, you can get them for about $10 & you won't have to pay any ridiculous shipping & processing! And, if you buy them from a store, you can return them & get your money back. IF you purchase them by calling the 800# or by going online, you will have to pay to ship them back plus you will lose whatever the amount was for the shipping & handling...not worth it.