Checks Unlimited / printed checks, unethical behaviour

1 Pahrump, NV, United States

I responded to a magazine ad for Checks Unlimited around the end of January, 2018. The total cost for the printed checks was listed at $21.75. I sent in my check and received the boxes of checks a couple weeks later. Then, after another couple weeks, I get an invoice from Checks Unlimited for a total of $89.51. That's 4 times the amount that the ad said was the cost! The invoice said that the advertised price was for first time customers only. I have no records that show I have ordered from them before. If there was a discrepancy from what the customer paid and what they thought should have been paid, they should have settled the matter before printing and sending the product to the customer. This is really egregious for a senior on a fixed income. Since the company waited until I received the checks, of course, I used some of them, so I can't return the checks and am now obligated to pay this extraordinarily high price. I think the company should accept the payment sent to them. I wanted others to know about these deceptive business practices.

Ma