Checkmate Security Systems / Alarm Service / Be aware of checkmate security systems

If anyone is looking for an alarm service for there home, please be aware of checkmate security systems. We found them through an ad (1st mistake), and signed a contract. When we had work done on our house, we had the service suspended. As per checkmate, we were told this would not be a problem. Unfortunately we were unable to have a new alarm system placed due to money. We spoke with checkmate and were told this too would not be a problem just let them know when we are ready to reinstall a new alarm. We are now being harassed. I explained to them I am unable to pay off the whole bill (for services I did not use) that I would pay partial payments. I have been told if I do not pay off the whole thing a will have to pay late fees each month I send in a parial payment. Beware!!!

Le

Comments

18th of Dec, 2008
    check mate services - not delivered
    security services
    India

documents not delivered on time

• Ww
      26th of Oct, 2010

visit http://www.newyork.bbb.org/

• Kr
      12th of Nov, 2010

I have Checkmate Security Systems for 20 years. They are great!! Incredible service, prices are very fair.

• Kr
      12th of Nov, 2010

Checkmate Security is a great company!!! Service is great and very fair.

19th of Nov, 2010

I had my system installed back in '03 - great company, very neat and respectful on installation - never needed to have a service call yet - and my rate each month has stayed the same...A+

• St
      19th of Aug, 2011

I see this posting, by the 3 people saying great company. The only thing the comes to mind is ###. They are a awful. Without getting into the detail simlar things happened to me. Checkmate kept telling us no problem, dont worry about it and than suprise suprise, we have no records of you ever requesting or talking to us. The are a bunch of fakes, when i agreed with them on the acceprtance letter my fee was 21.95 for 5 years. low and behold the bait and switch on the contract that they can raise the fee 9% every year. This is after the accepted the deposit. they are a bunch of thiefs.