Checkered Flag Vw / Not doing what they agreed to....

1 Virginia Beach, VA, United States Review updated:

Checkered Flag VW of Virginia Beach promised me a 2nd key when I bought my used Jetta. Now they claim they have no record of the promise and will not honor the agreement. They want me to pay $154.
for just a valet key (not one of the push button keys). They claim there is nothing they can do. Well, I think there is something they can do and they simply won't do it...DO NOT BUY A VOLKSWAGEN FROM CHECKERED FLAG ~ AS A MATTER OLF FACT I WOULDN'T BUY A CAR FROM ANY CHECKERED FLAG DEALERSHIP!!! Whatever happened to good old customer service??

Pe

Comments

• Ph
      15th of Sep, 2008

Don't feel badly, these people fired me while I was out on sick leave (body shop/ by Bill Evans) for emergency hip surgery, with no notification to the fact until I returned to tell them my return to work date.
    Finally forced to take Social Security Dissability retirement, I have plenty of time now to let the public know how they operate. It's all and only about the money at any location owned by them.

• Ro
      25th of Oct, 2008

Thanks for the postings. I was going to purchase two new vehicles now I'll just shop around .

• Ih
      2nd of Dec, 2010

I recently traded in my car for a VW .. since the moment I drove off the lot its been a NIGHTMARE!!! Our salesman Matthew was great .. until the paperwork was all signed and then he felt like it wasn't his obligation anymore to uphold his end of the transaction! Its been over a month and they have yet to pay off my loan from the trade in! They have already sold the car I traded in ... which I don't see how this is legal having two loans from two different people! I had to go and fill out paperwork two times already because there finance department can't get their documents correct ... each time resulting in a higher payment!! I gave them my credit card number to charge for a $1000 down payment, since I bought the a VW .. since the moment I drove off the lot its been a NIGHTMARE!!! Our salesman Matthew was great .. until the paperwork was all signed and then he felt like it wasn't his obligation anymore to uphold his end of the transaction! Its been over a month and they have yet to pay off my loan from the trade in! They have already sold the car I traded in ... which I don't see how this is legal having two loans from two different people! I had to go and fill out paperwork two times already because there finance department can't get their documents correct ... each time resulting in a higher payment!! I gave them my credit card number to charge for a $1000 down payment, since I bought the car they have charged $2000! If you call to try to get a hold of someone GOOD LUCK a voice mail is all your ever gonna get! Buyers beware if your looking to purchase a new car or trade yours in PLEASE DO YOURSELF A FAVOR AND DO NOT BUY A CAR FROM CHECKER FLAG VW!!!