Checkered Flag Car Dealer (Toyota) / Rude, unhelpful, JERKS

1 Virginia Beach BlvdVirginia Beach, VA, United States Review updated:

This auto group is extremely rude, disrespectful, and care nothing about the customer. My boyfriend attempted to buy a Toyota Yaris, they told me i needed to get something more expensive so he could carry the value better. They did not listen to me and did not give us any other options. Being that I work for a finance company, this is partly true, but when they offered me $500 for a trade in that is easily worth $2000, I knew they just wanted to sell me a bigger, more expensive car. I ended up going to Priority Toyota, and they made me feel amazing. It was night and day. Please, if you want a Toyota and live in Va Beach or Hampton Roads, go to Priority Toyota. DO NOT, I REPEAT DO NOT GO TO CHECKERED FLAG FOR ANYTHING. The bad stories you hear ARE TRUE.

Br

Comments

• Je
      4th of Mar, 2009

upon my wife and mine purchase of our certified toyota tundra, everything was rosy with confetti and all that .we were given a brosure, and on this broshure platinum coverage was circled, that was explained to us to be the best possible coverage, from silver, to gold, to gold plus, and finally platinum(the cadilac).i do all of the oil changes myself, because i have no faith in these quick lube establishments down the road.

coverage was denied on replacing two seals underneath the truck that i noticed were showing some seapage, last time i did an oil change.infuriated, because the broshure says in black and white that these seals are covered under the plan that we paid $1, 500.00 for, nobody at the dealership could explain this denial of coverage.paul hendricks of fidelity contacted me today from the florida compound where they sell these bogus warranties and said basically that the pamplet was a SALES TOOL...he explained that we had purchased a WRAP AROUND WARRANTY. in other words, a non valuable piece of paper that i can recycle along with the rest of our junk mail.
    if your not going to honor what the paperwork explains you are covered for, than its junk.i have notified consumer affairs .com, the better business bureau, ripoffs .com, toyota in california, the bureau of insurance, the consumer sentinel, toyota regional service administrator, and am waiting for some legal responce that iv'e been contacting.i don't give up easily when i know iv'e been wrongfully treated and miss lead by some sales tactics.i guess i should have video taped entire wonderful sales experience.now we don't have the extra money to spend on a redicously priced repair, so i'm going to tell everyone i know what goes on when your buying a certified used vehicle extended warranty from one our golden dealerships.

.being a life long member of the community, here in ocean view and don't plan on leaving, i will make it my mission to educate anyone who will listen, concerning these wrongful sales tactics involving these great dealerships that take advantage of consumers.

i'm still waiting to here back from checkered flag cancerning my being ripped off.

don't believe everything that they tell you, or give you when you make a purchase, "fidelity warranty services" has effectively washed their hands of the entire matter, so its up to checkered flag now to make good on what they've sold my wife and i.we'll see, ...i'm not going to hold my breath.they all looked confused when i showed them my paperwork upon my last visit to the dealership.nobody had a clue as to why my vehicle wasn't covered under this"PLATINUM COVERAGE"plan.

i am an educated person, but to fidelity your just another idiot, deserving condesention.like you don't have any grasp of the english language .at age 52 i don't find that treatment acceptable or tolerable.

maybe ten on our side will be our next visit.

• Do
      30th of Jun, 2010

CHECKERED FLAG SOLD ME A LEMON PAID CASH FOR THE CAR LESS THAN 6MTHS TRANSMISSION WENT CONSTANT RUN AROUND 1ST THEY WERE WILLING TO TRADE AT TOP DOLLAR THEN GENERAL MANAGER ROBERT CHEN AGREED TO PY FOR TEARDOWN ESTIMATE AT OUTSIDE TRANSMISSION SHOP HAD ME GIE THE TRANS PERSON HIS CELL # NOT KNOWING i WOULD HEAR EVERYTHING HE SAID IN THE CONVERSATION AND TOTALLY LIED STATED REP TOLD HIM TRANS NOT ABLE TO BE REPAIRED AND HE WASNT ABLE TO DO ANYTHING NOW OFFERING 2500 FOR VHCLE THAT I JUST PAID 9K FOR ROBERT CHEN AND SALES REP EUGNE BOTH GAVE ME THE RUN AROUND AND MISLED ME FOR OER A MONTH JUST TO END WITH CHECKERED FLAG ISNT DOING ANYTHING IT IS IN MY OPINION THAT BUYING A CAR FROM CHECKERED FLAG IS LIKE INVESTING W/ MADOFF