Check Processing Bureau, Enforcement Division / Debt Collections

1 130 Church Street, Suite #276New York, NY, United States
Phone: 888-238-3290

I have received numerous attempts from the company listed above to collect a debt in regards with a check that I supposedly had written to "Longs Drugs". In attempting to return call I can only leave a message on a voicemail. None of their letters include any information regarding what bank the check came from, what the check # is, date of check, which Longs Drugs store, or any pertinent info in regards to my personal banking information. I recently received a "final notice" letter claiming they are moving forward with criminal prosecution and I will be receiving a certified letter with "due process actions". According to the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act these types of harrasing (fear mongering is more fitting) tactics in order to collect a debt is a direct violation of this article of legislation. I have read many similar stories on the "net" today and feel a compaint is warranted. This type of practice is disgusting and I am personally offended. I will also be filing a complaint with the California Attourney General's Office. These people need to be stopped!!