CHECK-HELP.COM / Theft

1 unknown, unknown, United States Review updated:
Phone: 888-532-1681

Webiste run by Sun Classic Media Ltd. - 7 Alwinton Gardens, Lobley Hill, Gateshead, Tyne and Wear NE11 0AP, United Kingdom

Monthly charge of US$39.73 with an additional international charge approx US$1.19 I suspect depending on the exchange rate.

I called 2 days after subscribing and the tech said no problem with cancelling. Still the charges are being submitted and paid. No one answers the phone to address problem.

I will talk to my bank to stop paying this company.

Warn others!!

Comments

• Vi
      25th of Dec, 2008

Unless they have taken from my account 31 euros without justification

• Ka
      26th of Dec, 2008

Please guys! be careful when dealing with this site called check help.com which is in someways linked to freedownload.com. It's a theft site. There is no corresponding with these guys. Everything they have is fake. they take your money. I signed up with freedownload for 4 dollars and got charged on my credit by some other service called check help. they dont exist. I called the number for check help and there was no body to talk to. it said representative were available at 10:00am and I called after 10 and there was no one to talk with. So I got charged two 39.95 dollars and one 9.85 dollars. There is no way you can find these guys so be careful.

• Ka
      26th of Dec, 2008

it's me again. I meant to say DOWNLOAD PROVIDER, not free download.com

• Ml
      28th of Dec, 2008

I am having the same problem with this site! I autorized a $4.87 "trial" BUT was charged 4 times that day ($4.87, $1.00, $1.00 and $39.87)

BE AWARE: they charged me again a few days later ($39.73 x 2) and ($9.87)

I contacted the "real" provider and got a refund on a few charges, but this ghost company???

I am outside the US, so I am having trouble resolving this. If you learn anything, let me know.

I think the best thing is to contact our credit card companies...

But, since we both had this trouble from the ssame site, there must be some connection to the "real" site

• Je
      2nd of Feb, 2009

oh dear, same has happenend to me, one trial (OK) then $39.95 same day despite cancelling same day. Now seem to have 2x $39.95 clearing as well. Have emailed them for refunds/cancellations. I've got a cancellation email but it's not clear if they're check-help.com. Have sent a complaint and a desist instruction to check-help.com via their website. Have also been bomarded with junk/spam with explicit subject lines. All in all - a terrible experience.

• So
      18th of Feb, 2009

I too have been cheated authorized a 5$ trial and they have added 39$ x 4 going to investigate not going to keep quiet and loose my money.