Cheaptickets.com Airline Reservations / Purchases travel insurance - they cancelled it next business day

1 Palm Desert, CA, United States Review updated:

I made travel arrangements and purchased the travel insurance because I knew that I might have to change my arrangements. I received the flight confirmation the day I submitted them. The following day, there was an email sent to me by the insurance carrier stating that they cancelled my insurance coverage because they do not sell in California or in Washington state, which are the states I would be traveling to. Why would Cheap Tickets give me an insurance carrier, confirm it, take the money from my charge card - then the insurance company cancells it because it's out of their "territory" of coverage? Now, when I go back through Cheap Tickets to use my credit that I had spent on the prior trip, the Airlines, Alaska Airlines has fee's and Cheap Tickets have fee's = which equal to the full ticket amount previousely purchased. In other words, I lost the $300 that I paid for in the prior trip I purchased. What a rip-off. Oh, Cheap Tickets also specifiy that I have to fly with the prior Airline, which locks me into their fee's .. Alaska Airlines.. who has my money, the Cheap Tickets or the Airline.. why should I have to pay exuberant fees from both, equalling a whole new round-trip ticket! Please help, I cannot afford to buy another ticket, and I need to travel to WA to settle affairs with my-soon-to be- ex husband. It's the only way that I am going to be able to stand up for myself, and get my personal belongings.

Ma
Jun 12, 2013

Comments

• Or
      13th of Jun, 2013

Hi, Marilees,
    This is Robert, and I am part of the CheapTickets Customer Relations team. Please forward the CheapTickets Record Locator to us at socialnetwork@cheaptickets.com. Please use my name in the subject line, so that I can investigate further.
    Thank you for your patience, I look forward to hearing from you.
    Sincerely,