[Resolved] CheapoAir.com / reservations switches

1 TN, United States Review updated:

I booked a round trip flight and verified my information BEFORE I hit confirm. I went on my trip and when I went to return home, the airline informs me that I am returning 1 month later. I had to buy another ticket to get home. I have tried to contact cheapoair.com but cannot understand what they are saying. She told me to keep calling back untill I get someone who speaks English.
The agent at the airport informs me that this happens a lot with cheapoair.com. They change your reservations.
Moral, STAY AWAY from cheapoair.com. By the time you pay for another ticket, you could have flown first class cheaper.

• Resolution statement

• CheapOair Customer Care's Response, Apr 07, 2009

Shortshooter, I have addressed your concern, and also provided you with screen shots of exactly what you searched per your request. Your search always showed oneway tickets, never for roundtrip tickets.

I understand that you made the bookings for your inlaws and their computer wasn't working. You called us several weeks later to let us know of a problem. After 24hours the airlines consider this a change, or change of plans, and fees are applicable. Calling us weeks later and wanting CheapOair.com to absorb the additional cost, doesn't seem right to me either.

The flights that you have chosen are directly in the screen prior to hitting submit for purchase, once that is selected the flights are automatically issued. There's no one in the reservation looking at it, it's computerized, there is no one randomly picking reservations to tamper with.

If contacting us would of been immediate, this would of been avoided, however, it is your responsibility to check for accuracy and contact us within a reasonable amount of time. I do apologize for the additional cost, but your waiting caused the higher airfare.

866-636-9088

• CheapOair Customer Care's Response, Apr 07, 2009

notyourmama, the dates on our website are inputted in the computer by the user, if you make any switches to the search, such as go back check other screens you are risking the calendar of resetting itself.

Like the other customer, the final outcome of the flights are displayed on the screen before submitting for purchase, if you check for accuracy and the flights are not correct, you don't have to continue with the booking.

The fare could of been higher because your original dates the lower fare was not available, therefore, you were charged for the flights that the booking was submitted for. Errors are made, but to call someone Fraud, when we are not the ones inputting, and confirming for accuracy. Supervisors have the authority to cancel the booking without a fee, I also work in priority customer service, and I did not ever see your concern come through to us.

You can contact me at randrews@cheapoair.com, provide me with the booking confirmation, and I can research your case further.

• CheapOair Customer Care's Response, Apr 07, 2009

Carole, like the other issues, your flights are displayed on the final booking page for your review. Our website does not randomly change customers details, what good could come out of this!

Also, it appears you didn't look at the confirmation, or contact the airlines for reconfirmation until the day at the airport. Within 24hours of reviewing the booking this all could of been avoided.

866-636-9088

Ca

Comments

• Sh
      9th of Mar, 2009

I also had them pull a switch on me. I purchased a ROUND TRIP tickets for my in-laws and now when I get the email from my in-laws it shows only one way. I know I looked at and booked a round trip flight not one way!! Now I have to pay double what it was when I first got their tickets just to get them home. I sent an email to a randrews there and hopefully they can resolve this issue. If not I am contacting the attorney generals office and any other office that can wield a heavy hand to that company!!!
    Don't use them!!!

17th of Mar, 2009

Oh YES, they did that to me to, those suckers just switched my dates and I thought it was my fault, ONLY SO they can charge me for a higher price or cancel for a fee.DAMN Liars!!!Please people DO NOT USE CHEAPOAIR!!!

CHEAPOAIR=FRAUD!!!
    OK, DID EVERYBODY GET THE MESSAGE?????????I hope so!!!