[Resolved] CheapoAir.com / is there some sort of meltdown going on!

I booked a flight on CheapoAir - nonrefundable, which is fine. I took the chance. What I didn't know was that this did not guarantee me a ticket! My flight is due to leave in 3 days and while I have a reservation, the airline tells me that I do not have a ticket. "Is the agent holding your ticket for some reason?" they asked. The payment went through, so Cheapoair has my ticket. I am unable to buy another ticket because this is non-refundable. But I don't have a ticket to go!

I have contacted them by email, and the first time I received a reply which said I would have my ticket in 24 hours. That was 3 days ago. I contacted them by phone and after nearly an hour on hold, someone told me they would get back to me that day. That was 2 days ago. Yesterday and today I was cut off while on hold.

Is there some sort of meltdown going on?

Resolution statement

CheapOair Customer Care's Response, May 22, 2007

Hi,

This is Sourav. I am the new Online Brand Manager for Cheapoair. I have joined the company very recently.

I will taking care of all your issues with us. We are really committed to solve any issues. Please let us know all you problems in detail.

This is my personal email address - sourav@cheapoair.com

Please email me your details like your TicketID and other necessary details which would help me getting deeper into your problem.

So, lets solve your issues.

Sourav Sharma
Online Brand Manager
CheapOair.Com

42 days ago by Matt Wright

Dear Mr. Wright,

I have sent an email to you in hopes to help resolve your situation. I do sincerely apologize for the difficult time you had reaching our customer service department. If you would email me back at randrews@cheapoair.com, I would be more than willing to assist with the extra charges that may be pending. Your business is important to us so let me regain your confidence, and work this out to a satisfactory resolution.

4 days ago by M A [send email]
Do not even try to search with CheapOAir.
They charge you $1 for every attempt.

Dear M A,

I am sorry for the inconvenience of the "pre-authorzation" charges that appeared on your credit card. I assure you those charges of $1.00 will be removed . The preauthorization is a safety precaution to make sure all credit card transactions are valid and authorized by the owner of the card. If you have any other questions or concerns regarding this, please feel free to contact me via email: randrews@cheapoair.com

Dear Mr. Schmidt,

I had recently sent an email offering my assistance to help resolve the double charging of your credit card for the mentioned "taxes and fees". I do apologize for the poor service you received while using our products and services, and if you would let me help, I'm sure this can be resolved to your satisfaction.

If you are in need of my assistance please email me at: randrews@cheapoair.com. We value our customers and make every effort to find a satisfactory resolution and maintain a good standing with you.

Dear Muz Syed,

I am sorry to hear about the service you received while booking one of our products. If you would be willing to forward an email to me at: randrews@cheapoair.com, with a brief explanation of your situation, I will investigate into why a "double booking" occurred.

There could be a very good reason why this happened, we know, computers can be very touchy at times.

If you are still in need of assistance, I will work diligently to find a satisfactory resolution for you. Your business is important to us!

Dear Stephanie Ben Bouchta,

I would like to apologize for the service you received while trying to book one of our products. If I could explain to you, that our flights, and pricing is all derived from a Global Delivery System and is updated by the airlines, which at times can take up to days. When you called our reservation office we have the ability to look into Real Time, meaning all the airlines availability is current, that would explain how the agent found your original flight, but the price was not mentioned in your posting.

In regards to the $1.00 soft charges, they are pre-authorizations to determine the validity of the credit card and is for your protection. Those charges should drop from your credit card , if you need further resolution to this concern, please feel free to email me at: randrews@cheapoair.com.

Cheapoair does have great prices, and your business is important to us.

I would love to WIN YOUR BACK!

Dear Valerie,

CheapOair offers 24/7 customer support and the telephone number is:212-478-0335. The best email contact for CheapOair is feedback@cheapoair.com, also found on our "contact us" page.

I am truly sorry for the poor service you received from Cheapoair, if you could email me to discuss at randrews@cheapoair.com, I can have a better understanding regarding why insurance was charged, when you did not select insurance.

Cheapoair will work to come to a satisfactory resolution, and we value you as a customer.

Dear L. Salmen,

I am sorry to hear about y0ur family emergency, if you are in need of assistance regarding the process of canceling as well as policies, please contact me at: randrews@cheapoair.com and I will be glad to assist.

You had mentioned that your flight plans had been taken care of, however, the over charge was a concern. Cheapoair is committed to resolve your issue to a satisfactory outcome. I would like the opportunity to address your concern, and to have a better understanding of what transpired. We value all of our customers!

Dear Maximilian Allgeier,

I had responded to you in an email Sept 25, but I did not hear back from you. I am assuming that you we're able to resolve and proceeded with a new booking! I am truly sorry your matter was handled so poorly,but Cheapoair offers 24/7 customer support so your concerns can be addressed more efficiently with less waiting. I would like the opportunity to look into your concern and resolve it to your satisfaction.

You can contact me at: randrews@cheapoair.com, you are a valued customer.

Dear Cathy,

Let me just say I apologize for the way you had been treated while calling into our office, Cheapoair takes these types of complaints seriously and they are addressed!

I would like the opportunity to understand what had transpired with your flight reservations. I am a little confused on why your flights would be "changed" after confirming on our website. Also, if the issue of the additional $300.00 charge has not been cleared up, I will also investigate into resolving this to your satisfaction.

Please contact me at randrews@cheapoair.com, if additional service is needed. Cheapoair is striving to make your experience a pleasant and a helpful one!

Dear Ilona Constable,

I recently sent you an email to follow-up to ensure that your credit card incident had been cleared up and the tickets had been received without further delay.

I didn't hear back from you so I assume the situation was resolved to your satisfaction! If you are still in need of assistance please feel free to contact me at: randrews@cheapoair.com, I hope you had a pleasant trip to Frankfurt!

Dear Dolores Luna,

I'm sorry to hear you had problems getting through to our reservation office. Cheapoair offers 24/7 customer support and the telephone number is: 212-478-0335. The best email contact for Cheapoair is feedback@cheapoair.com, also found on our "contact us" page.

I hope you find this information helpful!

Dear Tobhiyah Holmes,

I sent an email to your to follow-up to make sure that the refund in question had been received. I did not hear back from you, so I am assuming my assistance was not needed.

I would like to mention one thing, when processing a refund there are several avenues that must be followed to refund a ticket. The airlines are also play a huge part in refunding your monies. I'm not quite sure why the refund would of taken 4 months or longer, but if you still need assistance in resolving this please contact me at: randrews@cheapoair.com, or phone 212-478-0335.

Cheapoair is committed to resolving your issue in a timely and satisfactory manner.

Dear Joel S,

Sorry to hear you had a poor experience trying to use our products and services. I would just like to say that our flights are derived from a Global Delivery System that is updated by the airlines, there are times when it can take several days for the inventory to be updated.

Also, the airlines offer low fares but not many seats at this attractive pricing, and with so many buyers the seats do sell out quickly, resulting in the next "tier" of pricing. If you still need assistance or for future assistance try our 24/7 customer service support line at 212-478-0335 and a travel consultant can assist.

Cheapoair values you as a customer!

CheapOair Customer Care's Response, Oct 17, 2007

Dear Ms. Andrews,

I am very sorry for what happened to the young lady and her family while standing at your counter at the airport. I am glad to know that you and the airline were doing everything you could to make her bad situation better. Without more details from the passenger I can not advise why her tickets had not been issued or a confirmed booking wasn't made. As a travel professional you know there could be various reasons why!

If I had more information to investigate into what transpired, I could offer a better explanation. Feel free to contact me at randrews@cheapoair.com if you have more details.

CheapOair Customer Care's Response, Oct 17, 2007

Dear Mr. Theo,

I have read your posting and I am very sorry for what transpired. I was a little confused by the dates that the transactions took place. If you book your flights with few days before departure, the airfares are always much higher, and the seating is very limited. If you have 21 days or more, the airlines offer lower fares, and the availability is much greater to find cheaper prices. Also, our system is derived from a Global Delivery System which is updated by the airlines, there are times when it can take several days for the inventory to be updated.

Cheapoair does have great prices and we are striving to make your booking experience a pleasant and helpful one. We value your business and if you need further assistance please email me at:randrews@cheapoair.com

CheapOair Customer Care's Response, Nov 26, 2007

Dear Ms. Wellington,

I am sorry that the fare and flights that you needed were not available for the lower fare. Our inventory is provided by a Global Delivery System, sometimes it can hours to update the inventory. The airlines provide us with the seats and the pricing, Cheapoair does not determine the seat availability or the fares to charge. We all know that there is a great demand for the cheapest fare, but the seats do sell out quickly, therefore leaving no other option, either buy up to the next fare, or perhaps be flexible with dates, times, especially for holiday travel.

Again, I apologize that the fare is not available for your dates, but this is out of our control. If you would like someone to check for the lower fare, and give you other options, please contact our office at 212-478-0335, or you can email your request to: feedback@cheapoair.com

CheapOair Customer Care's Response, Jan 11, 2008

I have emailed "Joe" to offer assistance, so that I can help him with his refund issue. But, he has not emailed me back!

CheapOair Customer Care's Response, Feb 25, 2008

I have emailed NICOLEDUDAS to offer assistance, but they have not responded back.

Some airline tickets that are purchased oneway can not be applied towards a roundtrip, there are many rules that apply, and are regulated by the individual airlines and the type of fare purchased. Our company ususally will only accept US and Canadian issued credit cards for online bookings. We have to verify every cc that comes through our website, and check for FRAUD, it is not ment to be a "frustration" to our customers but a protection for them, so we shouldn't be faulted for that!

There are so many rules to verify when it comes to international tickets and it can be very confusing to our agents. Many times we need to converse with the airlines directly to get the meanings of these fares and their rules, Cheapoair is responsible for making sure we abide by the rules and collect the fees that are involved and pass them on too the airlines.

I apologize for the frustrations you had felt, but you didn't email me back for my assistance, so I am assuming it was taken care of and to your satisfaction.

CheapOair Customer Care's Response, Apr 21, 2008

Dear Mr. Schwarz, I have requested you too email me directly with the booking confirmation, I will wait for the information and can investigate into what has transpired.

I apologize for the inconvience, and await your reply.

CheapOair Customer Care's Response, Apr 24, 2008

I have assisted Mr. Schwarz, and the situation was a mistake in the confirmation number, he contained the wrong booking confirmation. Therefore, he was searching the NK website with the wrong confirmation and the Spirit agent could not locate either.
After looking into this, within 1 hour of receiving Mr. Schwarz's email, I had the situation resolved for him. He has since emailed me, and advising of how pleased he was that I cared enough too resolve this in a timely fashion.

He was pleasant to work with, and understanding!

CheapOair Customer Care's Response, May 05, 2008

Dear Corrine, please provide me with your booking confirmations so that I may investigate into what is being done to help resolve your inquiry.

I apologize for the frustration you have experienced, please email to:
randrews@cheapoair.com, and let me have the opportunity to assist.

CheapOair Customer Care's Response, May 06, 2008

Still no response from Corrine!

Cheapoair
PCS TEAM

CheapOair Customer Care's Response, Aug 04, 2008

Olga has been refunded all of her money that was due, she booked a reservation and later changed. She was obligated to pay the original service fee, and pay the difference in the new dates for her travel. The insurance was double charged of 55.00 due to two different bookings, she has been refunded the 2nd charge of insurance.

Therefore, this case is closed, she has received all monies due her, and she has not contacted me to discuss further refund issues.

CheapOair Customer Care's Response, Oct 20, 2008

Allison, please provide me with your booking confirmation so that I may investigate into what transpired with your transaction. I do apologize for the inconvenience, and I will see what can be done for you.

Send the confirmation to:

CheapOair Customer Care's Response, Oct 23, 2008

Customer did accept the fare increase of 15.00, however, when we went to issue her airline ticket, her credit card was declined! Perhaps if she was able to buy this ticket, we would not have such an unhappy customer. There are ways to resolve this issue regarding 15.00, she did ask to cancel this booking. Cheapoair can waive our service fee for such cases, but if you don't have the money to pay for a $315.00 ticket, I don't think waiving our service fee would of helped the situation.

She also provided me with her receipt, and no where on the receipt does it say tickets are issued. It also stated that fares can change at any time, the customer sent this to me directly from her confirmation. We do apologize that the airline she was trying to book did not honor the fare, there was a lapse in updating the availability, via our website. We do 1000's of tickets a day, and it can take upto 8 hours to get an airline ticket issued. It is not done manually, all of our tickets are automated, and depending on how many reservations are ahead, they go in order of booking.

CheapOair Customer Care's Response, Oct 27, 2008

Dear Sir, although it is public knowledge for anyone to check with the BBB complaints, but what they do not advise you is that some of these issues are from months even years ago. Cheapoair.com does 1000's of bookings daily, so the volume of business does not even measure upto the few complaints we may receive. We are dedicated to respond to each and every complaint we receive. You may notice that people do post complaints, but never bother to contact me to assist them with the complaint, why go to the hassle of complaining if you don't want the issue resolved! half of the complaints are hasty and the customer is upset at the moment, but dosn't allow us sufficient time to a resolution. More than half of the complaints on this board as you can see never contacted me, so how serious can you take these accusations?

Any over charging of credit cards is always resolved, what they don't tell you is that our website automatically gets an approval code for an airline purchase, and puts the money asside. Once the ticket is issued that is when the credit card actually gets charged. Customers see two pending charges and automatically assume we have double charged, that is not the case one is an authorization and falls off within 24hours.

Refunds of airline tickets take 6-8 weeks, and that is not a Cheapoair policy. All travel companies have the same waiting period, the travel companies have an accounting process we go through called ARC we submit all refunds to this airline accounting system, they do an audit of the ticket to make sure that the ticket is actually refundable. Once this is completed it is forwarded onto the airlines, what you all seem to forget is that the airline is the one who receives your money for the tickets, travel agencies collect the cost and forward onto the airline. Now they have to send the request through their accounting department and process the refund to the credit cards. So the process is lengthy!

Majority of our customers are satisfied, the ones who are not, we try and resolve each complaint, but without customers assistance, some go unresolved. Each case regarding agent rudeness is addressed internally, we do not tolerate this type of service, and we have the ability to listen to each phone call. The agents are coached on this if we find merit, however, we have also found that some complaints of rudeness is not justified.

When chosing a travel company you can google each company out there, and you will find they all have unhappy customers!

CheapOair Customer Care's Response, Nov 03, 2008

Heather, you mentioned that we charged $90.00 in fees. The base fare you looked it may of been 25.00, however, next to the BASE PRICE it states + taxes and fees. Cheapoair.com is not charging you 90.00 in fees, our company charges a $25.00 automated processing fee, the rest is the mandated taxes that all travel agencies, and airlines collect for the sales tax, 911 security tax, the fuel sur charges, and the airport facility tax. Prior to you entering all your credit card information if you would of highlighted the area of taxes and fees it will give you the total before you go any further.

I do apologize if you were not aware of the taxes that the airline charge for airline tickets. We are obligated to collect these taxes, and report them to the airline accounting system, it is not FEES that we charge for our company's profit. Still, a ticket for $100.00 to Boston is a pretty good fare!

CheapOair Customer Care's Response, Nov 04, 2008

My Director of operations had emailed Heather requesting her to provide us with her city pairs and dates of travel. As of today, she had not sent us any information so that we could verify what she was stating is accurate. I'm not really sure what airline would offer a fare for $25.00 to Boston!

randrews@cheapoair

CheapOair Customer Care's Response, Nov 07, 2008

Heather, please forward to me the the city pairs and the dates of travel that you saw this fare for $25.00. Also, the website you booked on please advise me of that. I would like to investigate into what you have mentioned. I can't hardly believe there is an airline ticket for 25.00 that is super great!

I have family in Boston myself and would like to also check on this fare for personal reasons. The information would be very helpful in finding a satisfactory explanation regarding the fees you have mentioned.

Email the information to my email:

Cheapoair.com

CheapOair Customer Care's Response, Nov 10, 2008

Jennifer, I had already responded to your complaint via email. As I had mentioned before, the service you received from the agent has been discussed with him, therefore, we should not have an issue in the future. Also, the service fee was not charged for this booking or the cancellation of not being able to secure your flights.

As I had mentioned, we are working closely with WEST JET to improve the updating of flights, and availability in a more timely manner. we do appreciate you bringing this to our attention, but we had already begun working out the booking issues our customers have experienced.

We do appreciate your business, and I am sorry we could not accommodate your original request. Our loss, is some ones elses gain, and Cheapoair.com does regret this.

CheapOair Customer Care's Response, Nov 11, 2008

Heather, still would like the flight information to check on those taxes and fees that you were uncomfortable with.

I have looked over the internet searching for that 25.00 airfare to Boston, but can't seem to find it. Was there specific travel dates, and a specific city you had to travel from?

Any information you can provide would greatly be appreciated!

CheapOair Customer Care's Response, Nov 14, 2008

Dear Ada, your above statement stating that no one has contacted you is not so. I emailed you as soon as I saw your complaint and immediately explained the charges to you. Here is the email I sent, but you are the one who never got back to me! Also, the charges are legitimate, and I don't believe you can complete your reservation with the flights still displayed on the screen. The booking will not end with out selecting the flights dates, and entering your credit card, leaving the screen open is not going to complete the transaction. Also, our system will not change someone flights without their consent, if we did that, we would have serious issues. I also mentioned if you did not understand these charges that you did agree to them, I have a returned email from you, that you are to contact our billing department. I had also enclosed that email address for you. I do not believe you are being fare in publishing this comments, this was not a cheapoair.com mistake. Publishing false accusations that can cause harm to ones business, is unlawful, and I think it's really awful!

Subject: Re: Overcharges/tid-1571081
From: "Renee Andrews" <randrews@cheapoair.com>
Date: Thu, November 13, 2008 4:06 pm
To: "AdaLynn" <adabrewster@windstream.net>
Cc: randrews@cheapoair.com
Priority: Normal

>Dear Ada,

I have looked over the documentation on this booking and it appears that
the original charge of $578.00 was for the original reservation. The
$50.00 is the insurance that you had purchased, and the 48.00 is our
service fee that Cheapoair.com charges for the automation of your tickets.
The 1.00 will fall off, that is a cc authorization fee which checks
against fraud and to validate the cc, that should already be gone. But the
other charges were already posted to your account on Nov 3.

The exta cost I see of $828.00 is the cost for the two new tickets for the
correct dates. I also see that the agent Vincent had sent you an email
authorizing the charge. If you have any other questions regarding the
charges, you would need to speak with our billing@cheapoair.com
department. They have the accounting transactions, I only see the
documentation and the cost of the tickets.

I do apologize that no one has gotten back to you, and thank you for
contacting me. I will also forward your case onto our billing department
so they will have the information incase you need to contact them.

CheapOair Customer Care's Response, Feb 16, 2009

Mary, the fees for your infant was an error on our website and definately would of been refunded or fixed prior to you purchasing. We are not charging any international taxes for flights for domestic travel. We give you the tax grid so you can review the taxes that are charged on each ticket, that doesnt mean the internationl taxes were applicable for your flights.

Also, the taxes are determined by the airline, not Cheapoair or any travel site. We do however charge a $24.00 automation fee for the processing of your reservation. So if you remove that from the fare we quoted you, it looks like it was the same cost you paid with the airlines $397.00, so it looks to be we were not charging incorrect taxes.

CheapOair Customer Care's Response, Mar 11, 2009

Shel, once tickets have been purchased as a oneway, that is a done deal! you cannot go back later and rebook the ticket as a roundtrip, and use the original ticket. Each reservation booked has a specific price and rule, and price is determined by the original booking, after 24hours, tickets cannot be changed without fees and new airfare cost. These are airline rules, not CheapOair.com.

Oneway fares tend to be more expensive than roundtrip, so if you know you need to come back, it's best to purchase the ticket roundtrip and modify the booking later.

If you are not in the travel industry it is hard for customers to understand that there are rules pertaining to how tickets are issued and booked, we cannot change any of these to acc0mmodate our customers new request.

Refunds can take upto 6 weeks, the money has already been sent to the airline you are flying, we are the middle man, and the airlines are the ones transporting you, they receive the funds, not us or any travel company you may use. Once again, consumer awareness!

CheapOair.com or any other travel site do not control the cost of any airline ticket, the airlines price it, we sell it, bottom line.

I am sorry that your plans changed and it has caused you additonal money, and perhaps the inconvenience of waiting for a refund. Those are all issuses that we do not have control over, and was not created by anything CheapOair.com did or did not do. The hold time we are aware of, but this is a busy time of year for us with Spring break and alot of travelers calling for service. We are working on increasing our staff to accommodate the heavy call volume, and the growth of our business. I recently contacted Northwest airlines and also experienced long hold times, and one airline said they could not assist me and the line is disconnected. So there are alot of travel companies/airlines who are experiencing the same long hold times, it's the time of year, and all we can do is handle each call in a more efficient manner, and increase our staff.

If you wish to discuss this further, please email me directly at: randrews@cheapoair.com
CheapOair Customer Support

CheapOair Customer Care's Response, Mar 13, 2009

Tom, I do apologize that you over looked the automation processing fee that we have listed under the Terms and Conditions, on your final booking page, and also on a link in red TAXES AND FEES.

I am glad that you did receive a portion of the fee back.

CheapOair Customer Care's Response, Mar 30, 2009

Sent Ananda an email directly for further information.

CheapOair Customer Care's Response, Mar 31, 2009

Ananda, I had forwarded an email to you from my personal email address, but haven't heard back from you. I would like to mention that we do not change the dates on customers reservations. If any changes on the website, had caused you to go back to the begining, the calendar automatically defaults to a week out, therefore you would need to reset it.

It makes no sense for CheapOair.com to randomly change dates, just think of the amount of customer service complaints this would create. I do apologize that the date error was not caught at the finalization of your flights, because the reservation data is clearly displayed. Also, we send out 2 confirmations, both containing the flight information, and we do recommend that everyone review the confirmations for accuracy.Once 24hours has passed, we can no longer cancel or refund the cost of a ticket.

For future reference, please make sure that reservations are double checked for accuracy, so that large rebooking fees become applicable.

CheapOair Customer Care's Response, Apr 07, 2009

Notyourmama, I have addressed your issue on other sites, I believe you mentioned the dates were "changed" on your booking.

Who booked the flights via the website, we would not have any reason to make changes to ones reservation. Errors are bound to happen, and if you had put in the correct dates, and searched other options, hit the return or back button, this can cause the calendar to default to dates a week out. So that is why you have a final booking page to review all the details for accuracy, once you hit submit you have agreed that everything is accurate. I had responded to you to contact me with the booking confirmation so I can research this further.

CheapOair Customer Care's Response, Apr 21, 2009

We have looked into the above complaint and there are several factors to this complaint. First the credit card was declined, therefore no ticket could be issued. Also, airline systems cannot book "non existent" flights. All the flight information is provided by the FAA and the airline, it is all inputted into an airline data base. The airline could of had a schedule change, therefore the customer assuming we had her on a non existent flight. Also, the booking we had showed her on a different airline, not liat, it appears the teenage girls may of been at the wrong airline counter. This complaint had been forwarded onto our priority customer service department for further follow up.

CheapOair Customer Care's Response, Apr 24, 2009

Dear Wyatt, all of the information inputted into the reservation screen is soley done by the customer. CheapOair.com does not change any information regarding a reservation. I am aware that mistakes do happen, that is why we have a final reservation page for your review to verify all information is accurate prior to submitting for purchase.

If you could kindly provide me with the booking confirmation, I will glady research the $50.00 change fee.

CheapOair Customer Care's Response, Apr 28, 2009

I have been in contact with Wyatt Nevada, the above complaint has been taken care of. The reservation was made on our website and all the information came from what was provided.

Normally there is a fee to cancel and change a reservation, however, we did waive off the $50.00 fee and the customer was able to cancel the reservation and rebook correctly. This was not an error by CheapOair.com but we do realize mistakes happen!

CheapOair Customer Care's Response, Sep 09, 2009

Wakd, I believe that your language for a public site is inappropriate and I recommend you reading this article on the following link: http://online.wsj.com/article/SB124287328648142113.html

Also, if we charged you 5, 000.00 for tickets you never received, I'm sure that you didn't just let this go without further research. You can provide me with the booking confirmation and I will be glad to get to the bottom of this. In the subject line place BLOG.

email me at:

CheapOair Customer Care's Response, Sep 11, 2009

I had asked Ivonne from complaints board to remove the posting from WAKD for inppropriate language. She felt is was okay for the verbiage, but I see that she has gone to the customers posting and has added "*".

Mr. Wakd, I really would like to help you get the $5, 000.00 back if you are indeed out of the money. You have my email address so please contact me.

CheapOair Customer Care's Response, Sep 14, 2009

WAKD has yet to contact me regarding spending $5, 000.00 and did not receive anything!

randrews

CheapOair Customer Care's Response, Nov 10, 2009

Lucy, I have responded to your email immediately when you sent your feedback in to us. I am really sorry that your husbands leave caused the changes to be made. I explained to you, as well as going to the airlines website Delta, that $150.00 per person is the change fee. I also provided the link so that you yourself could go to the airlines website. The only difference in the fare was $49.00, it's the change penalties that these airlines charge. It would not of mattered who you booked this with, us, expedia, orbitz you are going to have to pay the 150.00. I believe you did contact the airline, not sure why you didn't book with them, if they were not charging you the fees!

I do apologize for your inconvenience, but this change was not of our doing and we are obligated to all the rules that pertain to the fares.

randrews

CheapOair Customer Care's Response, Dec 18, 2009

I have emailed FFH offering assistance to look into his/her matter, they have not contacted me personally. Chances are if the ticket has not gotten to them, it is an electronic ticket, but without them letting me know the details I cannot be for certain.

As for the phone lines going down, I do not believe this is intentionally, for we do not tolerate disconnecting the lines from our customers, and each case is internally researched.

There are other means of contacting us for assistance. We have a feedback@cheapoair.com email that is monitored 24/7, I personally review the emails as well as several other individuals. We also have a live chat support link that can be connected from our contact page of our website. If you are unable to reach us due to the very high call volume at this time, please try one of the other methods for immediate assistance.

CheapOair Customer Care's Response, Feb 16, 2010

Dear Little Nell, I do apologize for the inconvenience, but if you could provide me with your booking confirmation I would like to research this further. The total price you agree to, should be the total amount for both airlines for they are priced together.

There must be something more to this pricing discrepancy, we do not charge you more than what was agree to without your approval. Please email me at randrews@cheapoair.com put Blog in the subject line, and make sure you have provided your 7 digit booking confirmation.

CheapOair Customer Care's Response, Feb 18, 2010

This is a follow up regarding Littel Nell. I emailed this customer directly from this website, as well as posted her to contact me. To this day she has not!

Perhaps the customer has realized her mistake, and the issue has been cleared up by our billing team, so she is not in need of further assistance from us.

CheapOair Customer Care's Response, Mar 30, 2010

Mr. Thompson,

Thank you for checking with CheapOair.com. The lowest fares are always capacity controlled. That means that there are a given number of seats available on any given day for the lowest price. Once the availability for a specific class of service is sold out, and then the price rises. You have everyone pulling from the same inventory, and at times the airlines cannot keep up with all the travel sites out there. Also, we don't have a Bob that works in our company, so I cannot question his customer service level. CheapOair.com does regret the inconvenience, and hope that you are successful with your flights.

CheapOair Customer Care's Response, Nov 03, 2011

Dear Custome, I just sent you an email. Waiting to hear back from you so I can further assist you with this.

CheapOair Customer Care's Response, Nov 23, 2012

Dear Customer, we would like the opportunity to assist you with a complaint you must have. You can email us at sm@cheapoair.com your 8 digit booking number, and details of the complaint. We are a priority customer service team that handles cases unresolved to our customers satisfaction.

Place blog in the subjectl ine. We look forward to assisting you!

Cheapoair
Customer Support

Comments

Ma
  23rd of Feb, 2007

Follow up: it is now less than 24 hours before the flight. I have spent hours on line and on hold trying to resolve this. Here's a clue: one may call their service number at any time and just hang on for an operator. Ignore the 9 am to 9 pm restrictions. My best live contacts were at 7:30 am and 12:30 am (just after midnight). I think from the background chatter that the call center is in India. The first tier folks are indeed courteous and they try to be helpful, but one needs to advance to the 2nd tier, and they seem to keep to a New York City time schedule.

Today they tell me my ticket will be issued by 9:30 am New York time, but it will cost me $50 more. This has been stressful. I still don't really believe I'm going.

Mu
  23rd of Feb, 2007

I just wanted to say that I am also having trouble with them. In short, they double-booked my flight and haven't reimbursed me for $1400 dollars.

Ls
  1st of Mar, 2007

STAY AWAY FROM THIS TRAVEL AGENCY!!!

I have had all of the above problems + more.

I booked a discounted, yet still expensive, $3K biz class ticket abroad. When calling the airline to confirm and get a seat assignment, was told it was only an economy seat. After many days calling and emailing, this was finally corrected-- most quickly corrected when I tried to file a complaint on their positive-remarks-only customer comments board! (The comment wasn't posted, but I got the problem corrected). Then, I was double-charged the $3K on my credit card -- no reply from CheapoAir yet on that, but I have filed a dispute with my credit card company.

Lastly and unfortunately, due to a family medical emergency, I now have to cancel the trip. When I call the airline for policies (as directed to do on my e-ticket), the airline will not discuss it and only send me back to CheapoAir. Have been trying to reach someone at CheapoAir for over one week, with no luck.

An
  8th of Mar, 2007

I completely agree with the complaints. Here is my story with them:

I would like to share my experience with this company to warn you never to make the mistake and book a flight with that company. It all started yesterday morning when I learned that my grandmother had deceased and I was looking for a reasonable ticket to fly to attend the funeral on Saturday.

I checked the internet for bereavement fares and also called some airlines, but $1000 was the best they could do. So I checked online and stumbled across the website. I found a flight with United Airlines for incredible $600. When I clicked to confirm the price, at the bottom of the page I could enter my credit card info and traveler's info. So I did that and hit the book button. After 10 seconds the confirmation window popped up and I had my first close heart attack: instead of my chosen United flight a Delta flight for $1700 was confirmed on totally different dates. That flight wasn't even an option on the search results page. Right away I called their hotline. After 10 minutes I was redirected to an answering machine where I left a message. I also sent an online inquiry to their customer service. I checked my credit card which had a temp authorization of the outrageous amount. I called Bank of America but they told me they cannot dispute a charge until it becomes a charge, also Delta, who supposedly was my airline, knew nothing of the charge. After 130 minutes on the phone (there goes 130 minutes of free minutes for March), they finally called back. The woman didn't say sorry but agreed on changing the flight. The $600 couldn't be found, so we agreed on a flight for $772, which should have left today at 2pm for Frankfurt. It took one hour to clarify what she needs to make these changes. During the phone call we exchanged emails. Hubbie and I printed out what she needed (cancellation of expensive flight, cc auth for new flight) and faxed it to the number she asked us to. She said after an 1 or 2 we will receive via email the confirmation and e-ticket number as well as that the charges were taken off the cc.

After 90 minutes I sent her an email if the flight was confirmed, and she answered YES. I felt uneasy about it while I packed and started to call their hotline again. After 2.5 hours trying to reach someone (hubbie on his phone, me on mine) my mother in law simultaneously tried to call them from CA. Their hotline closes at 9pm. It was 8:50pm when she got through and helped us to talk to them. After quite some time, 20 minutes on the phone, my MIL learned that the ticket never was confirmed. The airline only issues paper tickets if the ticket is booked less than 48 hours prior to departure, and obviously there is no time to get the ticket to us on time, and that is why it never was confirmed. The person on the phone assured MIL that the temp authorization was taken back.

After that we still called around but couldn't find any acceptable fare.

I checked my cc online and the temp auth is still there. 10 minutes ago the woman who "sold" us the ticket yesterday called me that she had the ticket now and I could fly. After asking her if this is true, the flight she has turned out to be tomorrow (which is too late since I would arrive after the funeral), and after I said that it was too late, the flight she offered me suddenly would leave tonight at 7pm. I said I don't want to fly anymore and don't appreciate getting my hopes up, and I really hope the charges on my cc will disappear.

I really feel very sad and angry, since they knew right from the beginning that I was purchasing a bereavement fare. I spent so much time on the phone just to be lied at and still no money refund. I am very anxious about that.

Please never ever book through that company, it will just give you grief.

St
  24th of Apr, 2007

I have some complaints about CheopoAir, and I never even got a ticket!

I tried to book a flight to Spain, and amazingly, they were offering flights for just $800 after taxes, when everyone else was over $1100. The flight times and connections looked right, so I typed in my personal information and debit card number and pushed book. Instead of booking a flight, a message popped up saying that in rare instances, the flight requested is overbooked and no longer available, so I'd need to try again with another flight. Never mind that that same flight kept coming up as an available flight.

So I tried again with a different flight. Same result. Again. Same result. In total, I tried 8 different times. Eventually I called customer service and asked them. After 45 minutes with a very rude representative, he said he found a flight... the original one! When I asked how he would be able to book it when it was oversold, he ignored the question and kept asking for my credit card number. I don't give out my debit card number over the phone, so I said I was no longer interested. He kept talking, trying to convince me, right until I hung up.

A few days after that, I checked my account balance, and I had been billed $1 eight separate times-- "Airline Taxes." They charged me $1 for each of the eight times I unsuccessfully tried to book a flight! I called customer service AGAIN, and they told me they could reimburse me...if I'd send them my last bank statement with my account number. NO THANK YOU! I probably said some four-letter word, then hung up. I decided to take the $8 charge instead of handing out my bank account number to someone halfway across the world.

Va
  11th of May, 2007

Cheapoair is just that a company that runs a cheap on its customer by giving one rate but when you get the bill it's a totally extreme overpriced rate. I declined insurance for the flight but I was charged insurance rates on the tickets I purchased. The customer service line is always busy so you never get a chance to speak to a person to discuss the problem. I even did an email inquiry and simple received a message that I agreed to pay these outlandish rates. If you want cheap tickets save yourself a lot of money and don't waste time or money with CHEAPOAIR.COM

Ca
  17th of May, 2007

CheapoAir.com has the absolute worst customer service of any company I have ever dealt with. They took all the fun out of booking a vacation. They changed up my flights after I submitted my credit card. They charged my card 300.00 more than I had agreed to pay. They do not answer calls, they do not return messages, they do not respond to customer complaints. When I did finally reach someone (in India I think) she hung up on me- stay away... book elsewhere...

Ni
  26th of May, 2007

Dear Sourav, I have been getting the run around and being charged more for a flight I booked yesterday. I was confirmed 897.40 for a return flight with insurance and taxes and fees included. It took them forever to do a 3rd party CC confirmation.

I called back since I couldn't get my eticket but was told that I would have it in 2-3 hours then I was charged $ 70.00 more. This is ridiculous... 3.5 hours later, still no e-ticket and I leave in a few hours to get to Vermont to catch my flight.

I am LIVID because I called again and was told that nothing was in the system and someone would call me in 15 minutes. NO ONE has called.

Can you please fix this ASAP?? I found your email on a complaints board. PS, please make sure that there better not be any over charges as others complained.I am really worried about Cheapoair and your services.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Ni
  27th of May, 2007

The saga continues: Received a nice reply email from Sourav a little too late.

Meantime however, I called the company once more. At this time I had spent a total of 5 hrs on the phone with these people getting a run around.

Still no e-ticket so I called back. They had confirmed the e-ticket was in process, that the CC was fine and I'd receive everything within another hour. It was all BS.I waited and had to call back.

Finally I threatened the young woman who finally spoke English decent enough to be understood that there'd be hell to pay if I got disconnected again, passed to someone else or told it was being process but with more charges. I am put on hold while she looks into it only to come back and tell me that the CC did not go through.

Well, no wonder, the person taking the CC info would hardly speak English in the first place. Now, why was this not told to us 16 hrs earlier instead of being given excuses and adding more charges to the flight price?

A lot of trouble could have been avoided and I could have had time to get a decent company to deal with instead of with a company who's people are surrounded with so much noise that nothing can be heard and everything needed to be repeated 20 times over.

Although, I do have to say that one of their staff members " Mabel" was a sweetheart, however, it was a little too late for her to fix everything. As you can see, I never got to fly out since we had run out of time for me to leave in the first place. I thank GOD they had the wrong CC info and my day was totally shot spent on the phone.

My thanks further go to United airlines. I called them twice over the frustration which probably costs them more trouble and time spent on customer service. If not for them confirming that no tickets was purchased I would have waited till the 7th hour to get upset enough to demand answers.

This experience begs the question, why do Airline companies still allow companies like Cheapoair to book their flights when so many people has been taken to the cleaners on bad procedures, ethics and customer service? They should be banned immediately.

So buyer beware to stay away because the first indications should be "You get what you pay for" - No toll free number, huge language barriers, noisy Call Center, terrible Customer Service, bad CC handling and over-charges (from others experiences) = Complete Misrepresentation of all Online ticket agents and Airline companies.

2nd of Jun, 2007

Unfortunately I can also tell a story about cheapoair. I booked a flight from Los Angeles to Munich. After a long discussion about my credit card and if I can use an international card they agreed to book the flight. One week before the flight date I had to cancel the flight. On the phone I was assured that for the case of cancellation I would hold the credit on a United airlines flight. I requested a confirmation E-Mail but never got one. So I called again, but couldn't get a hold of anybody. I now tried it for three months. Once in a while I have the chance to talk to a representative who then tells me that he has to check that and will then call me back. Of course no one ever called back. So I started to write E-Mails. Some were not answered at all, some said I do hold the credit, some that I can use it till December and other ones that I would have had to use it within one week. Now that I am trying to call them again, because I want to use the credit nobody can tell me if the credit still exists. And of course they found another restriction for me. Now they say I have to use the credit, if it exists, what they can`t tell me right now, for a flight between the same two cities. I guess the next time I'll have to use the same plane as originally planned. I feel as if there were playing a game or are just disqualified. About the reachability I don`t even want to say a word. Did anyone ever have such an experience and how did you handle this situation. I am thinking about getting a lawyer. What do you think?

Il
  5th of Jun, 2007

I also booked 4 tickets with cheapo air.com from Orlando to Frankfurt> After booking on the so called secured websided the next morning I had 10.400 dollars in airline charges on my credit card which my credit company can verify. They called they next morning to verify the charges, which they thank god did not clear. A few hours later cheapo air called concerned because their charge was not cleared. Foolishly I gave them my cc and paid for the four tickets. We waited 2 weeks for the tickets. My daughter unfortunately decided to fly earlier. So we called cheapo air to change the ticket after a 1 hour hold i finally spoke with Sandra who changed the date and told me that I had to return my daughters ticket via Fed Ex within 2 days once she received the ticket, which they signed for may 22nd, I would receive a new ticked in the mail right away, I spoke with 4 agents since then which all promised to help and tell me the ticket is in the mail, well it is june 5th and the departure is coming closer without a ticket.

Do
  7th of Jun, 2007

I have been trying to contact cheapoair for the past week by phone, left messages, and no return call. I think this company or person (1) needs to get off this planet earth...

Customer service sucks...

Ro
  22nd of Jun, 2007

I have some thing positive to say about about Cheapoair, I used them 3 times for my flights to the UK and Germany. All the times the fares were at least 30% cheaper than Expedia and Travelocity. I purchased the tickets and got my confirmation immediately. I never made any changes so can not speak about their customer service.

The airfares were great, the confirmation was immediate, the Booking was instant. I loved to use them and will continue using them. Just my 2 cents.

Roger.

Su
  3rd of Jul, 2007

I also had a problem with cheap-0-air do not book with these people. I work for an airline and have seen plenty of customers stuck without a ticket. I am with a lady right now who has been on the phone with them for two hours, been hung up on three times and currently has no ticket. She booked a flight to HNL with a month old infant and a six year old. When she got to the airport she was not ticketed. The airline called first and they hung up on us but apparently looked at her reservation and saw they had not ticketed her and refunded the money (minus a service charge)back to her account. They have told her it will appear back in her account in six days and while she is at the airport she can make her own travel arrangements. At this point they have refused to allow her to speak to a supervisor or manager. The cheapest ticket she can buy is $400 more and she does not have her original $1,200 back in her account yet. Do not book through these people.

Bi
  8th of Jul, 2007

cheapo air .com is exactly what your paying for cheap prices = cheap service and a cheap product! i know i got burned $3400.00 dollars buy them and their bull when i booked a trip ot greece with my wife and two kids to find out that two days before our trip that the cheap air fairs were not avalible any more and our tickets were cancelled by the airline of coures?.i was put in the position by them that after months of plannig booking hotels and contacting family ,that the chance of us not going had become real. this story did not end well so for the people at cheapo air .com untl the federal goverment can doe something to make sure companys like yours follow consumer laws i would stay far away from this service you have a 50% chance of getting what you payed for! just remeber this you get what you pay for!!! spend the xtra money and enjoy your trip peace of mind is worth more than any savings ,

To
  13th of Jul, 2007

On February 21st of this year I purchased two round trip international tickets. However before my friend and I could embark on our travel plans together unforeseen events caused my friend to have to cancel the trip. I immediately contacted CheapoO Air and was told that a refund of the unused ticket would not be a problem as long as I didn’t mind paying a service charge. Such service charges are standard so I had no problem accepting this. I was charged the fee within 48 hours but after waiting 4 months I still have not been refunded to ticket price!! I have made numerous calls and emails. All of my calls are responded to with the story that my refund is “being processed” or “I will check and call you back.” All of my emails are responded with a generic form letter that doesn’t address my problem at all! I strongly suggest that you DO NOT you this travel agency when booking any tickets!!!

Le
  25th of Jul, 2007
CheapoAir.com - Excessive service charge

I booked a ticket on Cheapoair yesterday to Portland Or. The price quote was pretty low for Thanksgiving travel w/ a note saying that there would be further taxes and "service fees". Which is pretty normal. However when the final total came up I was charged over $100.00! My ticket was no longer a bargain, but part of the norm. I could have probably gone with someone like Orbitz and ended up with the same cost for my ticket.

And now that I have read these previous postings, I am wondering if I am going to get to Portland at all! Has any0ne investigated these people?

Jo
  26th of Jul, 2007

I never even got to the completed booking stage. They offered very competitive fares but each time I tried to book it told me that ticket was sold out. Again and again and again. Well why SHOW that far in the search list if it cannot be booked?? What a waste of time.

Sa
  15th of Aug, 2007

Interesting posts. I've used them twice and never had any problems. I always find that I only go to forums to complain, but I'm now trying to be more of an optimist :)

I can't really say that there was anything overwhelming wonderful about the company, but they did everything I would expect. They took the reservation, booked it, and sent a confirmation, and I got the cheapest flight I could find.

Sorry to hear about your problems and hope it all worked out.

28th of Aug, 2007

I would rant and rave about this company if i had the energy but after being on hold for over 10 hours, being hung up on 5 times, not being able to understand their reps due to bad phone connection (they are on a VOIP telephone line that is terrible) and 7 credit card charges for their time (airline fees and taxes they call them...) i just don't have the energy to say anything more than simply do not deal with this company.