Cheapoair / ticket flights

Ontario, Canada

I would have never thought that in the 21st Century, companies are allowed to scam. This is by far the worse experience I had ever had when booking a flight. Long story short:

February 18 - booked online a round trip to Europe, departure April 2014, return September 15 (as I am doing research in Europe, I will spend the summer there).
Next day, February 19- I receive a phone call from customer service telling me that although I have received email confirmation and basically made the payment, the booking didn't went through due to some flight changes applied while I was booking.
I then book another flight, over the phone, with a customer service. I asked if I will be able to change flight dates in case I need to (since as a research graduate student anything can came up and delay for a few days my trip plans). She said that if I am willing to pay the differences I will be able to adjust my fight accordingly. She did not specify a price but I thought that whatever the price is going to be, if I need to adjust flight dates according to schedule changements, I will). Two weeks later, the bad luck comes. I receive an email telling me that I have to postpone a little my research plans.
I called CheapOAir to make the adjustments...and:
They kept me on the phone for 7 hours
Then they told me that I have to call Lufthansa because they are the ones who can help me
I call Lufthansa, they laugh in my face and direct me back to CheapOAir.
I then call CheapOAir, stay on the phone for another 3 more hours, and they tell me nothing can be done.
I ask to speak with a supervisor, after an hour or so they finally put me though.
The supervisor keeps on the phone for another two or so hours and then tells me that he will be calling me back in 48 hours.
I wait, and wait, and wait, for almost a week. Nothing...I was being ignored.
I CALL BACK AND I AM LUCKY ENOUGH TO SPEAK WITH THE SAME SUPERVISOR (AFTER I WAS ON THE PHONE WAITING TO BE TRANSFRED FOR LIKE TEO HOURS) AS I CLEARLY RECOGNIZED HIS ACCENT AND THIS TONE OF VOICE AND I COULD TELL HE RECOGNIZED ME TOO BUT FOR SOME REASON HE PRETENDED HE DIDN'T.
Anyways, he then tells me that the ticket is non refundable and non adjustable. I read him the booking policy that they sent me which says:

Baggage Fees : Most airlines now impose baggage fees. Please click the Baggage and Carry On Fees link for complete details and click to check fare rules.

Please note: As Airlines have frequent schedule changes, please call the Airline 24 hours before departure to reconfirm your flight details. Airline Phone Numbers

Your ticket is NON-REFUNDABLE . For any changes to dates or routing, please call our Customer Service. These changes may have airline penalty and our fees. Some flights may be completely NON CHANGEABLE even with an airline penalty.

Passport / Visa : For international travel, all passengers must be in possession of valid travel documents such as ticket, passport, visas, transit visas, Schengen Visas and all other entry permits. Your passport must be valid for 6 months after your return date. While sometimes we may be able to assist with visa and passport information, it is solely the responsibility of the passenger(s) to arrange for all documents needed to enter the country you are traveling to, or passing through in transit.
US Passport Holder Information
Canadian Passport Holder Information
Other Passport Holder
* Please check the Terminal information directly with the airline, as this may change prior to departure without notice.

What bugs me is this : "Some flights may be completely NON CHANGEABLE even with an airline penalty" because I clearly asked and double checked with the lady on the phone if I can adjust, contra cost, my ticket dates. And she said YES.

What is this then? Poor customer service is nothing. They deliberately give you misleading info until you book. After that comes the ugly truth. STAY OUT OF CHEAP O AIR. FOR $ 100, OR $ 200 SAVINGS, IS NOT WORTH IT. I LEARNED MY LESSON. NO MORE CHEAPOAIR.

Mo