Cheapoair / overbilling and fraud!

213 West 35th Street Ste 1201New York, NY, United States Review updated:
Phone: 212-478-0335

On February 3rd 2008 we purchased 2 tickets to the Phillippines totaling $2400. Customer service was OK during the payment phase. Later, on the 5th of February, 2008 we noticed we were billed 2 other charges totaling $1019.80, with no explanation. We used our Visa CheckCard, and my checking account was drained completely from that overcharge. We have tried continuously for 3 days to contact Customer Service with no luck, and no explanations of the charges. They were confirmed by our credit union as charged by CheapOair. When they returned my call about the overcharges, the caller I.D. had the name "JEN NY", rather than Cheapoair. The fly-by-night company has made no effort to reimburse the unauthorized charges. Because I am a police officer I suspected fraud after seeing the charges, and other information that raised red flags. I have contacted the Virginia Attorney General's office and intend to file criminal fraud charges against Cheapoair and it's parent companies and officers by February 10th. No further calls have been returned by the company and it is obvious they have caller I.D. as they have not answered ANY calls I have made to the "billing office". I am still out $1019.80. Please stay away from this "company".

Comments

12th of Feb, 2008
I purchased tickets from CheapOAir which I cancelled, and rebooked due to an error of dates. When my Discover Card came, I found charges to ALL of the tickets-even the cancelled ones. 3 months of phone calls and emails have NOT settled the fraudulent charges. They are a bogus company to be avoided.
BoodingBuddy.com does a disservice to their customers by offering this booking site.
Ev
  14th of Feb, 2008
They got us also, took us for over $1100 and still can't seem to get in touch with them. Overbilled us and then -- POOF! Gone.
Wu
  29th of Apr, 2009
I ahve similar issue. I was trying to save money, and I ended up loosing more money and very important business meting. I hope this company to be closed completely.

______________________________________________

I have notice there are many honest travelers like me who trusted you and purchased a ticket, and I read all horror story about your service. I am glad I joined those people who are commenting about your business, and you will also soon here from my lawyer to get all my money back. You will see the following comment with more detail information that will be posted on all social network.
February 11, 2009 I booked the flight to go to Ethiopia from Boston. I paid $1100.00 for round trip by credit card and received itinerary that clearly shows the flight details as follows:

Lufthansa Flight 1530 E90

Frankfurt (FRA)
Addis Ababa (ADD) 10:05am -21Mar, Sat
08:25pm -21Mar, Sat 1 Stop

Airline reservation ID: 36Y7AS
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
On march 20, I went to Lufthansa International and after 45 minutes, I approached the desk clerk and he was not able to find my name in the system. After a while he notices the small print that says operated by Untied Airways, and told me to go to domestic flight. Now to start with I have been late to be at the Airport, now I have to take the shuttle service to go to Domestic flight. The settle bus took too long and at the time I was mad and angry that due to the misprint information I was directed to a wrong place. I went to domestic and checked in, security check-in took time, and finally I went to the Gate and the gate was closed. US Airways, agent tried to book me on the next flight, but there was no connection flight from Philadelphia to Frankfurt. So they advised me to call CHEAPOAIR(the name says it all, I should probably call them CHEATTERS O AIR), I called them and was on line for more than one hour, and this clerk keeps telling me I am considered NO-SHOW, when in fact my bag is already gone to Philadelphia. I begged this guy to help me arrange my flight, but left me on line with their horrible commercial message that keeps repeating the same commercial and very annoying!.

This agent never back to me, and here I am standing in the airport n where to go, and cost me money I paid for hotel in Addis Ababa, and all pr-arranged very important business I supposed to attend.

I kept calling them, but they know how to say we are sorry and keeps telling me we will get back to you soon, but never respond to me. I finally confront to one of supervisor VERONA, and she said we cannot refund because I am considered no show!

The fact is, they are the reason I missed my flight again due to mis-print information. I am discussing the case with my Lawyer and I also learned I am not the only person with this issue and they have been known with this kind of misleading information.

CheapOair Logo CheapOair