[Resolved] Cheapoair / billing/cancellation policy

1 CO, United States

Booked hotel on 12/16 for 12/19 & 20
Snowed out on 12/18;
Tried to cancel and after over an hour on hold I find I needed to cancel within 8 hours of booking or there is a one night + service fees charge.

Outrageous!!!

Don't do business with these people

• Resolution statement

• CheapOair Customer Care's Response, Jan 02, 2009

Dear Sir, I do apologize for you not being able to keep your plans. I would like to state that the cancelation penalties are imposed directly by the individual hotels, not Cheapoair. We sell the hotel rooms and provide you with the rules for cancellation via your email confirmation.

The hotel room could of been canceled directly with the hotel if you were not able to make your reserved dates. If you could provide me with your booking confirmation, I can check with the hotel and see if they are willing to refund the money due to weather conditions.

I cannot guarantee that they will waive it, being it's their busy season, and they could of resold the room. But it's worth a shot!

Send the booking confirmation to:randrews@cheapoair.com

• CheapOair Customer Care's Response, Jan 09, 2009

Never heard back from the above customer regarding his complaint. I will assume he has accepted the explanation.

Randrews@cheapoair.com