[Resolved] Cheapoair / billing/cancellation policy
Booked hotel on 12/16 for 12/19 & 20
Snowed out on 12/18;
Tried to cancel and after over an hour on hold I find I needed to cancel within 8 hours of booking or there is a one night + service fees charge.
Don't do business with these people
Customer care service did everything in their power to resolve this complaint. All attempts to contact the complainant have failed. Therefore, this complaint has been annulled and must not be considered where image of the company in question and it's services are concerned.
CheapOair Customer Care's Response, Jan 02, 2009
Dear Sir, I do apologize for you not being able to keep your plans. I would like to state that the cancelation penalties are imposed directly by the individual hotels, not Cheapoair. We sell the hotel rooms and provide you with the rules for cancellation via your email confirmation.
The hotel room could of been canceled directly with the hotel if you were not able to make your reserved dates. If you could provide me with your booking confirmation, I can check with the hotel and see if they are willing to refund the money due to weather conditions.
I cannot guarantee that they will waive it, being it's their busy season, and they could of resold the room. But it's worth a shot!
Send the booking confirmation to:email@example.com
CheapOair Customer Care's Response, Jan 09, 2009
Never heard back from the above customer regarding his complaint. I will assume he has accepted the explanation.
More Cheapoair Complaints & Reviews
- [Resolved] CheapoAir.com - is there some sort of meltdown going on! 
- [Resolved] CheapoAir.com and Travelation.com - bait and switch! 
- Cheapoair - airfare cancellation fee made online within 24 hours 
- [Resolved] Cheapoair - fraud and poor customer service!
- CheapoAir.com - charge for seat assignment & lousy customer service 
- Cheapoair - didn't offer refund or alternative options when flight was cancelled - very poor customer service
- [Resolved] Cheapoair - flight
- Cheapoair - not existing flight with non existing seats
- Cheapoair - asking for a refund with a medical certificate! 
- Cheapoair - air ticket