[Resolved] Cheapoair / cancellation fee
booking number [protected]
I booked 3 airline tickets with CheapOair on aug 9, 2017 and had to make a cancellation due to an itinerary change. I requested the cancellation within approximately 5 hours after booking online. The company charges a $75 fee per ticket for a total of $225. It was my understanding that current regulations allow for cancellation with 24 hours without penalty which is the policy with priceline.com and the airline companies. I did not see anything on the cheapOair website prior to my purchase to indicate fee for cancellation/change. I am requesting a FULL refund of the $225 which I feel is an excess amount considering my cancelation was well within an acceptable time.
Customer care service did everything in their power to resolve this complaint. All attempts to contact the complainant have failed. Therefore, this complaint has been annulled and must not be considered where image of the company in question and it's services are concerned.
CheapOair Customer Care's Response, Aug 09, 2017
Dear Sir/Madam, the 24 hour cancellation policy we do follow and it allows you to cancel and receive a refund of the purchase, however, it does not state that we cannot charge a fee for the cancellation. Service fees can be accessed by any travel site, and do not have to follow guidelines of other companies, or airlines. We do advise you on the booking page that we allow cancellations within 24 hours for a fee, and this can be found right above the book button. If you have any questions regarding where you can find this, let us know, and we will forward the information to you.
More Cheapoair Complaints & Reviews
- [Resolved] CheapoAir.com - is there some sort of meltdown going on! 
- [Resolved] CheapoAir.com and Travelation.com - bait and switch! 
- Cheapoair - airfare cancellation fee made online within 24 hours 
- [Resolved] Cheapoair - fraud and poor customer service!
- CheapoAir.com - charge for seat assignment & lousy customer service 
- [Resolved] Cheapoair - ticket non - change ruse
- [Resolved] Cheapoair - refund fee
- [Resolved] Cheapoair - customer service
- Cheapoair Website - bait & switch
- Cheapoair - this company is a scam! do not purchase your tickets from them!