[Resolved] Cheapoair / excessive fees, deceptive pricing
Like others here who have complained about CheapOair, I found what I thought was a good deal only to discover upon reaching the purchase screen that its fees and taxes amounted to nearly $100 per ticket, that is a third of the total purchase for two tickets.
It's at least questionable to me that CheapOair chooses to display flights without a real indication of the true cost and, more troubling, charges a sky-high $25 service fee per ticket, five times what the leading discount travel sites charge. Ostensibly this is for premium customer service, but as we've all seen here, CheapOair appears to have service far inferior to what travel site customers have come to expect. I'd like to see CheapOair respond to these complaints and justify their fee structure. The company doesn't even publish an 800 number.
Customer care service did everything in their power to resolve this complaint. All attempts to contact the complainant have failed. Therefore, this complaint has been annulled and must not be considered where image of the company in question and it's services are concerned.
Dear Mr. Crawford,
I am sorry that you have concerns about Cheapoair service fees, if you would email me I would be glad to discuss this with you. Cheapoair does not have control over the taxes and fees that are imposed by the airlines, we provide a complete breakdown of the fees that are charged by the airlines and us, you can view this on our booking page under "taxes and fees". Like most websites and airlines they charge fees for all services rendered.
Please feel free to contact me regarding this further:
More Cheapoair Complaints & Reviews
- [Resolved] CheapoAir.com - is there some sort of meltdown going on! 
- [Resolved] CheapoAir.com and Travelation.com - bait and switch! 
- Cheapoair - airfare cancellation fee made online within 24 hours 
- [Resolved] Cheapoair - fraud and poor customer service!
- [Resolved] CheapoAir.com - overcharge and poor customer service! 
- Cheapo Air - website
- [Resolved] Cheapoair - air tickets refund of booking 49056444
- Cheapoair - cancelled my international flight
- [Resolved] Cheapoair - did not disclose the cancellation fee.
- Cheapoair - customer service for the sake of making sales and commission she made me book tickets.