CheapDomains.com.au / No refund for unregistered domain!

1 Australian Capital Territory, Australia Review updated:

This company is a fraud. After you register a domain it needs to go through a third party. Your domain is still unregistered as they do not register in real time so there is risk of your domain being registered by another company. Therefore you should only register with a registrar that can give you immediate confirmation and registration of your domain. They have not refunded the domain fees, so this is another issue and their service reps do not respond in a timely manner.

Beware of cheapdomains.com.au Do not use this company unless you want to lose your money.

Do

Comments

• De
      20th of Apr, 2008

biggest ripp off online domains

Hello all,

I'm trying to contact www.cheapdomains.com.au but they are not replying to my emails, and their phone always goes to an automated message saying "Please call back during business hours" even though it's midday. Their website is working fine though.

I made a domain name transfer with them 2 weeks ago and they still haven't actioned it. Thanks to them, my domain name is now in limbo, but that didn't stop them from deducting from my credit card!

So my question is: have they gone bust or something or is this just their typical service??

Does anyone know what is going on with them? I've searched the forums and the news archive but can't find any mention of them.

17th of Nov, 2008

I'm trying to update details under "Manage Account". Nothing will change. I tried to call them about it, they say "It's changed" but it isn't. I asked them for the key to transfer my domain to another provider, they said they'd send it, but the email came through blank. Second time I requested it, and I'm still waiting. Awful, awful company. Avoid at all costs. NOTHING updates in real time.

• Mi
      25th of Oct, 2010

I have my website with www.cheapdomains.com.au and it has been down for 4 days now, I cannot contact them and it is the official launch of my website, extremely dissapointed and losing money!!