Cheap Trips.com / Failed to receive refund!

1 Helena, MT, United States Review updated:

In September 2007, I received a membership package from Cheaptrips. After reviewing what it was offering, I decided it would not be feasible to keep the membership so I called within the 30 day time frame to have my credit card credited and was told to send my request in writing which I did immediately. It is now January 2008, and after numerous phone calls in which a rep told me that the supervisor will contact me, I have yet to hear from the supervisor. This company is stealing from trusting people!!

I am disgusted with their scam!

Comments

Li
  30th of Mar, 2008

Like you Helena are many, many persons. Cheaptrips.com is a fraud, is a scam.The supervisor is Tiona Chistensen the phone number is (208) 726-8469 /726-2212.Cheaptrips location is in Sun Valley Idaho, but they are moving in this moment to New Jersey, and they are using other name to scam persons in others states of the country.

To everybody BE CAREFUL WITH CHEAPTRIPS.COM or other travel scam company.

Je
  17th of Apr, 2008

I ALSO SIGNED UP FOR THEIR MEMBERSHIP AND RECIEVED 4 FREE TRAVEL VOUCHERES. THE REP KNEW THAT I LIVED IN HAWAII SO OBVIOUSLY WOULD BE FLYING OUT FROM HERE. WHEN I ATTEMPTED TO USE MY VOUCHERES THEY TOLD ME THAT IT'S ONLY VALID FLYING FROM THE MAINLAND TO ANY OF THE DESTINATIONS LISTED. I AM VERY DISAPPOINTED AND AM NOW GOING THROUGH THE SAME PROCESS TRYING TO GET MY MONEY BACK...

Ja
  5th of Aug, 2008

I am in the same boat as everyone else with a refund. I actually though just had a supervisor call me and he said he would call me tomorrow when he had my information in front of him. I guess we will see if that happens. They owe me a lot of money and I am also disgusted that I fell for this scam.

Pa
  11th of Oct, 2008

I also got caught in the Cheap Trips scam. They lied when they sold you the package. When everything was sent back they told me I was on the refund list and that it would show up on the next billing. It has never been refunded. There shold be something that we should be able to do in filing against such criminal tactics. They have hurt a lot of people.

Sh
  5th of Jan, 2009

Cheap trips also scammed me out of money. They made it all sound so appealing on the phone, but when I received the packet, I was very surprised! As others know, in order to get the free tickets, you have to spend a ton of money in one of their choice hotels for a week minimum. Who in the world would spend thousands of dollars trying to save a few hundred??
I sent the packet back, and like everyone else, have not received my refund. Furthermore, I have quit checking my credit card to see if its there! Does anyone out there know the steps to filing a class action lawsuit against this so called company? I think there are a lot of people who would join in.

Ju
  29th of Jan, 2009

THE SAME THING HAS HAPPENED TO ME AND IT'S BEEN 4 MONTHS AND STILL NO REFUND.

JUDY BELL 1/28/09

Te
  11th of Feb, 2009

I, also am going through the same thing, originally they debited my account twice, I did manage to get a supervisor to refund one, because I had only asked for one, when I recieved the packet in the mail and seen what a ripoff it was, I called back and was informed to send the packet back within 30 days for a refund on that one, That was Dec, 24th 2008. Then they told me they never received the packet and that I had been credited all I was going to receive. They had closed my account. BS! I have been dealing with a supervisor named Chris, but for the last 2 weeks, I cannot get through and no one will return my calls. I have a letter from my bank stating they debited my account twice and only refunded one. I am now in the process of filling out a disputed item form through my bank and just left a threatening message, to no avail. I just today, stumbled upon all these web pages of other people with this scam. I had no idea, I thought it was only me. Good luck to everyone, but I am not giving up yet. Scammed in, Missouri

Bl
  13th of Feb, 2009

I have been receiving telephone calls daily from cheaptrips.com.I am not interested in what they want to steal from me I just want them to stop calling me.I would take them to court to stop them if I knew how to do it.

Sa
  1st of Apr, 2009
Cheap Trips.com - failure to return refund
Cheap trips
Portsmouth
Virginia

I WAS COERCED TO PURCHASE A VACATION PACKAGE BY A PERSON BY THE NAME OF CHRIS, WHO CLAIM TO BE THE SUPERVISOR. I ALSO SPOPKE TO MS. THERESA, DAVID AND ANOTHER MAN. WHEN I TOLD THEM THAT I COULD NOT USE THIS PACKAGE, I WAS INFORMED TO RETURN IT AND I WOULD GET MY REFUND OF $49.95 (PARTIAL PAMENT) I DID RETURN THE COMPLETE PACKAGE BUT HAVE NOT RECEIVED MY REFUND, HOWEVER, I DID CINTACT THE BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU, AND THEY HAVE NOT BEEN SUCCESSFUL IN CONTACTING THIS COMPANY. THEREFORE, I AM CONTACTING MY ATTORNEY AND LET HIM SETTLE THIS MATTER THROUGH THE SMALL CLAIMS COURT. I WANT MY MONEY, AND IF YOUR COMPANY WAS NOT REAL, THEY SHOULD NOT HAVE CALLED ME, AND SEND ME A FAKE PACKAGE KNOWING THAT IT WAS NO GOOD. I WOULD LIKE TO HAVE MY MONEY BACK, EVEN THOUGH THE BANK CHARGED ME FOR AN OVERDRAFT. HOW CAN YOU PEOPLE SLEEP AT NIGHT KNOWING THAT YOU ARE ROBBING CITIZENS OF THEIR HARD EARNED MONEY. CHRIS, I HOPE THA YOU AND YOUR CRONIES ARE HAVING A GOOD TIME ON OTHER PEOPLES' MONEY. YOU ALL NEED TO BE PUNISHED BY THE LAW FOR SUCH A SCAM.

Ke
  15th of Apr, 2009

I also am getting scammed by cheaptrips. I sent in my written request to cancel and waited for my credit on my credit card and I finally called them and the CPT representative agreed that I had sent my request to cancel on time and I would get credit on my credit card. Well, 3 weeks later nothing had been done, and several calls later another rep said I had sent in my cancellation in on time and I would receive a $100 gas card a$50 gift card and a trip voucher. It didn't happen. I also would like to see some justice and see that Cheaptrips (a.k.a.) Scamtrips gets taken to court and gets what they deserve.

An
  22nd of Sep, 2009

Judy ... I just had the extreme displeasure of talking to "CHRIS", whom probably doesn't even exsist. What ever his real name is a royal JACKA**. Within 5 mintues I had reported them to the BBB. I don't know if it will do anygood but lets ban together. These people or EVIL. I never recieved any package from them, but they don't want to hear that because "they sent it" also they didn't wait until 30 days to deduct the fee, it hit my account within 3 days. I doubt I ever see any of this money again. AND the pretend "CHRIS" HUNG UP THE PHONE ON ME@!@!@!@@!@!

I am so mad right now...

19th of Dec, 2009

Here is a little Christmas present for those who were hurt by this scam, hope it helps...Cheaptrips is located at 15 E. Centre Street, Woodbury, New Jersey in a building called Duke Teleservices.

19th of Dec, 2009

oh, and the number is 856-686-2400

Un
  21st of Apr, 2010

I cannot believe that this company is still operating! I was scammed in 2005 and it took me 8 months to get my money back! I was pissed! Phone calls or any other correspondence directly with Cheap Tricks do not work. What finally worked for me was filling out a complaint form with the Camden County Division of Consumer Protection/Weights & Measures and mailing it to them. You can find the form here: http://www.co.camden.nj.us/health/healthserv/consumer.html Once they got in on it, I got my refund a couple months later. I posted this on complaints.com and another person wrote that they used this information and also received their refund after 1 1/2 years of frustration. Even though I got my money back in the end, I still get really pissed off whenever I think about these scam artists! It is unbelievable that nothing has been done, and that they are still stealing people's money 5 years later!!