Chcuck Van Horn Dodge / Sold car with frame damage not reported to me.

1 Plymouth, WI, United States Review updated:
Phone: 920 893-6591

I bought a 2006 Dodge Stratus SXT from Van Horn Dodge in Plymouth, WI on October 04th of 2007. The original buyers guide stated the car did NOT have frame damage. I have had issues with the oxygen sensors 3times and then a really bad coolant leak while the car was still under warrenty. I went to trade in my car at a different dealership in October of 2008 and was told my car was NOt eligible for the buy back guaranty and it had been announced at auction with frame damage and sold to Van Horn Dodge. I contacted Van Horn dodge and their sales manager told me it was impossible and not their problem. The following morning I received a phone call from Dick, the general manager of Van Horn Dodge, and he requested I come in and talk to him. I explained I would have NEVER bought this car had it been stated there was frame damage. He offered me $9000.00 for my car which I still owe $14, 000.00. I told him I was not happy that. He stated the market wasn't good and he couldn't offer anything else. I contacted him again explaining that I would have never bought this car had it had frame damage. I asked him to reimburse me what I paid into the car the previous year and to take the car back. I have paid $ 4368.77 in payments and $800 for gap insurance along with a $700 down payment. Totaling $5858.77. My car has $800 (high end quote from several body shops in the area) in damage to the front end. Caused by someone backing up into my parked car. I would be willing to take a $800 loss so long as they take the car back and give me what I paid for the car, $5058.00. I feel I was completely decieved.

Consumer's Desired Resolution:
Reimburse me what I paid into the car the previous year and to take the car back. I have paid $ 4368.77 in payments and $800 for gap insurance along with a $700 downpayment. Totalling $5858.77. My car has $800 (high end quote from several body shops in the area) in damage to the front end. Caused by someone backing up into my parked car. I would be willing to take a $800 loss so long as they take the car back and give me what I paid for the car, $5058.00.

Cr

Comments

Ny
  15th of Nov, 2010

I've had the same complaint against VanHorn Dodge. Buyer beware!!! These guys sell lemon cars. My situation: I bought a 2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee for $13, 999 a year and a half ago. When asked about the history of the car, Kyle - the salesperson, told me it had been a rental car and they had purchased the car from an auction. He stated that the history showed only a minor fender-bender damage that needed the bumper to be replaced. Satisfied with the history I bought the car. 3 weeks later my engine light came on. I took the car to the shop and the diagnositic showed transmission control malfunction (onboard computer) they also said I had a leaky oil pan. I had that replaced at my own expense. Several weeks later the car wouldn't start on me three times. I called the dealer and complained to the manager about the the problems. He told me that my warranty only covered engine/drivetrain and the engine nonstart didn't fall under the warranty. I continued to drive the car like this until I got fed up with it and took it in for a trade at CarMax. To my surprise the salesperson told me they could only give me $6, 000.00 for it because it was a lemon car - sold with frame damage and they couldn't even sell it because of this problem. I was in disbelief and outraged!! frame damage is not the same thing as a minor fender-bender... this is a major problem that I later found out contributed to the transmission problem and leak in my oil pan. I have been lied to...taken advantage of by some conartist desperate to sell a car! To make a long story short... the dealer denied selling me a lemon car by stating that the information had been disclosed to me prior to the sale and it should of been my responsibility to look at the carfax with detail. They were right... I should of looked at the carfax and not put my trust in a dealer or salesperson. Lesson learned and no more business with VanHorn Dodge or it's affiliates. Learn from my experience and don't get taken for a ride!

Sa
  26th of Feb, 2015

I purchased a 2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited from Van Horn Dodgewith just over 2, 000 miles in 2007. I asked why such low mileage and was told it was a rental vehicle and there was a small fire so went back to factory for repair...they told me they checked it over after it came back from Chrysler and it was repaired to sell out right. Within a month I had issues with it not shifting gears when I got over 40 miles an hour! Also when I received the title it stated the Jeep as a LEMON! So who do you think I could resell this jeep to now? I was not told that the title would state it as a lemon, if I would have been told I would not have purchased it. I took it to a local jeep dealer and he told me I needed a new transmission he also told me it already had 2 transmissions replaced. I did replace the transmission and they did other repairs shortly after that have cost my approximately $7, 000.00 I have driven it now for 5 years without any real problems and it has 88, 000 miles on it. But I went to a dealership (NOT VAN HORN) and a trade in value is only $3, 000.00 because of the LEMON info on title! Blue book/black book says it should be $10, 000.00-11, 000.00! Learn from my lesson and no more business with VAN HORN DODGE!! You will probably be taken for a ride some place you don't want to go!!!