CHBA Medical Plan / Misrepresentation of company!

1 CO, United States Review updated:

This company called me today, and asked if I was still looking for Health Insurance. I am waiting to hear back on a couple of applications, but am still looking--at least a little. Well, she told me that they have a "hybrid" medical plan--they offer a discount plan for vision and dental, but traditional medical insurance--a PPO plan. After she ran through her spiel, she mentioned briefly that this was not considered a health insurance plan. I asked her why, and she said because they offer dental and vision discount plans, but not insurance. She then quoted a price that made me VERY interested. However, I KNOW insurance companies can offer discount cards, so this made me alert. I asked her for details, or a brochure with all the information--and she said she could not give that to me. So, I asked her for their company website--after checking it out I learned it is definitely a discount plan--do not sign up for this if you are looking for insurance--even thought the (probably) commission based sales people will tell you it is insurance. DO NOT believe them!

Comments

19th of Aug, 2008

Yes, I am very dissatisfied with CHBA! Do not sign up with them at all!

3rd of Sep, 2008

The person who sold me a so called insurance plan, lied, as we say in the south like a dog. I was told that I was buying blue cross 80/20 coverage. When I got my

so called policy it was nothing but a discount card. My credit card was billed 229 dollars. I can't even get the man who sold it to me to call me. The number

that you are suppose to call to cancel won't work. I do plan to contact insurance commistion, attorney general, and blue cross. I don"t think it will do much good.

But maybe someone will stop this some way, some how.

• Be
      8th of Feb, 2009

I too was told this was PPO insurance, that I could go to any Doctor I wanted but the ones on their list you would get a bigger discount. I was also told that if we had to go to ER we would only have to pay $100 out of pocket. Also told that for hospitalization that after a certain amount I would only be responsible for 20% of hospital bill & also we would get a personal liason to negotiate the bill.

Recently I tried calling some of the doctors on their "list" none had even heard of it...so ho knows if this is legit, they are hoping no one uses the insurance because when they do they will find it is worth nothing.

Lots of lies told.. high pressure sales people..How do they sleep at night?