Chba - Consumer Health Benefits Association / Be careful dealing with such companies!

I want to thank all of those that wrote about this company and their experiences with CHBA. My story is the same, I found myself without health insurance, and requested information via email. I got many calls from pushy type salesmen/women when I went on the Internet requesting information. Dealing with sales persons from the health insurance companies today is as bad as dealing with a pushy car salesmen or old life insurance (door to door) person of days past.

They all promised more than a politician and were vague. I told the person from CHBA several times not to call me but she continued to call and ask information of me. I am sure that with time she was beating
me down, and it was difficult to get direct answers to my questions. I asked on several occasions for her to send me something in the mail in order for me to look the information over. She told me that I would have to listen to her sales pitch over the phone and it would be taped and answer all of her questions to get the information that I was requesting. She told me what to say when the conversation was being taped. She had to tell me several times to say that it was not an insurance policy. I did not understand it as that is what I was looking for and researched on the Internet.

The next thing I knew, I was being billed for the amount of 239.85 and more to come I am sure. I have not been able to reach anyone to ask that they not do this for whatever their reason. This is a company that is licensed in Illinois and they seem to be working out of South Florida.

That was not something that was told to me in her many phone calls to me. I have my credit card company working with me. One cannot be too careful.

DO NOT PAY IN CASH with any of the companies you cannot see and touch. I hope this helps someone else.

LB

Lb

Comments

• Ri
      16th of Aug, 2008

Im so upset, they talked me into paying for this health plan, made it sound like I coulndt live without it, I gave them my bank card # for the deposit, but they said it was a different company, it sounded so good and the salesman said its a wonderful plan for those who need affordable heatlh care, I even looked up the name of the Guaranteed Trust and it was legit, looked good, nothing bad on the net, but then when I got member services pkg email, I looked itup and saw its total SCAM, big trouble for me. So I called my bank and cancelled my card and she said no problem and credited the money back, and now they dont have acess to my funds. But now I got a letter in the mail from my bank saying there are looking into it to see if they funds will stay in my account? Which Im so upset again, because I want nothing to do with these crooks and no way shape or form do I want to give my money to this bogus company & let them keep this deposit with the deceitful practices they use, they were misrepresentating themselves and after I read others posts on here, they dont cover anything anyway, , and the Drs and hospitals arent even legit, Im so upset, , I have been crying, , my money means an awful lot, im single and have disabled adult child, how can these companies get away with this and whats up with my bank. I explained to them I was scammed and I called them right away to cancel my bank card. Now they act like its their money and their decision to decide if I should pay these scammers anyway? The bad thing is when this company calls they act under a different name, so you look up stuff on the net and you dont see the truth. This company needs to be put out of business. They say they are registered in Illinois but their call center is in Florida. Buyers and those vulnerable to needing health care, , , BEWARE! ( oh and when they sent me their pkg of the plan, they didnt even have my name right, , , , , they are so slimey and disgusting!)

• Ri
      16th of Aug, 2008

Im usually so much smarter than this and so aware of illegal practices and people scams, and I dont even answer the phone if I dont recognize the calllers. It just so happens I was desparately looking for health care, so I as the perfect target, , , , , VULNERABL!