Chase Visa / failure to acknowledge proven fraud

Wilmington, DE, United States Review updated:
Phone: 8004753360

I purchased a painting that was represented (with full knowledge of fraud by seller) as original and done by an arts professor at Xian Academy of Fines Arts in China. Upon examination by an expert design professional, he quickly determined that the piece was not an original and was an inket print. Chase Visa first decided in my favor. The purchase took place on July 7th, 2017. I sent a protest in Sept. 09 after first calling them before August 17th (with a letter from the design professional) and Chase Visa sent a letter in my favor. Then, In January 2017 I recieve a letter (Dated December 17th, 2017 that my charge is reinstated. Upon protest, the specialist said becasuse he could not understand what the vendor said in his reply (the vender said clearly in a Chinese letter which I had translated) that the painting was original.
Since it is not original, the vendor also misrepresented the "art" to Chase. WHY SHOULD I BE CHARGED FOR A CONTRACT BASED ON FRAUD? FROM JULY to Jan. 2017 CHASE NEVER CONTACTED ME ABOUTT THE REVERSAL. IT IS VERY EASY TO FOLLOW THE PAOER TRAIL ON THIS ONE> AND THE CHASE "SPECILIST SAYS HE CAN'T SEE WHERE THE VENDOR REPRESENTS THE ART AS ORIGINAL IN HIS RESPONSE, EVEN THOUGH IT IS THERE IN HIS RESPONSE>!! This needs action by CHASE UPPER MANAGEMENT. CHASE AGREES IN FEDERAL COURT TO ELIMINATE ARBITRATION, YET THEY SET RIDICULOUS ROADBLOCKS TO PROTECT A CUSTOMER THAT HAS BEEN A VICTEM OF FRAUD!!!

Comments

• Sh
      20th of Apr, 2008
    Chase Visa - harrassment
    Escondido
    California

I have type 1 brittle diabetes and have been ill for over 3 months. I wrote my creditor a letter on March 8th with a good faith payment of $20. In my letter I explained my illness and lack of ability to work or pay until my Social Security application is approved. They have called my home up to 20 times per day for weeks now. My sister has taken their calls and explained the situation, again. My best friend has taken their calls and explained the same. Both were told that all I had to do was talk to them and the calls would cease. I received another call this morning. The agent told me I had to pay the full amount due over the phone. I explained that was not a possibility. The agent then said can you pay this amount by the 28th. I said yes, I could and would. She then told me I had to pay it earlier than what we had just agreed on. At that point I was getting ill from the stress of her harrassment. My best friend saw that I was becoming faint so he took the phone and asked for a supervisor. The supervisor would not talk to him and told him that we are not allowed to record the conversation. My friend told her that if that was the case she had no right to record either. I got back on the phone, explained my situation, again, she said the phone calls will not stop and all I can do is write a letter, which I have. So here is my question, how far can they go with their harrassment after I have promised to pay. Their harrassment raises my blood sugar in turn making my type 1 diabetes even harder to control.

I look forward to hearing from you soon. Thank you for your consideration in this matter.

Sincerely,
    Shawna

• As
      20th of Apr, 2008

Cancel your phone. They will continue to harass you until the end of time. If you can pay, go ahead and do so. If this is a credit card, you will continue to accumulate interest expense until you pay off your balance. If you do pay, make sure that you pay by check, so you have a record of it. Once they call, tell them you are recording the conversation. You have the legal right to record any conversation as long as you notice the other party or have a electronic 'beep' sound every few seconds. They naturally dont want you to record the lies that they are telling you. They dont want any record of any agreement. Once you start recording, they will hang up. Another option. See if a friend or family member will front you the money and pay them back instead over time.

14th of May, 2008
    Chase Visa - scam and cheating!
    Augusta
    Georgia

Beware of how long it takes for Chase to post your payment. I mail my check out 10 days in advance. It has never been late but once I used a convenience check with a low interest rate, my check all of sudden did not get posted till the day after the due date. I was charged a $39 fee and my interest rate was raised from 3.99% to 9.99% which makes a big difference on a balance of $4, 000. I have had this account for 5 years and never had a problem till they offered me the low rate. Needless to say, I am paying off this account this week and will never do business with them again. There is no reason a check should take 11 days to clear and there is no proof as to when they get it in their office. You are at there mercy.

21st of Sep, 2009

On Aug 22, 2017, I attempted to redeem my travel points online for travel to Raleigh, NC for myself & my husband. The site accepted my itinerary using 25.000 points for myself. It said that each individual needed to be boked separately. When I attempted to book my husband on the same flight it kept giving me different flights. I called the 1-800 number and was told that this flight is booked---there was only 1 seat left. After explaining to SEVERAL representatives on the phone what happened, I was told by Tina (a supervisor) that she cancelled my flight and I would receive my 25, 000 points on my statement within 5-7 days. Needless to say it was never done even though she gave me a cancellation number. I called on Sept 9th & was told by a gentleman that he would email the travel dept and it would be taken care of. On Sept 21st I received a letter stating that "Chase valued me as a cardmember since 1980, and I needed to call to verify the cancellation and my 25, 000 points would be added back to my balance." After being transferred to numerous different departments and speaking to 5 differnet people, my problem was not fixed. I recommend that no one uses Chase. With excellent credit, I do not need to be lied to like I was by Chase. I plan to use my points and cancel my card.

• Ar
    Chase Visa - chase visa unwilling to work with me
    ART FORD
    Simi Valley
    [protected]@hotmail.com

We earned 50.000 miles of credit on our Chase rewards card, paid the annual fee and then they cancelled our card a month later explaining that we also lost the miles when they cancelled us. We checked our credit report and it was excellent. Does anyone know how I can get this resolved?

• Rj

Sue 'em!!

• Rj

Sue them!

• Ka
      20th of Jun, 2012
    Chase Visa - chase visa unwilling to work with me
    California

I have been a customer with Chase since 1990. I had always paid my bills on time & fully. A few years ago, while still married, my husband & I both became unemployed. With no income, I used my credit card to pay for household expenses; I struggled to keep up, but missed a payment. At that time due to my missed payment, Chase began to increase my interest rate. I called to explain the financial situation I was in and requested that a reduction in interest be made, Chase refused. I paid over $3, 000 in a year’s time, but due to the interest rate, the principal balance barely decreased, the payments went to interest charges. I again called Chase, was told my only option was to close the account, the APR was 0% and monthly payments were arranged for 5 years, as my husband & I had found jobs, this was financially feasible. In March of 2017, my husband left, moved out & started divorce proceedings. I continued to keep up the payments. Then, on January 20, 2017, I was laid off. I called Chase & explained that I was unemployed and that there was no second income due to divorce. I requested that my payments be decreased; I was told by Chase that since I was on a payment plan, I was not eligible for any other payment plans. I told Chase that I could pay $100.00 per month & that when I found employment, I would increase my payments & eventually catch up. I was denied. I was told by Chase that it did me no good to make a partial payment & in fact to stop paying as I would possibly then be eligible for another payment plan.
    On my last conversation with Chase, I was given 3 options: 1) referred to a credit-counseling agency, I told Chase that I did not need that, as all my bills were up to date except for the Chase visa credit card. 2) If I wished to pay off the balance, it would be 90% or $8, 000+ again, being unemployed, I do not have that kind of money. 3) I was told my account would be turned over to a collection agency; please tell me how that is going to help this situation. And, lastly, after I told the agent @ Chase I could not afford the $252.00 payment, I was asked if I could pay $262.00 per month. Really, is that a reasonable solution?

In summary, I have repeatedly asked Chase Visa to work with me to pay my account, if the interest rate had not been jacked up so high, I might have been able to avoid the closure of this account. Due to the lack of any kind of working with me in the last 2 conversations I have had with Chase, I am writing this email as a last resort that someone will finally understand how unyielding and closed Chase is to working with their clients. Perhaps in writing, someone @ Chase Visa will “get it” and come up with a solution. ALTHOUGH THIS IS AN UNSECURED DEBT & A CLOSED ACCOUNT I HAD CONTUNED TO MAKE PAYMENTS WHEN I WAS FINANCIALLY ABLE. CHASE HAS REFUSED TO WORK WITH ME IN ANY WAY SHAPE OR FORM. IN ADDITION, I INTEND TO GO PUBLIC WITH THIS CASE.

23rd of Dec, 2012

It is unfortunate but credit cards are not sympathetic to anyone who is unable to make their payments. They are in the business of making money and they don't care what your personal situation is. It's not just Chase it's all credit card companies. I ended up having to declare bankruptcy after I was in a similar financial crisis and couldn't even cover the minimum payments on my credit cards. I was so desperate that I had to borrow money for groceries from family members. Your only option is to transfer your balance to another credit card, take a personal loan from a bank or make the payments that Chase is asking for. If you've missed payments and/or have bad credit your options may be limited. Have you considered couponing or donating plasma for extra income?