Chase Student Loanharrassment

O Review updated:

Chase student loan has been extremely rude and unethical since my student loan has been in repayment. Due to the economy there's just not enough money to go around. I graduated from college have a great job using my degree but the cost of student loans is crazy. When you have daycare, car payment, gas, food on the table and a mortgage student loans are the last thing to get paid. Sorry. Ive already filed bankrupsty and there's still not enough money to go around.

The customer service at Chase is unprofessional and rude. Usually the first line of folks are robots and say what they are told. However, when i ask to speak to a supervisor and the supervisor starts calling me names and becomes very unruley...that's where i draw the line. Chase has called me in any one given day 15-20 times they have called my parents the same number of times over a simple name change. A few days late on my loan and i'm already in their collections. Sorry chase but you are loosing business by treating your customers so badly. I may not be able to get rid of my student loan...but everyone of my family and friends who had a chase credit card, loan or anything else has cancelled it or moved it or consolidated it so they are not doing business with you any more. You need a system that updates information in real time. Having to have my information changed 4 times in one day with 4 different people and being accused of never calling or never paying is outragious, rude and looks very very bad on you!!

I hate your company and i'll always be as rude to your staff as they are to me. You caused me to have high blood pressure during pregnancy from the stress of dealing with your staff. I could give out emp #'s and names...but who know where this email is even going to go.

Good luck with the people you manage. Good luck getting customers after people hear what kind of business you are. No one in my family will be using your services.!!!

Oct 28, 2010

Hello there. I completely 100% agree with you. I am about $600.00 dollars behind but the last two months I have been making my monthly payments. I have called Chase Bank several times to work it out with them and they refuse to help at all. They wouldn't give me a lower payment or deferment so I could catch up. I like many others have a ton of other bills and a crap load of other school loan bills I am paying. Every school loan company besides CHASE bank has helped me so I can make payment that I can afford. The first time I called to make my payment over the phone they told me I don't look like someone that is ever planning on paying my loan. Even though I was calling to make a payment. They almost made me cry. Well I have had enough I received a call at my new job, I don't know how Chase Bank got my work number but they keep calling my work. I have told them to remove the number because I could get in trouble since it is a new job and they don't care and keep calling. I finally answered them at work and they asked what my situation was and I told them the same thing I had told them last month. Then they said well your co-signer should pay the $600.00 off. I told them my cosigner can not afford it I think 5 times, and they just kept telling me how I signed up for this loan and blah blah blah. I do understand I signed up for it and that I do owe them the money. But I am making my payments regularly now and just need to catch up on $600.00, and CHASE doesn't care about anybody but their money, they are not personable whatsoever and seem like they have no feelings. They do nothing but harass me on the phone. I finally had to tell the lady I will pay when I can and when she said "You will not pay when you can, you need to pay now!" that was the end of it. I guess they don't care to make future business with others because I would never use them again. I will be changing my cell phone number once again today and make the payments I have been making. It's sad that they almost get me in tears at work over $600.00 it's not like I'm behind thousands of dollars. What a horrible company.

Dec 06, 2010

I totally agree with all of these comments being posted!! Chase is horrible!!
    I had my student loan for $9, 000.00 and my daughter wound up with extreme health issues so I had to put off school for a while and planned on going back to school to finish my degree, but now I cannot get back into school thanks to Chase!! But I have found a banckruptcy lawyer that informed me that I CAN get this type of loan from Chase discharged!! Once they start to shift off to collection agencies then they are showing that it is not a student loan etc...easiest way to explain it!! They were previousily calling me and I asked for hardship deferments etc...they would not do it. Then they started calling my mother and my sister-in-law and telling them of my credit situation with them etc...it was not their entitlement to do this and a total invasion of my privacy which is a violation!!! My attorney said Chase is not well liked by alot of courts and most judges are more favorable to discharge loans...a so happy plus on my side and knowing to never to deal with this company on any aspects.
    Should of listened to my parents when their bank & mortgage was bought out by Chase and they had to take them to court because Chase was claiming they owed almost double on their mortgage then what it was originally with their primary bank...Chase lost that case and my parents house was written off and totally paid for thanks to Chase's apparently "dumb" people working for them!!
    Chase is so good at threating people but they are NOT at all good with helping people!!! This is ONE BAD BANK...that so needs to be gone!!!

Oct 01, 2012

They are terrible. My sister has been trying her best to pay what she owes but they refuse to work with her. They call non stop and lie about whether they have talked to her. They call my mother and say they never spoke to my sister. On months she can't pay the full amount she sends a partial payment and they call my mother expecting my mother to pay the rest. They care nothing about the hardships that people are going through in this economy. They sent my sister to collections even though they recieved money from her every month. It may not have been the full amount of what her payment was supposed to be, but it was something. My take is that as long as some form of payment is being made they should not be sending people to collections. People are struggling and they are adding to it.

Oct 08, 2012

They would not work with also and I asked that they not call my job as I was afraid of being terminated. Just hung up on Misty as she call my job.

Jun 11, 2013

I agree with all of these complaints. Chase is one of the worst lenders out there (whether it's Chase student loans, banking, credit cards. Ive had them all). In regards to the harassing collections calls, my advice is to send them a cease & desist letter informing them they cannot call you/ your cosigner/ references/ or relatives at all. Make sure you send it certified so that you have proof they received it. They have to abide by law or you can sue them. You may also find cease & desist templates online. Hope this helps meanwhile.

• K
      Dec 06, 2013

I'm trying to find a way to consolidate the loan I have with them and move it to a different bank. Thanks Stephany1234 for the advice I think im going to look into that. I have a deferred student loan that isnt even up yet and they are for some reason calling my dad (co-signer) looking for payment. They call him 3 time or more a week. You know how many times they have called me? NONE. It makes no sense that they are harrassing my dad but not call me once. I called and told them this and they gave me a bunch of excuses and promises that this wont happen again. I even had them look at the account and tell me that there is no payment even due yet. Well they are still doing it and I'm so sick of big businesses harrassing the little guy that hasnt even done anything and getting away with it. My father is sick and doesnt need deal with this. Chase is a bunch of low lifes.

Jan 24, 2014

I agree with all that is said about Chase Student Loans. I became disabled and was unable to complete my college education, I had to file bankruptcy due to my health condition, and Chase stated that because they are a "Student Loan" they could not be included in the bankruptcy (this statement is true). However, my Federal Student Loans were discharged due to my disability and inability to pay based upon SSDI and my physician's statement...NOW Chase is stating that they are a "Private Loan Company" and are not required to adhere to the same requirements as a "Student Loan". Quite a change in attitude, and quite a lie, as my bankruptcy is now long gone. They have indicated that there is no way that I can NOT repay them, despite living on SSDI benefits of less than $1400/mo, (due to medical reasons), with payments that exceed $300/mo. To me this is a double standard, and I am currently looking for advise on the internet and/or other resources to find out what I can do to stop having to repay a loan-that went 100% to a college for a partial degree that I will never be able to use. I feel (as those who have stated above) that I am in a "no win" situation with this company.

May 15, 2014

I actually thought I was the only one going through this with Chase. I have requested a forbearance due to medical reasons. They were unsympathetic and rude. I am not even sure the know the difference between wages and disability. I have been dealing with leukemia for over a year now and I was upfront with them in hopes they would be understanding, they were not. Horrible company! I will keep trying and hope the best for everyone who is having difficulty with Chase.

May 21, 2014

wow so im not the only huh. Those chase collectors are the worst. i just want to know what action can they take if the full amount is not paid off. i offered them small amounts but instead they want more and more. they offered me to settle but the settlement would have to be paid in full smh. what actions do they take if they do not get the full amount or any????

May 25, 2017

I've had the same problem. People keep harassing me even though I'm paying the minimum each month, I don't know hat actions I can take to prevent this from happening. If anyone can help me lmk [protected]