Chase Home Finance LLC / misappropriation of mortgage payment and threats of foreclosure as a result

1 4315 Vision DriveColumbus, OH, United States Review updated:

I have all the receipts confirming that I have made all my mortgage payments to Chase and my bank statements confirming that said payments were withdrawn from my account. Yet, I receive an average of 3 harassing phone calls daily, accusing me of having missed payments and threatening foreclosure. I have approached Chase repeatedly about the problem and have reached an impass: Chase personnel is rude, obnoxious and unwilling to check its own records to track down where my money went. The phone calls are allegedly being "recorded" but Chase refuses to give me access to the recording. It is making my life extremely unpleasant and I am considering now filing a lawsuit.

I am reaching a point where I would be more than willing to associate with anyone looking to start a class action against Chase Home Finance. Incidentally, chase was bailed out to the tune of 25 billion dollars a few months ago and, as a tax payor, owes me, at the very least, a duty of diligence in its banking procedures.

Comments

• Ve
      11th of Oct, 2009

Get an education and read up on why Jamie Dimon had to accept the TARP money. Has it been paid back yet? How many other banks/lenders have paid it back already?

• On
      29th of Oct, 2009

I am dealing with the same problem with Chase and looking to speak to a lawyer too.

6th of Nov, 2009

I have a similar problem. I had the accelerated payment program with WAMU and everything had run smoothly until I tried to cancel and set up account for 1 monthly payment.

I’ve had this mortgage since 2002 and never been late, in the contrary I’ve been ahead w/the accelerated program. Well, the point is the AP was never cancelled (Branch employee said it had been cancelled) and on top of the AP mortgage withdrawals from my chase account CHASE was ALSO withdrawing mortgage payments. Yes, 2 payments per month and my husband lost his job… wow, I must be super woman I can do 2 payments per month?!? No, actually my account is in the RED and I keep getting hit with the NSF fees. But according to the branch manager the mortgage transaction did not cause me to go in the RED, it was the checks I wrote the day after the unauthorized payment was withdrawn… you’ve got to be kidding me??? Stupid me, I should have know CHASE was going to withdraw 2 UNAUTHORIZED mortgage payments from my account!
    I know I said I wanted to payoff my house if I won the lotto, but I haven’t won and yet!

17th of Nov, 2009

Wamu/Chase have been screwing me up for the last two months. Auto payment pushed out of my personal bank account worked great until the Sept payment got put "on hold" their words, and the Oct payment completely disappeared until Oct 16 when it was determined to be late. Now they won't process my refi payoff since I supposedly have a prepayment penalty! Even after the title co wire transferred the funds and has confirmation from Chase that they were received!

• Cj
      3rd of Feb, 2010

We are currently in litigation with CHASE Home Finance over the same or similar issue. Until this happened to us, We would not have believe that CHASE could do such a thing. Please call with questions or to provide information (480) 471-0149. ask for Carlton.

• Cm
      16th of Mar, 2010

I have a wonderful letter from Chase apologizing for having "misapplied my mortgage payment" since July 2009. I am still looking for the over $1000.00 in various fees I paid into said mortgage which should have been either returned to me or applied to the principal. No one at Chase is talking about it.

Humm... Didn't my tax dollars bail them out? Shouldn't they know what they do with my money.

Class action would sound good it I get my money with interests. I do not intend to see lawyers get rich on my back.

cmarais3@aol.com

• Mk
      27th of May, 2010

We are going through the same thing! Payment made last year was misapplied partially to escrow and the rest used up for "late fees" for the payment the money came from. We figured out the error and they finally acknowledged it but will do NOTHING to correct it. They have ruined our credit saying we have been 30 days late every month since that payment was misapplied. It is ridiculous. We have consulted a lawyer but they are even unsure how to approach this situation.
    Where is the accountability for the bankers????

• Su
      12th of Jan, 2011

I agree. I made a double payment to Chase in October. Because of unforeseen circumstances, I missed my September payment. They applied the extra money to my escrow account, even though I called and specifically told them what I was doing. Now they are telling me I am 2 months late. They refuse to put the extra money towards my mortgage payment. Who do you contact for bank misappropriation of funds?

• Fr
      18th of May, 2013

I am having a similar problem. After close to 5 years and an untold amount of time and stress, I found a local Chase Bank person to help me with reaching the right people. Chase has just sent a letter requesting the credit agencies remove all the late notices going back to early 2009. The key is getting a person at Chase that will stay working with the company and help you work through the problem. I finally found my angel after working with at least 12 people over the years. Even she was continually given the runaround and had to point out when they did not know what they were saying. I even had to do Chase's accounting for their accounting people -they have no clue!!! Chase's system is broken and they need a one person system where one person needs to be assigned to a person that has an accounting problem and not have 100's of different customer service people being involved at one time or another without having follow-up accountability.
    The bad news for me is that I have been paying higher insurance rates, higher mortgage rates ( been denied refinancing by Chase) and have not been able to get another job after being laid off in early 2009 because of the incorrect reporting by Chase of late and missed payments. Costs to me have been in excess of $1, 000, 000 dollars in salary and benefits alone! I am looking for a lawyer to represent me on contingency - Chase has made my life a living hell!

• Ro
      15th of Apr, 2014

I am in, i have the same problem with chase, lets talk about harassment from chase they are so rude,
    ready for a class action law suit reach me at fasvservices2007@yahoo.com