Chase Home Finance / tax escrow compounding shenanigans
After unsuccessfully attempting a mortgage modification, Chase saw fit to compound our property tax payments into our monthly payment. Per public records, our property tax is approximately $20k per year; Chase has seen fit to impound $4786/month, or $45k- twice the amount due on our tax bill. Chase 'customer service' says it can't help, talk to the Escrow department; the Escrow department does not have public telephone numbers so I am pursuing other avenues to get this resolved. If I can without resort to a law suit of some sort, which IMHO I believe may be the only way to get their attention. This has been going on now for months and months. (Of course, if you don't pay exactly what the statement says, Chase puts the payment into 'suspense' and hits your credit with a 30 day late charge. Just wonderful.)
Don't use Chase or recommend anyone to use them-- for loans, banking, cards, whatever.
More Chase Home Finance Complaints & Reviews
- Chase Bank - closed my account without notice 
- Chase - denied fraud claim 
- Chase Home Finance, LLC - mortgage fraud/scam 
- Chase Auto Finance - vehicle repossession after payment arrangement was made 
- Chase Home Finance - chase now causing and encouraging foreclosure! 
- Chase Bank / JPMorgan Chase Bank - chase auto finance / subaru motors finance
- Chase Bank / JPMorgan Chase Bank - account / customer service
- Chase Bank / JPMorgan Chase Bank - chase liquid account
- Chase Bank / JPMorgan Chase Bank - late payment reporting to the credit agencies during home loan modification process.
- Chase Bank / JPMorgan Chase Bank - jp morgan chase allowed the criminals to steal $38,900 from my account a letting them get away with that