Chase Home Finance

Posted:

chase now causing and encouraging foreclosure!

I have been a Customer of Chase Home Finance for 3 years now. They Purchased my loan from New Century Mortgage after my 1st year in my home. Every payment I have sent in has been mailed 2 weeks before they were due, and every one has been held 20+ days before they even attempt to deposit them. This has made every payment LATE, so they can charge more interest and more late fees. THIS IS NOT FAIR!! It’s not my fault they can’t process my payments on time. Today I received a FORECLOSURE LETTER!! And I also received my check dated 8-25-2007 for my September payment that they held until 10-22-2007. Are these people Crazy?? I have been given over 11 phone numbers to use to contact people that only have Voice-Mail, and NEVER return my calls. Not even the Foreclosure Department has returned my calls. I guess they need a write-off or something, maybe that’s why they are determined to take this house back. Anyone with information on Chase Home Finance please contact me @ JonathanCopeland@msn.com. I am starting a Class-Action Lawsuit starting TODAY!!

Damage Resulting:

This has ruined my credit due to them not posting my payments as they should, and I have had to Stop-Payment on my last 2 house payments because they are still floating around somewhere. They say they have not been received. They want me to pay it over the phone, except now they want all past-due payments "That they have screwed up" plus another $1500 in attorney fees, plus another $1700 in more BS Charges.

After contacting the Better Business Bureau, they gave me this web-page to post for everyone that can't find the information.

Complaint comments Comments (85)    Updated: Complaint country United States Complaint category Loans

Comments

A  20th of Nov, 2007 by    0 Votes
They are doing something similar to me. On the 15th of the month, I send an extra payment with instructions to be applied towards my principal but they hold the funds until they receive the full mortgage payment on the first of the following month. The idea for the extra payment is to reduce the interest which they are letting run for another 2 weeks. I've tried many times to fix this problem (by phone and letters) to no avail. My next step is to file a lawsuit.
A  22nd of Nov, 2007 by    0 Votes
They have done the same thing to me. The only difference is that I lost my home in a fire. Have been trying to get a payoff since September, just received it last week.(NOV 18th or so). On top of all the hassle they have given about paying it off, they say that I owe them more than I even paid for the house. I purchased this house in 2000 for 47,000 and 7 years later they are saying that I owe them 50, 600 and some odd dollars. How is this possible. I believe that they are a rip off. I would advise anyone that has a choice not to use this company. I did not have a choice, because my mortgage was sold to them about three months after I purchased the house.
A  28th of Nov, 2007 by    0 Votes
WHEN YOU'LL DECIDE TO MOVE WITH YOUR ACTIONS SUITS DO NOT LEAVE ME BEHIND.
A  29th of Nov, 2007 by    0 Votes
I KNOW ALL TOOOOO WELL ABOUT CHASE! ALMOST 2 YEARS AGO WE BOUGHT OUR HOME WITH THEM!! WELL IN AUG. AND SEPT. WE SENT OUR PAYMENTS IN AND THEY NEVER CLEARED THE BANK!! SO IN OCT. WHEN WE STILL HAD THE PAYMENTS IN THE BANK MY HUSBAND CALLED AND ASKED IF THEY HAD OUR PAYMENTS? THEY SAID WE WERE IN FORCLOSER!! I HIT THE ROOF! WE PAID WAY LESS THEN WE SHOULD HAVE FOR OUR HOME AND THEY KNOW IT!!! THEY HAVE WANTED TO TAKE OUR HOME FROM US FROM DAY ONE!ANYWAY WE ASKED FOR PAYOFF......WELL IT IS NOV. AND STILL NO PAYOFF!! THEY SAID IT WOULD TAKE TEN DAYS!! THAT IS OUR PERSONAL INFO!! THEN WE GOT OUR CHECKS IN THE MAIL THE AUG. WAS STAMPED THEY GOT IT IN OCT.!!! THE OTHER WAS NOT STAMPED! WELL GUESS WHAT WHEN WE CALLED WE CALLED FROM OUR NEXTEL CELL PHONE AND WE HAD CALLED THEM 2 DAYS BEFORE IT WAS STAMED AND DATED AND THEY SAID THEY HAD NOT GOTTEN THEM!!! IMAGINE THAT?? THEY WANTED THE EQUITY IN OUR HOME! THEN AFTER THEY STARTED THIS FORCLOSURE THING (WE HAVE 3 CHILDREN) OUR MIDDLE SON 10 YEARS OLD HAD HIS APT. WITH CHILDRENS HOSPITAL AND WE GOT THE NEWS MY SON WOULD START HIS SURGERY IN JAN. HE WILL BE IN ICU FOR 3 DAYS AND IN THE HOSPITAL FOR A MIN. OF 6 DAYS!! THAT BECAME THE MOST IMPORTANT THING !!! SO I HAVE SENT A LETTER TO THE ATTORNEY FOR CHASE AND TOLD THEM I HAVE PROOF AND IN DETAIL ABOUT MY SONE AND THAT I HOPE THEY SLEEP WELL @ NITE KNOWING WHAT THEY ARE DOING TO PEOPLE!! HERE @ CHRISTMAS TIME WITH MY SON HAVING SURGERY I AM LOOKING FOR A PLACE TO STAY!! ITS JUST NOT FAIR!! HOW DO THESE PEOPLE GET AWAY WITH THIS? I WISH I KNEW WHO TO CALL !!! WE NEED HELP AND EVERYONE NEEDS TO FIGHT THEM!! WHEN ALL SETTLES DOWN I WILL CALL FOX 6 NEWS ON YOUR SIDE AND GET MY STORY OUT THERE!! FOR NOW MY SON IS MOST IMPORTANT AND CHASE HOME FINANCE YOU ARE CROOKED EVIL PEOPLE!!WE LIVE IN A 2 STORY AND I COULD NEVER GET MY SON UP AND DOWN MY STAIRS IN MY HOME SO I HAVE BEEN TELLING MYSELF EVERYTHING HAPPENS FOR A REASON!!?? ITS JUST SO..........OVERWHELMING!! I CRY EVERY NITE......PRAYING SOMETHING WILL GIVE!
A  16th of Dec, 2007 by    0 Votes
Chase home finance does not believe in good customer service.The proper solution I suggest to many people is to avoid Chase Home finance at all costs.If you were to ever have difficulties with chase they will not properly assist you and will hit your with endless fees never disclosing their origin.They have a lot of lawyers working for them and courts that just follow their lead blindly.All you have to do is do a search in [redacted] and you will find endless stories of people having trouble.I am a victim and hope to spread the word to as many people as i can. Chase employees who write here can say what they wish but it is chase that is throwing people out of their homes because of their mysterious accounting practices...
A  29th of Dec, 2007 by    0 Votes
i agree with this comment. chase is awful!!!!
A  12th of Apr, 2008 by    0 Votes
To whom it may concern: This is to inform you that a mortgage payment of 739.96 was withdrawn from my checking account of 9142184341 and paid on 04/02/2008; the problem with this is that I do not currently have a loan out with Chase and the 739.96 was paid into the account of Johnny Garcia Jr. #1845303294 without my authorization; therefore it has me a great deal of problems with my checking account and my finances not to mention I am a single mom with two kids. The overdrafts are outrages not to mention not being able to pay my bills. I have contacted my banking institution and they are looking into it, but what am I to do until then? Are my overdrafts going to be paid by you, is the 739.96 going to paid to me? The last time I made a payment on this account was on 12-2007 and have not made another payment since then, since I had a protective order against Johnny Garcia Jr. and I have had no contact with him. Is it in your policy that if Mr. Garcia does not make a payment, then the payment is taken out of any account that they can find without the person's authorization? I am asking for this matter to be cleared up as soon as possible and please keep me informed. This is an urgent matter and I don't feel that I will need to take any other avenues to get this underway at this time. Thank you for your time.

Pricilla Gamboa
305 N.E. 8th Street
Big Spring, TX 79720
432-264-1233
A  7th of Oct, 2008 by    0 Votes
Chase automaticly takes our house payment from our checking. Last month they took it out 7 days early.
We called and asked why. They said it was more convienant for them to do it on that day.
Ok then we told them we will no longer do buisness that way. We will wright them checks from then on.
That night they took another payment. that's 6, 000 in 2 days.
We called them back and they are giving us a load of crap.
Now we are in the red and they could care less
May the fleese of a thousand wolfs infest there gonads...!!!
A  28th of Jan, 2009 by    0 Votes

File a complaint with the Better Business Bureau and seek legal advice

Something is bound to stick and maybe something will get resolved.

We are dealing with our own issues with Chase

Don't give up
A  27th of May, 2009 by    0 Votes
Hello, our loan was sold to Chase from Citi Financial. Citi did a loan modification for us due to husbands illness, but Chase did not honer modification and placeed our loan is loss midagtion, we were given many numbers too, we paid our mortgage payments on time but was told we we still owed when were with citi, then we did not recieve Mays statement and we called and they said we were CHARGE OFF Apirl 28 and to call that department May 15, we called two times they don't have us listed and where we sent proof of home oweners insurances said it was not needed because it was listed AS PAID,

SO thats where we are at. I filed two compliants on Chase. Our home is handicap assesible for me so relocating is not an option.
SC from Nebraska
A  3rd of Jun, 2009 by    +2 Votes
Please include me with the action suit, My husband was laid off from his company after they downsized. I contacted Chase immediately for a loan modification to possibly extend our mortgage to lower the payments. They advised me we qualified, I filled out the paperwork was assigned an analyst who by the way NEVER contacted us..I called 2x a week from January 2009 until May 2009. I was then told that the paperwork was given to FANNY MAE for the modification and I had to wait another 6weeks ??? I continue to call every week and am told to hold off on any payments until the modification. I keep asking are they waiting for the Sherriff to padlock my home and foreclose before they are willing to help us. They just keep saying Maam our call volume is enormous..My response is not 6-7 months worth of enormous..and if so they need to hire additional help!

I am about to contact an attorney to see if there is anything else I can do to AVOID losing my home!!!
A  11th of Jun, 2009 by    0 Votes
When doing a loan modification it is vital to put away as much money every month as you can. Chase will drag it out for months and then want a large down payment to get back on track. They are criminals and there is nothing we can do about it. My home was foreclosed after they promised us a modification. I was trying to negotiate my $3100.00/mo. payment to $3, 000.00/mo. that is only a $100.00/mo difference on a $500, 000.00 loan. We put $125, 000.00 down just 2 years prior. When Chase "wrongfully" foreclosed they sold the house for $129, 000.00. 129, 000!!! On a $625, 000. house. We were actually still negotiating with Chase and in the modification process a full month AFTER the house had already been sold at auction...Chase didnt even realize they sold it. It wasn't until we received a 3 day notice to vacate that we, my lawyer, and the executive resolution group at Chase realized the house was no longer ours. I have sent letters to ALL of our local, state and federal politicians, congress, Dept. of Justice, Commissioner of finance, newspapers, news channels, and even the Whitehouse. Other than a few very generic replies, no one cares that this is happening. As I said, they are criminals and there is nothing we can do about it! We are now in a lawsuit, unfortunately our lawyer is only willing to sue for the cost of our move. He said anything more would years and alot of $$. You can contact Jamie Dimon CEO of Chase by googling his number, I was able to right through to his secretary, who was very kind, and she got me in with the "highest ups" that could help me. The big problem with my mortgage was that Chases "left hand didnt know what the right hand was doing"
A  15th of Jun, 2009 by    0 Votes
I am in total agreement and I can only wish to find a solution to this problem, namely the Help for Home Owners, that is really accelerated foreclosure. I have tried to contact the American Assc. of Residential Mortgage Regulators and The HUD regional Director in our state as well as my local Senators, Congressional State representatives, Attorney General and White House (so much for open Government), in addition to contacting Chase. And I have come to the conclusion that there is a two tier system in the country. Our voices mean nothing to the banking lobby that controls Washington.
I am told that it will take up to 30 days to get into the Home Owner assistance program and possibly up to six months to get a modification, in the meantime, there our NO guarantees and unless I pay 3 months now due they will start to foreclose.
I feel that there is a solution and I need more voices.
N  16th of Jul, 2009 by    0 Votes
My mother died in December 2008. At that time, I had a choice of paying my mortgage or flying to AZ from WI to be with my dying mother. Chose to be with Mother. So I was behind one month in mortgage. I am on Social Security Disability and on March 31, Chase Home Finance took TWO mortgage payments out of my checking account saying I "authorized" it. Now, I never receive my SS disability check until the 3rd of each month, so I never would have authorized a payment on the 31st and I CERTAINLY would never have authorized TWO mortgage payments. I had already begun the loan modification paperwork prior to all of this anyhow, so why they would take two payments out was a mystery in the beginning. I made a complaint to the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency and got a case number. May 8 a Friday, a Brian Lehman calls me to say he is from Chase Executive Resolution Group and gave me the name of my "analyst", Ashley. I have called her over 25 times, always have to leave a message. When they took two mortgage payments out, I had $300 in the bank. Two mortgage payments was $1, 400! I was overdrawn over a thousand dollars. I had been on a contract with my utility company, they let you break up winter's heating cost over six months in a contract but if you break the contract, guess what? you have to pay the full amount due. I had to pay $900 in April for that alone. Chase's screw up has cost me overdraft fees, over the limit fees, I've had accounts closed, told them I couldn't get my antidespressant meds, no food. I eat one sandwich per day. That's all. Good thing a person's stomach shrinks, then you feel full after just one sandwich. Can't live like this much longer. Never did much socially but being homebound, not going even out for lunch with friends monthly, no entertainment, got my cable tv shut off, only have radio to listen to. Would much rather be with Mother.
A  11th of Oct, 2009 by    0 Votes
CHASE ARE A$$E$ THEY purchased our loan from novistar 3 years ago 1 year after that I lost my job we applied for a modification chase said we did qualify because I was unemployed 5 months later now employed but behind on payments still dont qualify because I have a job that put me over the income limits. so we try to get caught up with payments they messed up taking the payments out of our account. now they tell us as of oct 1st our house is going to be charged off and all we have to do is make a payment by the sept 30th to stop the charge off before the first.so we set up the payment for the 28th. its beem 2 weeks They never took the payment out of our account. So I called finally got to talk to the right department we had all ready been charged off and the person who set up the payment up doesn't work there any more. they said SOL WE ARE NOT YOUR MORTGAGE CARRIER ANY MORE. We have to little boys and nowhere to live.do we stay here and not pay anything untill they kick us out or what are our options at this point?
A  27th of Dec, 2009 by    +1 Votes
I posted a comment exactly 207 days ago (Read above) I still haven't had anything set in stone. I continue to get the run around.

I think the only way to get any help may be to start a class action suit against Chase.

When I began this Modification, I wasn't even a full payment behind and now I am about 9 months. I feel as though because we still have PLENTY of equity in our home they just want to Forclose on it.
A  30th of Dec, 2009 by    0 Votes
Holy crap! I lost my job in June 2009. Called Chase. Finally got into a trial loan modification program for three months of lowered payments starting in September. Remember, this is only because I lost my job and had unemployment coming in. I made each payment early and without fuss. Called today and they said our modification was declined on 11/17/09!!! When were we going to be to be notified??? Oh, well you should be recieving something shortly. What the hell???? What's shortly? By the second week of Jan 2010!!
What was the reason for the declination? Well, unemployment does not qualify as a hardship.
Wait, what?????
You're kidding right?
No sir, unemployment is not permanent in nature and therefore is not a hardship.
Is Chase living in the same economy as I am??? Can Chase give me a job?? No, never mind, I have a conscience.
Why did Chase start me in the program if I never qualified in the first place??????
They do not provide any answers other than well, Chase can put anyone in the program and then decline during the review process. Never mind the only criteria I put in my hardship letter was loss of employment, which, by the way, is one of the choices CHASE uses on its forms.

So, now we owe the difference since September and they want our payments to go back up $400/month to what it was before by making payment arrangements with their collections department.

Who the hell can we call now??????
A  4th of Jan, 2010 by    0 Votes
I feel for you all, especially those of you who lost your job or had your mortgage purchased by CHASE, like myself.Understand the mortgage modification program is a farce and since CHASE and those of their ilk have no federal oversight they can, will, and are doing what ever they want.Based on my own 11 month experience;faxing my application 6 times; of trying to get a modifcation/streamline/refinance or just some sort of help, CHASE will lie/twist/turn and do whatever it take not to help you.Every anaylst is a liar and trained to do so.I have called every agency there is under the sun including HUD;local senator and congressmen even freddie mac.Bottom line there is no one to help or call.Here is the clue to thois whole debacle;Out of all the people I know who have applied for help only two people have received it.Party one has a second home and asked for and promptly received a modification.Party two owns five income properties which have been rented since a few days after they closed, they have never lived in any of these five homes.They also were modified on one of their rental properties.
CHASE, freddie mac or fannie mae would rather foreclose on your home than help you to remain in it.
A  11th of Jan, 2010 by    -1 Votes
I have had a home equity line with Chase for almost 6 years. I tried to refinance my primary mortgage and keep my equity line open since getting a new one is almost impossible. I don't use it, I just keep it in case of emergency. Keeping the 2nd mortgage open requires a subordination letter from Chase. Usually not a problem if you're in good standing. I thought I was. I have a loan to value ratio of less than 65% so property value is no issue. I also have a credit score of over 800 and debt to income ratio of less than 16%, so no problem there either.

The problem came when they checked the paperwork and found out they never filed the lean with the county after they gave me the loan, so they don't have anything legally to subordinate. They even told me the loan papers were not even notorized. Everything in their system said the lean was filed, but when they pulled the actual papers from the vault they were blank. They started working on fixing their error, but couldn't tell me how long it would take. Chase told me they should have it fixed quickly, and even offered to call Citibank fro me to explain. Citibank called me and told me Chase said it could take months to fix. Chase recommended I either close the account or pay loan extension fees to Citibank to keep my refi going till they sorted it out, neither of which I wanted to do.

When I asked about just closing the account and getting a new one, they said it would probably only get approved for up to 65% of the LTV since the market is so screwed up right now.

After 6 weeks of trying with no luck to get the paperwork fixed, I decided to just close the account with Chase so I could keep the rate I locked in at and avoid losing the non-refundable fees I already paid. Chase now wants me to pay them $31.00 for a lean termination fee. They said it's a fee they have to pay to the county to remove the lean. When I explained to them there was no lean and that's why I'm closing the account, they told me that was impossible and said they couldn't waive the fee. I have a letter from Chase subordination department saying there was no lean (assignment) on file so I'm not making up things about chase. I even gave them the number to the department and the name of the supervisor I had been working with, and they still refused to believe me.

After 2 hours getting no where, I agreed to pay the fee just so I could close the account. They told me since the account was closed at my request (at the beginning of the call), I couldn't pay the $31 online or over the phone and would have to send them a check or money order. The fee then went to $61 since I asked if that was all I owed them. Found out it costs $30 for a payoff quote. Strangely enough, I owed them nothing when the phone call started. If I would have just paid the $31 online first, I could have closed the account the same day, but since I asked about closing it first, it's going to take another 2 weeks to get things processed, unless I want to pay an additional $30 fax fee.

Citibank has wiaved extension fees for a month now, but say they are not willing to wait any longer for this to be resolved without assessing fees. I have invested over $1200 in appraisals and fees that will be lost if this doesn't go through. If I agree to pay fees to keep the loan going, it will cost me $71 a day from now on to do so. After explaining this to Chase, they are now telling me this isn't their fault and that Citibank was responsible for filing the lean, not Chase. When I asked them why Chase is working on fixing it then instead of Citibank, they had no answer, but also refused to acknowledge responsibility.

Chase is OK to deal with as long as you have no problems. As soon as you have a problem, even if it's obviously Chase's problem, they will make you're life a nightmare. They know the average individual customer doesn't have the resources to take them on and they will eventually just give up and go away. That's what they count on.

Don't deal with Chase. You will be forced to deal with a bunch of lemmings that will just jerk you around and you will ultimately do what they want or they will destroy you; emotionally, and/or financially. Someone really needs to stand up to these clowns and protect the individuals. If anyone knows someone that can help, please post.
A  11th of Jan, 2010 by    0 Votes
i am trying to get some help, but we need everyone to come together. if we can get enough people together, i'm sure someonewill put them in their place. email me if anyone wants to talk !!!

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree