Chase Creditt Card / unfair late fees

GA, United States Review updated:

Chase is a rip off. I paid my chase bill online on a sunday afternoon. For some reason, I could not submit the payment on the due date (which is the actual date I was making the payment). There system would only let me submit my payment for the following date, which would make my payment late. I later found out chase has a deadline for payments which is 4:00pm. I made my payment at 5:23pm. No big deal, I thought I 'll call and explain and they will erase the late fee. They have to I said, it was only a hour and 23 minutes "so called" late. Boy was I mistaken, not only would they not take off the charge. The manager on duty, mr. Micheal monroe - if that's his real name. Proceeded to tell me, (In short) that because I did'nt spend alot of money I could not be considered. Well dang, I did'nt know that when they came after me to open up an account that they saw me as invaluable. After speaking to three reps. My account was charged the $39.00 late fee and my account was closed. Boy, not only did he tell me I was of no value to the company, he showed me as well. Well, my eyes are open. The 4:00 dealine is just another way to tack on uneccesary fees, so that you stay in bondage and they can stay ridiculously profitable. I plan to go after chase like truth goes after the the major cigarette companies. I plan on calling again tomorrow and speak with a mr. Marc schlesinger. We will see what happens. I'll keep you posted.
Ke

Comments

Bo
  25th of Sep, 2008
Chase did something simular to me .. Ive been a customer of theres due to them acquiring my credit card accounts from other banks. One day I missed making a payment via online by the due date, but paid it after the due date. In fact Ive always paid more than what is due and usually well before its due date. I contacted there customer service and requested a waiver of the late charge $39.00 on my $10.00 monthly payment. They refused to waive it and went on to tell me the money is due Chase. They would not even consider a partial waiver. Ive never been late and it was an oversight, and then they told me to go on and sign up for automactic payment. I felt there customer service personnel were treating me like dead beat customer. There tone with me was rough and I felt very unfair. I since moved the balance to a 1.9% card and refused to charge on my Chase cards. My next step is to contact the companies tied to my chase cards, Sony, Amazon, and Circuit City and advise of there practices.
Mi
  1st of Nov, 2008
made electronice payment 3 days early and they posted it 1 day late. changed my 3.9 % intrest to 13.9. im not taking it i have proof through electronic transfer. im going to arbitration on this one. dont use chase they will cheat you. on an old account i had i sent a check 9 days early for a saturday due date. it posted at 3:20 am sunday morning. who was there at 3 in morning processing checks?
Br
  14th of Nov, 2008
I am completely shocked by Chase policy of not listening to the Customer for not paying their bill on time. Here is sthe situation, I checked my bills out and I have paid above the minimum amount due for the last year. at the end of June of this year I was diagnosed with Non-Hodgkins lymphoma stage 4. I live alone and try to take care of my bills alone. I usually go thru the bills at the first of the month since that is the time I am paid thru a disability retirement. Well this month I was amitted to the Hospital for a few days with what they call neautrophenia Fever and other problems that occur with Non-Hodgkin lymphoma Cancer. I have had 6 chemotherapy treatments in the last 4 months which has made it hard for me to be able to think of where I am with my bills. My Chase credit card bill was due on the 11th of November for the amount of $10.00. In the past again i have paid them well over the amount is due each month. Unfortunately I was amitted with a infection that my body could not fight since my white blood cells were to low to be able to fight the infection. My Neautrofils count was almost down to zero and without the help of the Huntsman Cancer Hospital I would have died from the infections that I could not fight off without the anti-biotics. I was in bed for a couple of days when I got home from the hospital unable to work on my bills. I live alone, I have no friends to come and help me each month on taking care of my house or my household bills. All of my creditors have been willing to help me accept CHASE. They would not let me talk to their supervisor, nor give me a phone number to call someone. The cost of fighting this cancer has been astronomical but somehow I have been able to pay their bill on time plus $40 dollars more each month. My amount I owe them is around $400.00 and I am sure that the amount of the late fee is going to be $40.00 . A late fee of 10 percent for being 2 days late. I am just thankful that I was able to live thru this last battle with the side effects of cancer and yes it would have been nicer if CHASE Credit Card Service could have waived the late fee due to the circumstances. If Anyone knows any phone numbers to call to be able to get some action please let me know ... $40.00 to them my not mean much . But $40.00 to me is life or death when your fighting a terrible disease as Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma ...
Ma
  19th of Aug, 2009
at least they let you speak to a manager...i called in today 8/19/09 about trying to get them to lower the interest on the card and they wouldn't let me speak to anyone higher up, i requested a corporate number, etc... etc...nothing...i even tried calling back and same story...apparently now all they give you is a fax number or an address so you can write in with your complaint...terrible customer service!!

Chase Bank / JPMorgan Chase Bank Logo Chase Bank / JPMorgan Chase Bank